All Hail Megatron 13 Preview.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Dys, Jul 16, 2009.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    I know I would be in the minority here, but I like Prime without the face plate!! Yeah, ok call me crazy :crazy: ( and I know some of you will) but it used to bug me in the G1 series that he was one of the few bots without lips. Yep, I'm a lip gal, but I would like it better without all the lines that do look like wrinkles, yeah, we know they are millions of years old, but unlike us they don't show it! Lucky them!:wink: 
    Someone asked the question when we will see TPB 2?? I'm wondering the same as I wait for those instead of buying individual comics for the most part.
    I looked on IDW's website and didn't see anything about TPB2, so unless someone else has heard a release date, and would like to post it here, it may be awhile. Hopefully IDW will send a newsletter with the info soon.:D 

2. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    I'm not too keen on the movie-style faces. Just doesn't look right to me. Hopefully, like others have said, it's just the art style for this one issue and it won't continue.

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Not all of us see the need in making Optimus look kissable. ;) 

I think the answer is obvious... to have the character look more animated and dynamic when speaking. For the same reason that Wheeljack and Shockwave had flashing lights when they spoke.

Personally I'm all for the perma-mask. Prime doesn't need the mouth. In fact, it upsets his iconic value to do so, since there is a primal appeal to masked characters, especially those that represent a paragon ideal. It separates them from the rest of us, but also makes them more iconic.

Not that in BW and TFA, Optimus was given a mouth to coincide with his younger, more flawed, questioning nature. G1 Prime is an absolute... a father-figure of sorts, and the anonymity his mask allows makes him more universal.

That's my feeling at least.

zmog

4. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

The mouth works on movie Prime. It doesn't work on G1 Prime. But hey, atleast we know he has a face under that faceplate.

ANd it could worse. He could have Masterpiece Prime's mouth.

SHudders

MTL

5. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God D*MN you, sir. And Fosterlager for laughing at it. And movie notwithstanding, isn't a Prime with a mouth technically Ultra Magnus?

Uhh... Pat Lee?