Allspark Evil?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Splintershot, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I have a question (and my apologies if this has already been asked). If the Allspark was the ultimate life source and it created all of the Transformers in the movieverse existence, then why in the world did all of the creations shown in the films immediately turn savage and go on a kill-spree?! First, there was the cellphone, the "itty-bitty energizer bunny from Hell". The first thing that it begins doing is shooting bullets and missiles frantically. Then there was the Mountain Dewbot, Xbot 360 (hehe, coined that myself... I think), and the driving wheelbot. They quickly wreck havoc through the city! Then finally, there were the appliances that come to life and destroy. Sam's. house. Why is it that the creation's are instantly violent like they were born to be Decepticons - even when the good is using the Allspark. So here's another question... if the Transformers were created to immediately become violent beasts (which would explain so much about Optimus Prime!), did the original race have to 'tame themselves' to become a more civilized race? Any thoughts?

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    You answered the question yourself: Allspark creations aren't evil, they're feral.

3. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    I always thought they when they are first born/ created that they are naturely agressive

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    This

5. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    ^But one of the kitchenbots have a Decepticon logo?

6. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

Well, I guess that maybe be true...

If they were born naturely agressive, then were Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Arcee all once so vicious and murderous (or at least more than they are now)?

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They weren't evil, but feral. Their only instincts were self-preservation, and since they were all so small they attacked anything that was bigger. ROTF Ejector's bio possibly explains that the base traits of their "alt modes" dominate their logic, so a toaster mutation would be driven to burn everything. Hence why they're so violent, they're just taking their functions to extremes.

8. Altimus Prime

Altimus Prime Shift perceptions

Because having a coffee maker in Sam's kitchen turn into a robot and then ask to sit down for a tea party wouldn't really fit very well in a Michael Bay film.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    While the OP's question has been asked a gajillion times, and the answer to his question really ought to be a stickied forum announcement...

... this part of his post really got me thinking. Particularly that bit about Optimus. His savagery might well be a form of atavism. A throwback to his earliest years.

10. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Some people attributed their feral nature to the fact that they are not true Cybertronians but human technology brought to life by the power of the Allspark. Since all modern human technology in the movieverse was reverse-engineered from Megatron, then they are evil by nature.

Which seems illogical in my opinion.

I think the feral and self-preservation instinct is the best explanation. Probably this is also a side-effect of the power of the Allspark acting on non-cybertronian technology or organism. Maybe in Cybertron, when the Allspark gave life to new Cybertronians, they would just act like the hatchlings, kind of animal-like, but not violent.

11. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I look at it this way. If the Allspark could grant life to either a toaster, a microwave, a wrist watch, or a Gameboy, I think it would be a feral animal, because none of them, are made are build with the right parts which could be used as a brain.
    Let's take KITT from Knight Rider who already has a sophisticated AI; if her were exposed to the Allspark, I think would be an official Transformer, bc the mind has already been built, and it's been enhanced with the Allspark. Does that make sence?

12. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

But there are some objects that have components similar to a brain, and behaved like animals once brought to life, they were feral anyway.

Those would be the X-Box and the cell phone in the first movie, the router in the second, and even the microwave. Those items have processors and a form of AI in their programming, even the microwave. So, at least the X-Box and the cell phone, already had components that once exposed to the power of the Allspark, could become at least basic brain structures, providing them with basic intelligence.

So, I think your theory is good, but also there must be some other reason to why they are always feral.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

It makes no sense to why we didn't get any new Autobots to come online.

Basically saving the Cybertronian race is evil, killing it is good. :banghead

14. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

I think all movie transformers are naturally destructive.Example:ratchet.But the applicons (as I call them) are Galavatron Material,much more them Megatron himself.