All Hail Megatron #15

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by UltraMagnus3786, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

If only he could have written all of AHM.

2. libeskind

libeskind Well-Known Member

Great effort if a bit too wordy. It's hard to find fault because we hardly get anything this ambitious in TF comics but I can see in some places where Roche was struggling to cram exposition, you get the feeling he was going, argh! they should have given me a full issue. This is noticeable especially where Prowl's inner thoughts interject his own conversation in the same panel. I mean, I can read it, but it really breaks the flow of the story telling. For instance, in some instances theres 4-5 speech bubbles with 2 people including internal monologue by one of the guy in ONE panel in a 4-6 panel layout.

Nevertheless its been very impressive how much Roche has shown us in just 2 issues. While the Kup Spotlight was plot/character driven, Prowl's has wider scope and focuses on themes rarely touched within TF lore (albeit common in general scifi). In just an issue, he touches on dynamics of warfare as affected by participants (contrasting Decepticons oneness with how the Autobots will always be impaired by their virtues), its moral and ethics (Prowls deceptive manipulation) and lastly the divergent extremes of those affecting the war and how they in turn are affected (comparison of follower/leader roles between Prowl and Kup)...hang on, not even an issue. HALF an issue. It'd have been so easy for Roche to stumble spectacularly but this guy has panache. In spades.

3. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

well said my friend, well said

4. libeskind

libeskind Well-Known Member

Oh, regarding the 2nd story 'Lost & Found'? "Perceptor, calculate the success probability ofSHUT UP MAGNUS I'M A SNIPER NOW!" :lol 

5. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Finally picked this up and...damn. Roche is a genius. As much as I loved AHM, Kup's sudden return to health really did annoy the hell out of me...but this works perfectly. Seriously, it just slips in so seamlessly, you'd think it was the plan from the start, and as others have said, makes me want to go back and re-read to try and figure out how much is Kup...and how much is Prowl speaking through Kup. Excellent work.

I'll agree that the Perceptor story isn't as good, but I still enjoyed it. Loved the art.