All Hail Megatron #6 Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Chrono Grimlock, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Comic Book Resources > Preview: The Transformers: All Hail Megatron #6

Do we even make threads for this anymore? Is this even news? *sobs*

Anyway, as per usual, art looks great!

*cricket*

*EDIT*

No idea how I missed it, but in the dialogue it's stated Megatron has killed TWO Primes?! Well, he didn't kill Sentinel Prime in IDW's continuity but he did in the DW stuff. Glaring omission? Laziness? Poor Writing? Whiny Fanboys? IT COULD BE ANYTHING!

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Loscos

Loscos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I swear I recall a scene in Megatron Origins where Megatron kills or practically kills Sentinel.

Might be wrong.

>_>

Edit:That said, MO might not be canon now, though if it is, the other Prime could easily be the one that was shown in Spotilight Blurr, infact it was the first one I thought of when I read it in the preview.

Also of note, I can see the Decpeticons finally starting to unravel, and possibly plotlines created!

3. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Oh, he "practically" kills him but I recall the writer of said stating Sentinel didn't die on the IDW boards.

4. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Definitely sounds like Sentinel and Zeta.

In Megatron Origins, Sentinel Prime is beaten badly, but is still alive at the end. In the original DW War Within, it was shown Megatron killed Sentinel Prime off.

5. Loscos

Loscos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Really? I never heard that, the way it looks in the comic though is that he's just a bit dead. Even though, from a tyrannical "i'm ruling the universe" character, labelling someone you fought as dead when they were practically dead, is not something anyone would really argue with.

At least Optimus hasnt kicked it......yet!

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    If there's one thing I do like about AHM, it's Kup. I don't like much else about it, but they way he's written is great.

7. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even if Megatron didn't kill Sentinel Prime in Megatron: Origins, Sentinel had to have died at some point between then and now, so perhaps Megatron killed him later.

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Maybe in 20 years we'll see the (short-lived) exploits of the mysterious Zeta Prime. After all, we never really saw much of G1 Sentinel Prime (or a version of him) until Megatron Origin :D 

9. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

So Skywarp is a sadist killer. I wonder how they will write Thundercracker.

10. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting to see where this is going... They finally seem to be getting at what all this is gonig to be about in the long run.

Love the banter between Megs and Starscream, this is how it should be between them; their differences were so much better when it was difference of opinion as opposed to "Bwahahah, I'm gonna usurp you Megatron and I'm not afraid to say it to your face!" but I'm a little wary of where all this stuff about Jazz is coming from, it seems really sudden to me; Hardhead's leadup to his character was a lot better IMHO, but I'm willing to go with it.

And yeah, Kupp is defiantely talking about Sentinel and Zeta... Even if he wasn't killed at the end of Origin, Sentinel had to bite the bullet at some point.

EDIT: Looks like we'll be seeing the Insecticons in action too, if my judgement of the cover is correct! ^^

11. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

so what is Kup chewing on? his "cyber-cigar"?

and I'm loving all hail megatron, that whole "infiltration-devastation" bit was an absolutle mess

12. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yep - Kup has a cigar.

And by the way - over on From the Tip (Denton J Tipton's blog) he's got art from page 1 of AHM up. Seems that EJ's doing some art for the book - and what I'm guessing is "The Swarm" is not at all what anyone was expecting (it doesn't look like an Insecticon horde OR the G2 Swarm)

13. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...and I thought I'd given up on AHM.

14. prowlstreak

prowlstreak Active Member

what bot is on the cover?

15. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Drift. He's a new IDW character who's supposed to get a toy from what IDW said, but no confirmation from Hasbro as far as I know.

I actually am starting to think Drift is the spy. Kup referenced some one feeding Megs codes, which is his reason why their ship's shields went offline but if it was an inside man, actually aboard the ship (Drift) it would make sense too.

16. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Y'know I think there's more interesting content in those 5 pages than in the rest of the run so far. Finally looks like the plot is going somewhere. Only the last issue saved this series for me, and if this next issue can build on it, AHM may come back from the dead.

Oh, and if the traitor is Drift, that's a cop-out in my opinion. Where's the shock value in being betrayed by someone you've never heard of?

And Sentinel wasn't dead at the end of MO? Sure looked dead to me - in fact I thought the whole point of that issue was that Megatron proved the worth of his cause by offing a Prime. Leaving a mutilated corpse of the Autobot figurehead should have inspired dread in the Autobots and inspiration for his followers, and was probably the single decent thing about that mini-series. If that didn't even happen then it makes MO the single worst mini-series since DW's crap Micromaster comics.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    this.

and its an overused cliche in Transformers to suspect Mirage as the traitor.

18. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    haha, yes it is! this look s great and i can't wait to read the rest!!

19. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I find it interesting that they keep flushing drift down our throats by putting him on the front Covers and he has yet to have any real purpose at all. He was in like what 2 panels and he still has yet to say a word, how is he getting a Spotlight? why is he on the cover of issue 6 at all? none of this makes any sense. Why didn't the other Autobots approach him and ask who the hell he is? why didn't Kup say who he is and introduce him as Drift? it made me mad last issue that he was just there and nobody bothered to say one thing to him, not even Ironhide, jazz or prowl.

On another note: The conversation between megs and screamer is a nice touch, it just may keep my interest enough to see where it leads, I'm glad to se Screamer in this way it shows that he's concerned, worried and in deep contemplation about why Megatron invaded Earth to begin with, he's discovered it was all just merely a Front hiding Megatron's true Agenda.

And Bombshell seems to have figured out something too. it's about time all the characters start getting a bit more deep especially with the dialog, the writers must be up to something big. Or, maybe they are just trying to repairthe damage that happend during from that cruddy mini arc that wasted our time with the last few Spotlights especially, Spotlight: Sideswipe.

20. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or does it seem like this is going to end with little effort from the Autobots & the 'cons will end up beating each other up? Still, can't wait to read more.