All Hail Megatron #7 Discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Foster, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Summing up, not really spoilery:

--Lots of flashbacks without time or place indicated.
    --Some type of Alternator Jhiaxus wannabe showed up, don't know who he was.
    --F-22 seekers?! Oh, wait, now they're Masterpiece molds again.
    --Sibling spats abound on both sides, Sunstreaker sticks his fingers in his ears and goes lalalalala!!

This exposition is about four issues too late and really reveals nothing, except Mirage is who Ironhide and Sunstreaker suspect betrayed the Autobots. We learned that back when leaves were on the trees though.

Pros: Best one-page panel of Prime-ownage EVER. And Prime STILL saved the day. That much I liked.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    The Decepticon scientist was Deluge.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    G2 characters only show up to die. Being that this is Deluge, a white and blue Formula One race car, I'm betting he impersonated Mirage somehow, pulled some super-science out of his butt. Too bad Mirage does exactly zero to clear his name.

4. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Managed to read the latest issue, and it's really a mixed bag for me at this point... Finally we have some answers, but all these revelations and plotpoints came a bit too late.

One thing that bugs me is the atmosphere on Cybertron is still toxic, but not so much that they have to have shields - Couldn't they have portrayed this better before? Just seems to me it's been added in there too neatly for my liking.... The revelation about The Swarm and The Insecticons?Why hasn't their origins been foreshadowed more? They've barely been mentioned in the other six issues... The interaction between Sunstreaker and Sideswipe seemed too forced to me, especially on trying to tie in Maximum Dinobots...And Deluge? Really?

But it's not all bad... The backstory of the Autobot's downfall - As late as it was coming - was brilliantly told in my opinion. Having Su do the artwork for those scene was really nice as well, and didn't interfere with Guidi's art. And the last scene where Ironhide beats the living scrap out of Mirage was shocking - Watching Prime sacrifice himself seems to have made the ol' 'bot snap, and I cannot wait to see the fallout of this next issue.

Some good dialogue and fantastic art, but the forced story makes it a bittersweet issue.

5. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    I don't see what's wrong with Deluge. He's an ACTUAL Decepticon Scientist, and fits the role needed. We've known he was going to be in this issue for going on a week now since the 5-page preview.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I don't read the online previews anymore. These books are short on plot enough as is without having read half of it online the week before.

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy Spit! The traitor has been revealed and it's bloody brilliant. I wouldn't have guessed it before, but now it makes sense.

*SPOILER ALERT*
    And the traitor is... SUNSTREAKER.

The funny thing is that it works. He was held prisioner by Scorponok so he could have been reprogramed. Or even better, the head that they thought was his was another one of the Headmasters under Decepticon control. It looks like we may have to bring back Hunter to get the old Sunstreaker back.

I'm sure some will hate this idea as Mirage is an easy Autobot to blame, but I think it works out well and fits in with what Furman has done before.

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Mirage is TOO easy to blame. That's how I'm sure it wasn't him. Good work Hiro!

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Why couldn't thins have been AHM #1 or maybe 2?

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I rather enjoyed this issue, mostly because of the flashbacks. I thought we'd finally get some explanation of the Seekers switching to their Masterpiece designs, but that didn't happen. And I think Devastator is way too big!

11. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Decent issue.
    I wish that the flashbacks had some text indicating they were flashbacks. I got lost for second when I saw the F-22 designs.

Way obvious that the traitor is now Sunstreaker. Hopefully we'll find out what happened to Hunter soon.

12. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've always wondered why some characters are drawn exactly like their Classics versions but others not.

13. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Guidi already said that Hasbro made that call, which is why some characters are now "classics-ized" and others are not.

14. Razerwire

News Credits:
    I guess then my question evolves to why Hasbro doesn't want some characters Classics-ized then. Like Mirage, Ironhide, and Bumblebee. I noticed that they drew Hound in Classics form this time around.

15. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Well, Mirage and Bumblebee Classics aren't on the shelf anymore. Ironhide is anybody's guess. Maybe because his design wasn't finalized by the time AHM got rolling. Sideswipe was already able to be drawn from because you had the Sunstreaker toy in the first wave.

16. Razerwire

News Credits:
    Prowl too. He's not on the shelves anymore but the comics still retain the Classics version. And Jetfire too.

I dunno. Kinda wished they did Classics versions on all the characters that have them.

17. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

My guess is that they will slowly switch more of them over, as they get damaged from battle, or say, infighting? I won't be supprised if Mirage needs to "reformat" after Ironhide went at him.

What I do like about all this, though, is that I can replicate some of these battle scenes with my toys, as they seem to be about the same scale as in the comic (i.e. MP Seeker to Universe Deluxe Autobots seems to be about the right size difference).

18. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Prowl was on shelves when the series hit along with Sunstreaker, the design was finished. Even then, the Prowl figure we got was already somewhat based off of EJ's design.

Jetfire was given that design when his figure was new back during Stormbringer, Don said he thought it looked cool or w/e and decided to use it.

19. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I am loving AHM but this issue was a little slow for me. Up until this issue I've enjoyed it more than any other "event" book I've read lately (Civil War, Secret Invasion, World War Hulk, etc.)

I know that there is a lot of hate for any particular Transformer story line from any given group of people. But I have to say I'm surprised at the hate I've seen this story get. I've been continually blown away by the story (except for this issue).

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    After that beating Mirage got?

I think he's dead.

I think Ironhide just killed Mirage, going off everybody's reaction.