All time post season greats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alucard77, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I was thinking about this. We have a Hall of Fame that celebrates a players career, which is amazing, but not all time great Hall of Famers can be good in the post season.

The thing that I find pretty irritating is that there is no Hall of Fame section for post season players. I mean there are a lot of players that have been amazing in the post season that won't even smell the hall.

Bernie Williams is the perfect example. He is one of the greatest post season hitters to ever play the game. Meanwhile, he will never get the hall. He has the hall, but not the ring.

Pettite is another guy. While he maybe borderline, he would be in the hall easily if it was for postseason.

ARod on the other hand is regular season Hall of Famer, but a post season bust (for the most part). He gets all the glory, but only 1 ring.

This is just using 1 team and 1 sport as an example. But this can be done for any sport. I really think their should be a post season hall of fame.

What do you guys think?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    While there's something to be said about a player who can step up his game during a crunch, doesn't that also mean he's not playing at his best during the regular season? Same thing with the guys who crash and burn in the playoffs, that's not their best, right?

I dunno, I figure the post-season greats will get their due, as playoff performance would be considered part of an HoF candidates overall performance, no?

3. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Look at these numbers:

Jeter:
    Average: 307
    HR: 20
    RBI: 59
    Slugging: 465

ARod:
    Average: 277
    HR:13
    RBI: 41
    Slugging: 498

Bernie Williams:
    Average: 275
    HR: 22
    RBI: 80!

I mean, Bernie won't sniff the hall, but look at those numbers!

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Eli Manning.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    True that!

I doubt he will make the hall, but look at him in the playoffs. Meanwhile look at his brother. Guranteed hall of famer, but Eli will have more SB wins by the time he retires.