Allspark hacked again *sigh*

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shaun_C, Jun 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed.

If this fandom were ever to reach a level of maturity where skills, knowledge, and passion for our shared hobby could be channeled together rather than antagonistically against one another, we would be a respected, formidable force, capable of exerting much greater influence on Hasbro, the club & convention, etc... Sadly, until we all can check our egos at the door we will never reach our potential as a group.

To our friends at the Allspark, all the best - I know how I'd feel if this place were out of commission for an extended period. I hope the issue impacting your board will be permanently rectified in prompt fashion. For the casual Allsparker visiting this thread, please know that the VAST majority of folks that post here are friendly, outgoing people, and as is always the case with 'teh internetz', the vocal minority shout the loudest. Personally I hope you feel welcome here and continue to visit; and I would imagine this view is shared by 98% of the community.

2. Kalidor

Kalidor Member

As Quantumhawk stated, Wheelimus has already addressed the incorrect information regarding the upgrade donations and/or Cyber Key project

However, it was always stated that the reserve money donated after I had stated we had enough could go to other projects.

In fact, in a recent poll of user interest on the site, the idea of the Cyberkeys were suggested and met with GREAT approval by the users and was an idea that many were excited about -- including many of the people who donated money to the overall operation of The Allspark.

At no time have I ever mislead the users regarding the funds and stated within the second day that we now had enough to do what we wanted to do with the upgrades. People continued to donate, happily I might add, to show both their support and their enthusiasm for The Allspark community as a whole.

I find the fact that the biggest complainers about "Where is the money going??" are the same people who *proudly* declare they'd never donate nor even visit the site.

Again, if you have no interest in the community, that's certainly your right -- however, I think you need to live up to that claim by stop trying to tear it down, and me along with it.

When actual users who actually have stake in the community have a complaint, it will certainly be addressed by me and the rest of the staff.

Otherwise... those who have no vested interest in the community really have no business or right to complain about its operation.

3. MPhage

MPhage Like you're any better.

Page 11, Greg.

Within the first 5 posts, 2 users.

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dan, just damn. This has gone on for far too long. I am not going to sit by and let these boards be used for a sparring match between current and former Allspark staff.

I'm sure most of you have each others email addresses, IM, phone numbers or whatever. Fucking use them.

With that all said, this thread is going to make me think twice about letting a thread stay open if and when the Allspark gets hacked again. This is the second time in as many threads about the Allspark getting hacked that has degenerated into a pissing match.

To the Allspark staff and members, I wish you all the best of luck. I consider some of the members and staff there as good friends and fellow fans. You're all welcome here, but if I see something of this nature again, the staff of this site will be instructed to ban without warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.