Allspark limits

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegaMoonMan, Sep 7, 2007.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Generally I hate silly hypothetical fictional arguments like the one I'm about to propose, but this one has been bugging me for some reason.

Take the movie allspark - it can change machines into robots, but how complex of a machine does it have to be in order to be changed?

It seems to me like the only prerequisites (in the movie) are metal, an electronic circuit, and a power source/battery. They say the technology is what makes something able to be changed, but some of the stuff that the allspark animated were fairly simple machines - like the vending machine. A highly complex AI robot made out of a simple 99% mechanical vending machine.

Don't you think that a near-godly thing like the allspark wouldn't even need the comparatively simplistic circuitry involved in things like vending machines and cellphones in order to create a highly advanced transforming robot? The existing circuitry would be nothing but chicken scratch compared to what the allspark would have to create.

I would think a lump of metal and MAYBE a car battery would be enough for it to work with. Thoughts?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  2. redline928

redline928 06/26/09

Good thought, but like a vending machine would have to be plugged in to have electricity, but they didnt show mountain dew-bot run away, get his plug pulled, and then fall over..kinda weird huh? My question is...why did it seem like everything that the spark changed turned into a pissed off evil guy?

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I think as long as it is classed as machinery, then the allspark would be able to transform it.
    For example, I doubt it could take a sign post and turn it into a robot.

I think it needs to be a device with either mechanical parts of electrical components.

It's an interesting question, I wonder if we may ever end up with an official answer of just what the Allspark can do.

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I want to know how it creates the interior matter, for the new bots. like where did dewbots head come from. how does it rearrange the matter and create the guts of the bots

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Why couldn't it? The machinery that already exists inside any given thing has little or nothing to do with the end result, so why is it necessary?

Everything inside what is being changed is being reconfigured and changed on the molecular level, so what difference does it having a motor or a light bulb make?

If such a thing as the allspark really existed, my contention is that it would need nothing more than raw materials to create robots - unless it is actually choosing what it wants to change based on what makes something up internally, but the movie allspark didn't seem very picky to me. Why would it check for simple circuits anyway?

Compared to what the allspark creates out of them, the circuits inside a vending machine may as well be random scratches on a metal plate.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    After my third viewing on Monday I figured, since Megatron is "the source of the modern age" and current technology was reverse engineered from him, maybe all Earth technology is inherently pissed off, it just doesn't get a chance to act out with out the Allspark. I figure this was yet another thing that may have been implied but not made clear. And I am not bashing I do like the movie. :) 

7. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Moonman I've been thinking exactly the same thing...and it's been driving me nuts.

I think in the end, its just one of those "makes sense for the plot but really doesn't make sense" elements of fantasy fiction.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Well the allspark created life on cybertron from nothing really so I guess it doesnt need those things first since it looked to be just a baron rock prior to the all sparks arrival.

However

I will be elated if we find out that cybertron was the quintessons planet and the all spark was a creation of theirs to more quickly construct autonomous robots. Then you could start to set in some G1 back story that way.

Actually you could even say the autobots were the subservient race and the decepticons were the ones who rebelled and after banishing the Quints they then in turn used the all spark to populate the planet and change the face of cybertron kinda like a vector sigma but updated. Of course then after fighting together then they started fighting between them selves kinda like the book and movie hint at But like vector sigma the all spark can generate matter and decrease it as seen in mass shifting and also the reconstruction of FRENZY ;) 

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I believe this is the reason the Movie writers gave at the panel the day after the Botcon screening.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Agreed!

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I agree with this, and I'd even suggest that perhaps the fundamentally simplistic nature of the machinery that was 'transformed,' at least compared to actual Transformers, meant that the life created was similarly simplistic. As a result, they weren't 'evil' so much as animalistic, and responded like a scared animal (with a chaingun) would.