All hail megatron collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by untitledblinkfa, Aug 11, 2011.

1. untitledblinkfa

untitledblinkfa Well-Known Member

There's a new hardback ahm collection that's out nOw for 45 bucks. Includes the whole series. Worth it? I've heard differing opinions on ahm but have never read any of the idw cOmics

2. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AHM isn't my favorite from IDW, but it's good. Not sure if I'd start there. Maybe pick up a Spotlight to see if you like the IDW style first. For around $30 you can get a reprint of the IDW Collection Volume 1, and start at the beginning, including several of the Spolight issues.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a decent enough read, but not really the "beginning" of the saga. Having said that, I've heard from quite a lot of people who started with AHM and thought it was great. Great artwork at least.

The new HC edition really does look very nice, so - if you were only looking to "dip your toes" into the comic universe and this might end up being your only purchase - I say go for it. If nothing else, it'll look pretty on your shelf!

4. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FYI, there are four IDW Collection volumes until AHM which will be included in Volume 5 as well as the stand-alone you're talking about.

5. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    I'd actually recommend it ~ my only gripe with it is the cover gallery isn't full page (they squeeze 4 on every page): I really wanted nice big versions of those astounding Hutch covers. (you really couldn't squeeze another 20 or so pages into your $75 hardcover IDW?)