Allspark vs Vector Sigma

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by crono7, Jul 10, 2007.

1. crono7

crono7 New Member

I just watched the Transformers live action movie a couple days ago. One thig that confused me was the reference to the allspark, i thought that life came from Vector Sigma, not the allspark. Is the allspark vector sigma, only with a different name.
    I tried to google it, but became more confused, seeing as how eveytime there is a new TF cartoon, everything changes (allspark, matrix, vector sigma, laser core ).
    Wikipedia only made thigs worse, if you guys could explain it to me i'd really appreciate it.

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    different universes.

the allspark as is from the movie doesn't exist in the same universe vector sigma is from.

vector sigma only exists in the cartoon continuity.

both do the same thing only with completely different histories and the allspark is more portable.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

And Vector Sigma creates intelligent life, while the Allspark just grants life.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Interesting thought on the Allspark, I never compared it to Vector Sigma. Though the answer is indeed different continuities. The other key thing is Vector Sigma is very much sentient, while the Allspark seems to be more of an object, requiring some outside intervention to activate it. Granted you need a key for Vector Sigma, but once the key is in you can't deny he is alive.

5. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I felt that the Allspark is also partially inspired by the creation matrix from the G1 comics as well, which also has the ability to grant life to machines, as well as the power to alter and control machinery though to abgreater extent than Vector Sigma. Further , the Creation Matrix (under Furman's later-run retcon) also had a tangible physical manifestation that could be carried around. The way I see it, I think the Allspark incorporates elements from both of them to become the new continuities version of a lifegiving mystical object, which makes sense considering the writers probably had to look through all the previous TF continuities before coming up with their story and probably made their macguffin draw from as many continuities as possible.

6. Soundatron

Soundatron A Blight Upon The Land

^indeed. In fact, it was nice that they put their own twist on the story instead of just jacking the matrix or vector sigma.

7. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Maybe theyll connect the allspark(which is gone now supposedly) with Vector Sigma in the sequel. Would make sense in answering the question of how the Allspark came to be and who can make the crazy machines into reasonable creatures.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Well, remember the cartoon. VS gives personalities, which cause the already fully functioning TFs to come to life.

But on the actual OP statement, they're two completely different continuities.

9. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When was the first time the term "Allspark" was used? Beast Machines?

10. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Yup. Allspark first was used as a description for "The Matrix" (not the Matrix of leadership) as a sort of other world where all sparks come from and return to. Sort of like TF heaven. The Oracle computer was an interface to it. The oracle was likely the BM era version of Vector Sigma.

11. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I thought that the Oracle was an external shell program for Vector Sigma, not VS itself - because in Beast Machines, Tankor accessed Vector Sigma via the Oracle and re-created the key for it.

12. Leo Primal-2

Leo Primal-2 Well-Known Member

The Oracle was a shell program built by the Quintessons.

It allowed them to control Primus/Vector Sigma and create life for their Robots