All Hail Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grandus Prime, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Grandus Prime

Grandus Prime Well-Known Member

I was skimming through a couple of the TPB's and came across an Autobot I hadn't seen before. He seemed to some kind of big armored tank/transport and was with Kup's group. The thing that stood out was, he was a lot taller than Optimus but he had to be the widest in relation to height transformer I have seen. He seemed about 4 times wider/bulkier than Optimus. I had never seen him before.

Who was this? What's his story?

2. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Grandus?

3. Grandus Prime

I don't think? He was with Kup, is there a Wrecker that fits that description? He made me think of Grandus as this guy would make Sludge seem svelte.

4. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    Roadbuster i do believe.

5. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Orange and green, right? Roadbuster. Dude's massive.

6. Grandus Prime

Yeah, that's the one. I loved the picture of Kup leading his group down a corridor and Roadbuster is in the rear scraping the sides.

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
  8. Grandus Prime

9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Roadbuster indeed. They never did explain how he went from being slightly taller than the average bot in the 'ation' series to a brick shithouse in all hail megs. Not that I'm complaining. He looked badass.

10. Grandus Prime

I hope the keep him the way he looks in All Hail Megatron. He looked way cool.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

It was All Hail Megatron, a LOT of things happened without a whole lot of explaination. That very scene where Roadbuster is hitting the celing? Kup isn't supposed to be there. Last time he was in the story he'd gone beyond batshit crazy, to the point where his mental facilities were beyond saving. It wasn't until Nick Roche (I think) managed to brilliantly retcon a rebuild of Kup later on in a flashback, using Pretender tech and a mental stabilizer with the Cy-Gar, was there any explaination to how Kup went from the textbook definition of murderous crazed old guy to badass A-Team Haniball stand-in.

12. Grandus Prime

Where does the Drift Spotlight fit in? I saw Roadbuster with same massive build. I think it was him anyway as I just skimmed the trade it was in. I think I am going to have to purchase a couple now.

13. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Save your money. There's gonna be a hardcover "complete" AHM collection coming out very soon. The 12 issues of the main series, the 4-issue "coda" that wraps up (some) of the plotholes, and the 5 spotlights that were released at the time (though only Drift and Jazz were direct tie-ins)

14. Grandus Prime

Thanks for the info.

15. Autobot Burnout

The time isn't specifed, but it happens sometime before Kup's Wreckers meet up with Springer's group, since Kup was around to invite Drift to the team at the end of that Spotlight.

A throwaway line spoken by Perceptor also makes Spotlight:Kup cannon, putting it as occuring even earlier in the (jumbled) IDW timeline.

16. Sentinel Prime1

Sentinel Prime1 Active Member

Where can you find the IDW timeline?

17. Autobot Burnout

Everything IDW has put into a TF comic is part of a large, overarching continuity told from various viewpoints. Example: there's an early scene from Spotlight: Optimus Prime where the titular character is sitting in a chair and viewing multiple transmissions simultaneously. One of the transmissions is Ultra Magnus reporting in about catching Swindle (end of Spotlight: UM) and another is a distress call from Wheelie (I think early on in Spotlight:Wheelie).

I'm sure there's an outline of the whole thing somewhere, problably TFWiki.

18. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I hadn't read a single IDW comic when I decided to start from the beginning and read everything. I used this tfwiki page (look under the "media" section) to really help clarify things for me while sending me in the right direction. It's not perfect, but it has worked for me and I'm up to the 7th issue of All Hail Megatron.

Also, this thread is great to reference because it gives you the order of books to read. I didn't follow it exactly, but in retrospect you should definitely follow this order.