Allspark Discussion Thread *spoilers**MERGED*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by LigerPrime, Jul 3, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, we know it give sorts of gives life but I realised that it completely restored "bodiless" Frenzy. Watch carefully...when Frenzy touched the AllSpark his body was restored!

Anyway, I'm wondering what is the real function of the AllSpark? Especially since in the novels it was mentioned that the reason why TFs like the hp-bot behave in a menancing manner was because it had "no spark"?

Could the AllSpark just be a tool to just create a TF body and its "base" instincts such as survival but with no soul/spark?

What are your thought?

2. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    Well first off Im surprised that they COULD destroy it, if it created them, wouldnt destroying it have some all spanning affect on every Transformer? And did it being destroyed kill off the sparkless animalistic transformers (Dewbot), and that shard that was left, did Prime keep it or crush it?

I definetly think that it could play a factor later on for Megatron's return, having it pushed into him will probably give him more power later.

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Maybe a Transformers' spark develops as it 'grows'.
    When they're born by the Allspark, newly created TF's are directionless, with just the most basic of a spark which barely registers. That spark must be nurtured by 'parents'. MEGATRON, as such a 'parent', would have channelled the newly created robots into war and violence.

If the Autobots had recovered the Allspark and used it to ressurrect Cybertron, they would have made sure the resultant 'younglings' were guided past their birth angst, instead channelling it into creativity and goodness.
    With neither Autobot or Decepticon to imprint upon, a newly born Transformer is directionless, afraid and lashing out (as seen in the film)

I also presume the Allspark can't create a new spark of the same Transformer as, like people, that spark has been formed over years through the experiences that particular Transformer has undergone. Once JAZZ dies, his spark is snuffed. The Allspark could ressurect the body with a new infant spark, but it wouldn't be JAZZ.

Maybe...

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I think Prime kept the spark and when he closed his fist around it...it was like him holding the remains of something precious...you could see that his eyes diluted i.e. became smaller like he was grieving for its lost...can't say I blame him because the Autobots needed the AllSpark to "restore" Cyberton.

5. Exitspeed

Exitspeed Well-Known Member

Quick movie question about the Allspark. (Spoilers)

Why is it that the Allspark only made decepticons? The little dude in the box at the Hover damn, and then on the street with the Vending machine, 360, and Escalade.

Did I miss something?

6. Rocker22

Rocker22 Well-Known Member

Asked everywhere else pretty much, it gives them life but no intelligence.

7. Exitspeed

Exitspeed Well-Known Member

So how do they get the intelligence?

8. D_Fool

D_Fool Well-Known Member

They're probably like children, need to be raised and taught.

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

That makes sense. They were frightened, so they attacked with instincts.

And the Mountain Dew vending machine was the coolest Product Placement in history.

10. periL75

periL75 Soft Fleshy Bi-Ped

Ebay:
    hah! hell yeah, & was it just me or was he shooting cans of pop? :S

11. LigerPrime

News Credits:
  12. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Ohhh, that's a good theory...about the Megs being a parent part.

13. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    In the opening narration, Prime says that the Allspark creates life, and that's about it. Didn't mention anything about spark being created as good or evil.

Were I a betting man, I'd say that the reason that all the bots created by the Allspark while on Earth (cell phone, Mountain Dew machine, microwave, SUV, etc) are psychopathic is because, as stated in the movie, all technology (such as the microchip) is reverse-engineered from Megatron, while kept in cryo-stasis under the Hoover Dam by Sector Seven since the 1930s.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

for one i think i remember him crushing the remains of the all spark and dust coming from his hand. Secondly big plot clue for movie number 2 dumping the decepticon bodies all in the same place in the ocean where the pressure is supposed to crush the bodies. but im thinking it might do something like reactivate or merge a couple of the bots al la all spark remains.

it just is weird that megatron wanted to join the all spark with his spark but yet it killed him in the end ??? either great plot twist or bad story writing

15. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Did Megs really say that he wanted the AllSpark to join his spark?! I was given the impression that he only wanted an AllSpark to create an army and how dangerous the AllSpark was to TFs - especially after Ratchet's "speech".

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Ditto. They'd better make a toy of "Dispensor." That'd rule. :D 

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    My wife's question, who ended up loving the movie like I said she would, was "Is the Allspark made of styrofoam?" Her point being, BB shrinks it down from a massive size, but when Sam is carrying it around, it apears to have no mass. Poor acting? Or is the Allspark made of a very light substance?

Someone made the point of Prime and keeping the shard and the rejuvinating properties of the Allspark. Anyone think they might use it to bring Jazz back for the sequel?

18. fret80

fret80 15 Tango

I saw Prime pick up the last remaining piece of the Allspark but I don't recall him crushing it, just holding it. And Megatron wanting to join the Allspark with his own is from the video game, not the movie. It's established in the movie that joining the Allspark with ones own would kill you. Megs wanted the Allspark to Transform earth's technology and make an army.

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm guessing the Allspark was that light because it mass-altered.

Two viewings has me thinking that an alterior reason for avoiding mass-shifting on the Transformers themselves was to grant it to the Cube alone. Sort of to add to its inexplicable godpowers.

That and it would've been silly-looking if Sam was dragging the thing around, I think. :lol 

20. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yeah that was my quick response, "Mass shifting, babe"
    hers, "whatever, it was made of styrofoam."