All Botcon Exclusives Sold Out!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 5, 2011.

1. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. Doesn't make you sound any less aggressive.

2. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    answer is right in the post...negative or not.

And if you were to goto the FP site and check the bagged 2005 botcon set the same text is there...so there is your answer...lazy FP employee using copy and paste too much.

3. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Chill out guys.

4. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We go through this complaining every year. If it was new people who dont know its okay but repeat complainers . . .

For the new guys.

Q. Why cant the club hold these items for non attendees. Members should have benefits.
    A. This is what the club does for its iacon package boxset.

Q. Why doesnt the club limit the purchase.
    A. The club did for thursday. And once per line friday. Sure you could get back in line but since none of the sets sold out until sunday so the policy is okay. The clubs biggest priority is not having to ship these items back to texas and holding inventory. People think that more would make it back to the storeif there was a limit but in actually that practice would force the club to make less.

Q. What does the must buy a box set to buy loose set policy mean
    A. The boxset is the clubs main botcon product. The looseset are meant to be a way for people to keep one set mint and play or display the second set. The club will not sell them separate because they do not want the looseset to competet with the boxset. The club keeps track of who has ordered a boxset only and those are who can order the loosset. When the club ended up selling the 2005 set for $190 they still honored the $150 price for previous boxset buyers.

5. highrise

highrise ZombieApocalypse Survivor

Not completely off topic here, but if anyone is interested in purchasing the Custom class figure from 2006 (it was a Cybertron Scrapmetal), I have one unassembled, still on the sprues, and in the bag I would like to sell. PM me with any offers.

6. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So glad I spent the weekend wheeling and dealing to get most of these at cost. The only ones I paid more than cost for was a bagged set of Stunticons, but not by a whole heap I guess. I just need to find a Fisitron, but he was gonna be a bit pricey anyway.

7. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

You do realize that Pete from FP posts here quite a bit right? It's not beyond possibility that someone who knew the answer to his question could have read it and answered it, without the benefit of your rude remarks.

8. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree completely. I hate seeing people complain about not getting them at cost when I registered for the convention, bought airline tickets, rented a car, and booked a hotel for 3 nights. Then I went and stood in line for three hours to pick up my exclusives and buy the add on sets. Meanwhile someone sits on their couch and says boohoo I can't buy them at cost. If you want them for cost have a friend pick them up for you, or go to Botcon.

They aren't club exclusives. They're Botcon exclusives. They are exclusives for the people who go to the convention.

9. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    People conveniently forget about the costs associated with a trip like this: Hotel, car rental, plane tickets...etc, etc, etc...

Buying up Botcon exclusives is not like walking into a Toys'r'us and snagging the good stuff.

10. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    There were limits on Friday as well...Sat and Sun were no limits as far as I know.

11. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, they had 1 package limit for Thurs and Friday but this year they didn't mark your badge if you already bought a set that day. So technically, you could have gone back in wait in that insane line on Thurs & Fri. On Sat & Sun during general admission, the form still said 1 limit but the lady at the table straight up asked me if I wanted more then one as there's no more limits as all primus people had a chance to snag their sets.

More likely that person just went in on Sat and bought a crap load as they lifted the limit rule and Primus people had a 1.5 hr head start on general admission to line up and grab a set. And I guessing that FB lifts the limit on the weekend as the their bottom line is to move stock. So they limit on the first two nights to please the fans that have come to botcon. But once they had a chance to buy, their focus shifts to sales and secondly, I don't think they want to haul crates of unsold toys stock back to Texas because of a 1 item limit just to resell them online in the club store. Just like a lot of sellers at Botcon, on the last day you can someone score some good deals as sellers don't want to move stock back home that they brought to the 'Con to sell. At the end of the day, FB is a company and sales and profit DOES matter. Their model works for them and they make their money. Even with the cost of the packages going up and them making more this year, it still sold out. It could be due to animated being popular or it could be resellers buying up the stock. Regardless, what the case may be, to FB a sale is a sale and they don't care why that person bought the toys.

12. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Botcon S_T_A_F_F

News Credits:
    I was told by fun pub u can get one full set per day so if u where there thurs threw sun u could get up to for sets

13. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

yup, cash now is better than cash later, for equal amount of cash. fp as a business took the risk of items not selling when they paid the factories, so their goal is sell out all their stocks asap at a comfortable profit they know the botcon attendees are willing to pay so they can use that cash to start the process for next con.

the risk is shifted to resellers who may or may not sell at the markups they wanted, except as resellers the worst it'll happen is sitting on the high mark up items for a year or two before finally selling it. same thing can't be said about fp because of the creative processes necessary to make the next botcon is pretty much just money drain all the way until they start taking orders for the next botcon/club exclusives, i mean sure they sell stuffs on their website but it's pretty much just trickles compared to the influx of cash for botcon/exclusives.

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    One thing to keep in mind, people... Botcon makes extra sets in case there's defective/broken figures that need replacing at the convention.

Once enough time passes, it's entirely possible they'll have a warehouse sale where they're able to put some more stuff up to sell. Heck - the 2010 set was sold out, and earlier this year a few cropped up on the online store due to a warehouse find.

This could take a long time though, I will acknowledge. Just saying is all.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS has them all for Pre order. They are marked up but are pretty on par with ebay.

16. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I understand that some people might want to pick up a second set for display, and even a couple of recoup some of the cost of travel, hotel, etc. I paid markup on the sets that I want as its a hell of a lot cheaper than flying from the UK.

But, I would love to see how any could justify this kind of thing:

For sale:
    almar ent | eBay

Sold:
    almar ent | eBay

:scalper 

17. NeedMoreBeer

NeedMoreBeer Well-Known Member

Almar_ent just made some loot!

18. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Wow. That's a bit ridiculous.

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And he had to spend about $10,000 to obtain those toys.

20. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Yikes, yea the only one I was really interested in was Fisitron, and I don't mind paying that price at BBTS, because I couldn't afford to actually go. It's actually less than the cost it would have been to me to go there myself.