All my Constructicons are different shades of green

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, May 25, 2010.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

So yeah, I'm buying G1 Devastator in pieces, more fun for me, but it means they're all coming from different sets and some are different shades of that classic green.

Is this a well known or common thing among the G1 builders? Funnily enough my Long Haul is the only one with a Japan date stamp and has the best colours. The others are China or just Hasbro 80, 84 and are all varying shades. I thought at first some might be knock offs, but I've looked around and from what I can tell they're the real deal.

I'm not worried or anything, just wanting to see if this is a common thing.

2. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Are they loose? Maybe the different shades are from different levels of light exposure or how they were stored over the years. I have all of the G1 Constructicons from when I was a kid still and they're pretty much the same shade.

3. Phoenix Blaze

Yes, loose. I figured it'd be more fun (and it has been) to buy them over time individually rather than drop £70 or so on a full Devs. It's been immensly rewarding so far and I think I'll be doing the same for other gestalts.

I think it might also be due to different plastics. Long Haul seems to be made of a harder plastic than say, mixmaster. And mixmaster's drum barrel is also a different shade from his body.

4. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    If you have G1 Constructicons marked "China" you have knock-offs. The originals should all have "JAPAN" marked on them, since they were manufactured there. The late 80's/early 90's reissues will have "JAPAN" blocked out (and still mention Hasbro), but will not mention China anywhere. The newer higher quality Zhong Jin Chinese KOs use a mix of Constructicon molds from those 2 releases, but still do not have a China stamp. Constructicons have seen a lot of KO releases over the years, usually of cheaper materials, so it's quite likely that's what you have.

5. Phoenix Blaze

Had a wee look, Long Haul is Japan, the others are blocked out. So that's good, no knock offs.

Don't the higher KOs still have no chrome? I thought that was their defining feature.

6. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    Nope, they have chrome. In fact on some of them it's too thick, making transformation difficult. The newer, cheaper KOs by Kiddi Toys, for example, might not have chrome though.

I forgot to mention the Euro Classics G1 figures, share the blocked out manufacturing location since they were apparently made at the same place & time as the authentic Chinese reissues.

7. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

blocked usually means chinese edition(they are still legitimate, unlike the KO ) The quality difference is very noticeable if you comparing them to the "made in japan" one.
    For the constructicons, the chinese edition's plastic quality is inferior, and the detail is not as sharp as the Japan one.

8. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A couple of my KO Constructicons figures has two different shades of green, Bonecrusher and Scrapper. But it really doesn't bother me.

9. Toa Shockimus

Toa Shockimus Gundam/TF/Bionicle fan.

Maybe some yellowing on the plastics?

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe the colour mixes for the plastic were off.