Allspark Almanacs?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Simsplayer9, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Simsplayer9

Simsplayer9 Wowza!

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. It has to do with Transformers, but it's not a comic book/graphic novel (there should be a book section!). Anyways, my mom ordered two Allspark Almanacs for me on Borders. It was on backorder so it told us it should ship in 2 to 4 weeks. My problem is, it's been 4 weeks and it still hasn't shipped. Is this something to worry about? Do you think it'll be shipped soon?

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We-ee-eeelll.... the first volume is officially out of print... and the second seems to be as well, sooo.... :( 

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Wow, they are OOP already?

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    IDW's stuff doesn't seem to stay in print for very long. It's actually rather silly, they put out stuff like "the IDW Collection" to try and help people keep up with the stories they may have missed out on, but then the book itself goes out of print. Which actually puts me in a similar situation as the thread starter here, cos I ordered LSOTW and the Collections vol 1 and 2 from Amazon, and it says Collection 1 will ship at the same time as LSOTW, but Collection 1 also has that "2 to 4 weeks" notice...

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I work in a comic shop, and I've had Collection 1 on back-order for a few customers since the week after it came out. It's fockin' ridiculous.

6. Simsplayer9

Simsplayer9 Wowza!

So it's likely that my order will be cancelled? :( 

7. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

More likely they will keep it open.... and just keep your money. I'd suggest canceling yourself.

You're are in a pickel if you really want these books. But, if you keep an eye on TFW's Junkion Exchange you could find them for a reasonable price (like I did with Almanac 2).

I was really screwed over with Almanac 2. I ordered from B&N the day it was released.... and was told they had them at their warehouse. 2 months went by and it was to late to get it anywhere else. The only places that had it was Amazon and Ebay with prices ranging from $100-$250!

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm just waiting for a collected edition like they did with the Ark.