Allspark appliances; feral or evil?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I know there's been a few threads about the robots brought to life in the Bayformers movies, whether or not they're evil of just plain ferrel, but I want to raise this question after watching ROTF a few more times.

I think the kitchen appliance bots at Sams house were brought online evil.

In the 2007 movie when the Xbox and the Dewbot were brought online their was a battle going on, so you could easily say that they were just following along with what they saw.
    However when the appliance bots were brought on online their was no battle going on, yet they still banded to together and ambushed Sam in his bedroom.
    If the bots were indeed feral they'd just run around like maniacs, but they didn't.
    They rallied together, ran up the stairs and attacked Sam. That's not feral; that's organized.

So I was wondering what your thoughts were on the subject?

2. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

All Earth technology is reverse engineering from Megatron, as stated in the first movie. So they're born like Megatron. Evil.

3. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea but reverse engineering, is simply learning from existing technology, then back paddling to learn how it's made, then trying to duplicate it into something else.
    I don't think evil is mechanical, and can be properly duplicated into my microwave. If these bots are truly given life, then I think they're given a choice.

4. Attacker_Prime

Humans probably replicated something that gives Megatron his personality. So, combine that with the Allspark's power, and you have little Megatrons running around your kitchen! Lol.

5. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    some of the kitchenbots have Con symbols on them so that should answer your question.

But "probably replicated something that gives Megatron his personality"? If you really think about how appliances are made its really simple, you'll have a shell a few gears and a motor. Yes its reverse engineering, copying something we seen with the available resources we have on Earth its not like were cloning parts of Megatron copying parts of his CNA and brain data to make a toaster LOL!

But TransFormers of today are given life much differently (hatchings) from the first 13 who were given life by the All Spark. And like the Fallen the first 13 or Primes look like Decepticons. So if anything it may have something to do with that.

I need to stop myself before I end up writing a book LOL!

6. Attacker_Prime

Probably we do, but we never know.

Also, I did not notice any Decepticon symbol on the kitchen-bots, I only did on Ejector's toy.

Primes looking like Decepticons? The Primes aren't resembling the Decepticon symbol, only the Fallen does, and more likely the Decepticon symbol resembles him.

And yes, you'd make a pretty good writer.

7. KAGE

News Credits:
    Yeah "probably" but that just too much of a easy way out. I dont want to bring the toys or comics into this LOL!

As for the symbol its red, I dont remember witch one Ill go check it out later but its on his nose/face.

And Im not say'n all the primes are Cons but all 13 do share the same face design.

joshnizzi.com

joshnizzi.com

8. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Nuetral. They have no allegiance.

Think of them as baby venomous snakes. When first born they attack everything insight and cannot control the venom they inject into their prey.

Think of them like that, except they export bullets instead of toxins.

9. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

With Ejector id as a Decepticon, I'd say they are evil. Never thought about the Megatron reverse engineered angle though. Interesting.

10. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

A poorly conceived piece of plot triviality constructed to fufill Mr Bays desire to see things running about shooting each other whether it makes any sense or not?

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Watch the kitchen crew scene again, several of them are "born" with Decepticon insignias. I'd say its a little bit of both honestly, yeah they're feral, but they're also evil in nature.

12. Attacker_Prime

There are some major differences, though. And the Fallen's face just screams "Decepticons!" to me.

As for the logos, it seems that it's confirmed by other people too, so here's my explanation.

We, the humans, reverse engineered Megatron, and not knowing, we also replicated his personality parts, which could be found inside some mechanisms, since they kinda cut a bit of ol' Megs up, so they can study him. So, basically, all of our technology is a Decepticon (or, miniature Megatron, for that matter), with no spark (therefore your computer doesn't shoot you in the head now), and not able to transform or be authonomus. However, when the Allspark comes in, the Megatrons are given a spark and the ability to transform and be authonomus, which gives them life. Then, they have Megatron's personality, that's why they're all Decepticons. As for why did they get a Decepticon symbol, there are 3 explanations:

1. They generated it themselves when the Allspark energy was on them.

2. They always had it, hidden and small on the inside.

3. It was put there for the audience to know that those bots are evil.

So there.

13. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I don't think the kitchen bots were evil. They defintely behaved more intelligent than the feral bots from movie 1, but I think the intention was to have them be 'mischievous' critters..that just happened to have vague humanoid shapes and built-in gatlin guns.

Still feral.

It only makes it more confusing, but that's pretty cool!

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Maybe it's like the Gremlins. They're just born assholes, except for a few.

15. KAGE

News Credits:
    Yes there all different but the Decepticon symbol is not as obvious as the Fallen's but there all still there.

And your example is still not much different from your first. Were looking at this assuming the All Spark is like the good of all good. Not saying its evil but like humans, without training were just natural wild animals. Only through education are we civilized the same goes with TransFormers.

Like I was saying the whole "personality parts" is not feasible. Your entitled to your own opinion but thats just not logical for me. You have to stop looking at a TransFormer as a robot and look at it as a living creature. They have a brain and cells much like we do but in machine form.

With your suggestion, that would mean the Autobots' Earth forms now have parts of Megatron's personality in them as apposed to just copying Con-technology.

Yes everything we have on Earth is thanks to Megatron but thats not to say our own technology didnt go into it to help expand on things we dont understand about Cybertronian tech.

16. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

They do have Con symbols :/ I wonder if Megatron corrupted the AllSpark....

17. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

I'm with the baby snake theory. I think Autobots and Decepticons both act the same way when they're first created.

18. Red Frenzy

Red Frenzy Its madness He's 100% RED

Back when Bob Orci was answering questions before ROTF came out I asked him about this very issue based on what we see in TF1 with Dispensor, xbox bot and the others. Here was my question:

Orci's answer was this:

My assumption would be that the Kitchen crew fall into this same type of "Mindless Drones" given feral life by the Allspark shard.

19. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

In the "Deconstructing Visual Bayhem" thing on the Blu-Ray, one of the preliminary animations was of the kitchen scene, and the bots don't actually go upstairs until the water Sam is spraying drips down and hits Blender-PenisGun. They then go off to try and figure out what exactly was up there, and they run into Sam.

I thought it was a pretty interesting explanation that kept the "feral instinct" going.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I never noticed the water dripping on one of the bots. There's SOOO much going on at once in that scene, it's hard to pay attention that scene.
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again; Bayformers requires 20/20 vision to pick up all these hidden details.