All Transformers Games Delisted from Steam and PSN.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lothar Hex, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Devastation's sequel was cancelled a while ago. The division of Activision that produced their licensed games was shut down back in early 2016.

Who makes licensed console games anymore? That market is basically dead. We won't even be able to get a LEGO Transformers re-skin from Warner because of Hasbro. The world really doesn't need more of Telltale's shovelware and I suspect if they did something, it wouldn't sell well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Good!

Most of those games were crap once Activision started governing HighMoon Studio's anyway. If Hasbro has a clue they'll make a deal with a real developer moving forward. And none that Phone App crap either....

Developer's like EA, Square Enix, Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games are what stand out for me and sadly what Hasbro fails to realize is that G1/IDW TF lore has enough content to make games as epic as Star Wars Battle Front, Batman: Arkham and Sony's upcoming Spider-man game.

3. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    I wasn't a fan of that button masher anyway. Sure I should be happy it was homage to G1 but what they fail to realize was that G1 BumbleBee wasn't slapping Megatron around. Nor was Prime beating up Combiners by himself.

4. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right now EA stands out like a bad skin rash...

• Like Like x 5
  5. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  6. Prival

Prival Prival-con

7. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Fine, does nixing that one discredit the other Dev's mentioned...?

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    So who should get the licence then?

9. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Bad ending: Mobile games forever.
    True ending: Square Enix buy the rights, get Platinum to make the Devastation sequel Escalation.

May come as a surprise for you pal but that's how video games work. The Highmoon games had 3 autobots take down a Mechagodzilla, and had the same 3 autobots take down HORDES of Decepticons, but aye sure, it's dumb when you pick Bumblebee and fight Megatron for one fight cause the very consistent G1 cartoon didn't do that.

10. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    May come as a surprise PAL but I still don't have to like it (which I don't and didn't buy it as a result). Plus WFC's battles were FAR more believable. Thus they weren't giving Trypticon uppercuts and hey-makers... It was a more strategic boss fight then punching Devastator's leg 30x's!

FYI: It's dumb bringing up better quality game's (WFC) to defend mediocre games (Devastation) when all you're doing is wining my argument on why I prefer games like WFC more in the first place!

Button mash with Bumblebee all you like...But if more people liked it then it would've got a sequel....Simple as that!

11. Enigma2K2

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, I can't imagine why'd you include them in the first place after what they've done.
    But of course. The question now is when.

12. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Pfft! Activision isn't any better yet if they were to release a halfassed BumbleBay game to go with that Solo movie, half this site would be all over it.
    Plus, as crappy as most of those TF App games are that people played religiously (God I hated that TF Card game) EA is A quality by comparison.

That being said....Get the heck over it! The point was that I just want a quality G1-ish TF game and don't really care which Dev. creates it.

13. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Oh yeah. I remember when everyone was clamouring on this site about how awesome Rise of the Dark Spark was. Oh wait...

14. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

News Credits:
    I wish they'd try with Nintendo. Or SEGA. Or Platinum.

I know and it's awful. Atari, EA, and Activision are all places I don't want to see the franchise going.
    Maybe Rockstar would be up for it?

15. Alphard

Alphard The Munkky With A Bowl On Its' Head

News Credits:
    Square Enix might be a good choice. But I don't know if they'd be willing.

16. Septimus-Prime

Septimus-Prime Well-Known Member

I know the Alligned Prime continuity is finished but I hope there can be a great Transformers PC Game like universe comes again soon.

17. YoungPrime

News Credits:
    Hasbro wouldn't be patient enough.

Wishful thinking though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Enigma2K2

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Trust me, you don't have to worry about me defending Activision. And to go ahead and nip it in the bud, don't bother bringing up Ubisoft or Warner Bros. either. AAA in general can pretty much suck a d***.

Calm down, man. My beef... as well as everyone else's.. is with EA, not you. You can stop getting defensive. I'd like a good G1-ish game too. But unlike yourself, I'd prefer they stay the hell away from it. We've seen where their head is, and I'd rather not enable them to do more bulls*** with ANOTHER fan favorite franchise. That's all I need. Transformers: Battlefront II.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I noticed this shortly after new years as I had been searching daily on psn to see if FoC was on sale even though I have it on Steam, I like to have plenty of my games on the ps4 because I take it with me when I'm traveling. This news saddens me greatly as WfC and FoC are 2 of my all-time favorite games and even though I own both, this makes it more difficult to find. Now I want to get a physical copy again for the ps3 just incase. If they don't renew the license, any chance of there ever being another entry into the Cybertron series(as astronomically small a chance as it is) is completely dead and I fear for the future of Transformers in gaming. Sure the mobile games are entertaining enough when on the go but we need more legitimate console/pc games! The franchise deserves that much. The current trend in big franchises with predominantly app-based gaming and virtually nonexistent actual games on the market is insanely frustrating.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  20. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say a Devastation sequel is completely out of the question..? Platinum would just need to find someone willing to promote it and publish it. Look at Bayonetta. It went from being published by Sega to being one of Nintendo's IPs.