Almost Full Transformers Prime Image

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by caitlindevi, Jun 9, 2010.

1. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

For realz. I hate Pixar's cars, one of the most boring, self important ugly animated movies I ever suffered through. I like the 2D treatment of this cute truck design better - sure it's similar to Cars - but Pixar just ripped off Disney's Susie the Blue Coup cartoon from the 50s

YouTube - Susie the car...really cute cartoon! - mickeys disney store.com

Which was much better, and Cars shamelessly ripped off its dull story from the live action movie Doc Hollywood (beat for beat).

2. TwinSpin

TwinSpin Hot Coffeebot

I wasn't suggesting the TF Prime BB design would work in the movies. Obviously the Bruce Timm inspired TFA Animated Style of streamlined blockiness, and exaggerated heroic proportions would not fit into a live action movie. I was saying I like the way everything compresses elegantly w/o needless fiddly bits. I love seeing machine parts behind the car parts in the live action movies. I just think they could have had cleaner better designs - again it's a % thing for me. I think they got better as they went along.

Re: the Twins transforming offscreen - i totally agree! Pisses me off that bay has a movie called TRANSFORMERS and he barely shows us that creative act onscreen. And when he does, it's either obscured by screens (with the twins) or at night, like Blackout in Movie 1, or he's moving that goddamn stupid camera all over the place to medicate his filmic ADD, so we the audience cannot enjoy seeing a single onscreen transformation for what it's worth.

To me that is where Bay missed the boat the most. He does not show us transformations onscreen. He rushes past them, obscures them, cuts them up. The joy of transformers is seeing it happen before your eyes. And I would go so far as to to say the fun of transformers is to recognize some of the car parts in the bot designs. And see them sliding into place. When it becomes a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces are so small and frankly arbitrary, it hurts it. I love seeing Sideswipe's vehicle butt in his chest - it's visually satisfying. Again it's a percentage thing - they didn't pull it off very well in my book. They get a B on the designs. And the biggest problem is Michael Bay's horrible horrible horrible camerawork that cheats us out of seeing fun transformations without using the bluray slomo. WTF?

:) 

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well IMO the ROTF designs are far more streamlined than TF1 Originals, in special, Sideswipe and The Twins are detailed yet pretty seemless.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Animated was top to bottom a colossal G1 fan wank. How can any fan look at that show and not think a large part of it was made for the 30-somethings? Unless by "adult version" you mean a show aimed at 60-somethings. In that case, you might have to wait a bit longer. 30 years to be exact. :D 

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Since Pixar works for Disney, I don't think they can actually rip them off.
    Also, a lot of people did the whole living car caricature cartoons back in the day, like Tux Avery's One Cab's Family. There's even an older black and white one that I remember, but can't recall who did it.

Like it or hate it, Pixar's Cars was more of a tribute to those old timey car-toons

Ah, well I can see what you mean, but even still I didn't think it was that big of a problem in the first movie. It was actually some of the new designs in ROTF when I kind of started to notice it.

Honestly, the camera never bothered me in the 2007 film. I felt like I got to see a good bit of the transformations in the first movie then I did in ROTF.
    I think the camera pan in the Blackout opening transformation helped create suspense. But that's just me.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Actually it was always supposed to be a sequel to Armada and Energon, but Takara decided to make it a new series. But then TakaraTomy changed their minds when they began adopting Hasbro's Primus mythos across the multiverse, and placed Galaxy Force as part of the "Micron Trilogy" (what Hasbro calls the Unicron Trilogy).

This decision made those Galaxy Force fans who declared that Hasbro was "ruining Japan's intent" look rather the fool.

7. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    I think snakeeyes could look awesome. Gotta see more. Actually, he looks like he wants to chop up those cute furry animals!

I like the Bumbleebee. Now I want to see the other robots

8. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    ^^^ This Bee is a pretty decent looking one for an animated series.. like thygriever I want to see the other bots..soon please :D 

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I know it's mean of me to say it, but a part of me would like to see the third film fail and Transformers Prime fail just so we wouldn't have to put up with the movie look any more. Transformers goes in cycles with the look so if you wait long enough a new look will come along, but it seems like the movie look has been around way too long now. I'm ready for whatever comes after the movie look.

10. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

Mmm. It kind of looks like they took the Animated and Movie Bumblebee and shoved them together. And so I'm not exactly oppossed to it, but I am a bit puzzled as to why they would create a new show when they already had the Animated deal and still have the movies going. I would think they'd want something that looked a bit more different--if nothing more than for the prospects of marketing and all.

11. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

Bee looks good, not sure what to think about Snake Eyes. Guess we will have to wait and see.