All Transformers games removed from Steam?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had saved Fall of Cybertron and Devastation in my wish list. I had intended to buy them during the Holiday Sale this year. Anyone have any idea why they did this?

2. Fuzz

Fuzz Garbage Pail Kid TFW2005 Supporter

It happened on PSN too. Probably licensing issues.

They’re still available for Xbox.

3. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

I asked a fellow Transformers gamer about this and they had a theory:
    That since Activision has acquired Battle.net, that all their games will be migrated to that launcher.
    If this is true, it means they want us to use their proprietary launcher to play Transformers games.

I assume for anyone who purchases the game new, that's not going to be overly inconvenient.
    But as I already purchased most, if not all of the Transformers catalogue via Steam, I'm not paying for the games I already own for a second time.
    I think Steam will keep hosting the game downloads for existing owners, it is just that they aren't available for purchase new.
    So unless they give me the games for free on Battle.net, I don't see any advantage or reason to use it to launch them.

I have mixed feelings about a migration to Battle.net, since it's connected to Blizzard Entertainment and I already resent them for creating/maintaining the most despicable mmo in existence.
    As long as they keep the advertising for that game away from me (plus all others of that genre), I wouldn't object to having their launcher.
    But given my history with similar launchers, I expect it to start sending messages about this offer and that offer for games I have no interest in playing.
    Hence why I am dubious about using it.

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    They just had a massive sale on TF games on Xbox 360 but now they are all removed from downloading (demos or what have you) and/or purchasing them.
    The only thing that remains is "Transformers: The Cybertron Experience" which is a pack of both WFC and FOC.
    What a shame and I hope you can still get DLC if you own said game, I did just purchase ROTF cause I wanted to see if anyone still plays it and to just to own it (One of the best TF games in my opinion and the best thing to come out of Bayformers beside toys).... I did download the DLC before hand, so I should be fine.

5. Tilarta

@MaxLinden
    I just tried to access the DLC pages for Devastation and Fall of Cybertron.
    Each time, I was redirected to the generic Steam store.

So based on that experience, it looks like they've discontinued purchasing of the DLC content as well. :( :cry :rip 

6. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I guess if you purchased the DLC, then you own it... But if not you're out of luck. :( 
    That's ridiculous.... I feel like this will be just like the whole Deadpool game deal where it disappears for a year or 2 but then overwhelming support out of the community will come out bring it back!
    I understand removing the movie games but removing Devastation, one of the best Transformers games and loved by all is very odd to say the least. Same for WFC and FOC (But the hacking in MP could be a result of it not returning)
    I don't think anyone is really aware of this yet, so for now. :rip 

As for the time being, did some research.... Amazon is still selling the DLCs for FOC and ROTDS and some of the games digitally, so if you don't have them by now... This maybe the last chance to own them!
    Amazon - Transformers DLC

7. Tilarta

I hope the support of the community will eventually motivate the company to restore the games to Steam for new users to purchase and enjoy.
    However, I still think the intention was to migrate these products to Battle.net to raise the company's public profile and possibly secure new players for their existing games by proxy.
    So if it is to return, the probability is likely that it won't be for Steam users.

It did occur to me that perhaps this is related to the downsizing of the gaming industry in general.
    In this past year, the cancellation of several games with strong fanbases has been made for one reason or another.
    The ones that irritate me most are the removal of Mass Effect Andromeda sequels and Disney Infinity.
    So maybe we're just seeing the gaming industry enter it's decline phase, in which profit is more valued then creativity and customer loyalty.

@MaxLinden
    I checked that link you supplied, it isn't for a Transformers game at all, it's for a shield in Borderlands 2.

8. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    For me, when I click it, it shows DLCs and a way to purchase the games.
    If anything, just search up on Amazon "Transformers DLC" and press Video games.... Should show up :D 

9. Tilarta

10. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

I don't get why people think it's related to battle.net. Activision has owned Blizzard for a while now... are other activision games disappearing from steam? And why would they disappear from consoles? Are these games available on battle.net now?

The more likely reason is the license expired. Either activision didn't want to pay considering recent performance of the games and movies or Hasbro is going with another company.

11. Tilarta

@fujishig
    According to the information I just accessed, Activision delisted seven games from Steam, none of which were the Transformers games.
    The article was a bit out of date, but even so, that is concerning.
    Additionally, a game called Legend of Korra was also removed at the same time the Transformers games were discontinued.

As to why I am connecting it to battle.net, that opinion is based on my experience with Origin.
    Origin didn't want the latest Mass Effect games to be available via Steam, so did not authorise their release via that marketing platform.

12. 200lbofbeauty

200lbofbeauty Member

There alternatives to Steam at the moment such as Amazon and G2a! Get your copy before they run out! It runs with Steam too! I would post a link but it'll get blocked so just look it up on Google!

13. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE!

News Credits:
    I want to get the DLC for Devastation. I'm shit out of luck right?

14. Tilarta

15. CaptainSlayer

CaptainSlayer Bayfomer Fan

Unfortunately just found this out. I was hoping to pick up WFC and FOC on Xbox One but found out that both have just been delisted in January of this year.

Somewhat surprisingly, both games are still available on the Xbox 360. So here's to hoping they either relist the Xbox One versions or put the two 360 versions on the backward compatibility program.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Convoy

Convoy Noob Legends Collector

Any news on if they're coming back??

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    As others have said if you have a PC you can still get WFC and FOC on Amazon.

18. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

Im in UK and previously had digital Fall of Cybertron on 360, downloaded.. had ti make some space so deleted it, thinking to re-download it again later.

Can't anymore - all transformers content has been removed.

19. LateNights

LateNights Active Member

Check your download history through Xbox dashboard, and re-download that way.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NoiseMaker

NoiseMaker Well-Known Member

i'll give that a go - completely forgot about that! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1