Minor/Repaint: All (Movie) Jazzed Up!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mampy, Apr 29, 2008.

1. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Hey guys!

Here is my repainted Movie Jazz... Finally complete!

Jazz was primed with automotive primer and basecoated with black automotive paint. The main silver/gray color of the car is "burning platinum", from automotive paint brand DoIt (made in Spain). The silver/gray robot parts (head, thighs, shinguards) are painted in a mix of Tamiya acrylic gunmetal and metallic gray. Drybrushing was done with Tamiya chrome silver to give more depth and a worn-out look to the robot parts. I also added details in copper, red, and clear yellow/gold.

While taking pictures, I noticed that I forgot the yellow/orange turn signal lights on top of the front tires. There are some other things that I can improve on, such as the paint apps on the head/taillights. Nevertheless, I'm very proud of this custom, as I think that I was able to turn a really crappy (to me at first) figure into something cool.

Thanks for looking! I hope you like it!

Alt mode:
    [att]5525[/att]

Bot mode:
    [att]5528[/att]

Check out the rest of my attachments. There are more pictures of this and my other customs at my flickr webpage...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/22265209@N03/

Attached Files:

2. Bumblebee2008

Bumblebee2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is totally awesome!! Fantastic paint job! Especially on the bot mode!!! Very nicely done!!

3. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Yup, nice work. One of the better Movie molds, and made better by your repaint, good stuff!

4. mampy

News Credits:
    Thanks!

I personally don't like the mold so much... with the lack of articulation in the knees and arms, and the "fat" look which isn't so movie accurate.

But hey, to each his own. :)  I'm glad you like my repaint :) 

5. iDarkDesign

iDarkDesign Rodeo Lawyer

News Credits:
    Nice repaint! It's hard to justify automotive paint on a scale model. The metallic flakes just seem so large.

iDD

6. mampy

News Credits:
    Thanks!

I agree, the metallic flakes are a bit too big. But in person, FYI, the flakes are not that noticeable unless you look really close. The pictures and lighting exaggerate the flaky effect a little bit.

7. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    I'm with you on the articulation, it is pretty poor (a problem I have with many TFs tbh, I'm really fussy about them having decent joints n lots of em); but I didn't think it was so far off his design, compared with some of the Movie TFs! Still, as you say, each to his own, etc etc :)  You should have a go at some of the other Movie toys if you've got em, they all seem to look ten times better for having a decent repaint!

8. mampy

News Credits:
    Yeah, I do think that the detail on the movie pics are great, but the paint jobs are not able to show them off.

I have posted an almost complete line of repainted movie autobots (except ratchet, which i will work on next) on this site. :) 

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Beautiful!! Gotta give him an Autobot symbol, though. Top notch, bud.

10. mampy

News Credits:
    Thanks! I do want to. Unfortunately, access to reprolabels in my country is rather limited and expensive.