Customs: All the brushes you will ever need.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TonyzCustomz, Feb 28, 2009.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AND CHEAP PRICES! Looked around and couldn't find anything on what brushes people use so I am starting this thread. A while back my buddy Jin made a suggestion on some brushes that I should use as I was having trouble with regular store bought ones and the constant quality issues and fishtailing(though fishtails can really help with some details). So I am passing this info on to anyone that wants some good brushes for an even greater price. Register with the sites mailing list for some great coupons so you can get the normal 50% plus there codes which go up to 50% as well. Cant beat that and to top it off with normal cleaning these brushes outlast any of the ones I have bought from Micheal's or hobbyshops.

Eye of the Tiger Brushes by Dynasty

2. luke4

luke4 crocon

3. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bendy brushes? That's new. lol Cool, I might have to pick them up to try. What do you use for the smaller details? I notice they come is "regular size" only? Thanks for the link to that thinner, I need something a little less volatile.

4. luke4

luke4 crocon

they have more than one size. i believe there are three sizes i just buy the regular ones though. i use them for everything because the tip is small. i use varsol because im not spenting $5 on something i can get for $4 and get a lot more of. my friend showed me it and im glad i can help.

5. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

i have been buying the cheap walmart brushes with purple stems, but i do have a couple of expensive detail brushes i use. i mainly use the walmart brushes for broad areas

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm in this camp. I'm also still using brushes I bought when I made my first custom. I did buy some new brushes this past summer.

The main rule to brushes is keeping them maintained well. After each use, clean em out really well. Use hot water and soap to do this, and for the most part you'll be fine.

Thanks for sharing, Tony :thumb