Minor/Repaint: All 5 Stunticons Done (includes something new for Deadend)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Lucs, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    I've been working on getting these guys just right for a while now, which some of you know already. By now if you've been watching my customs you'll know that I go for the least amount of paint possible to create somewhat G1 esque color schemes and heads to match. I'm pretty excited about how these guys came out. I still need to get license plates for 4/5 of them. I hope you all enjoy them!

First I'll show my take at Dragstrip. He's a Decepticharge body with no extra paint added. He's got a repro gun barrel painted turquoise. A Rollbar head with added paint, which I chose not to add any orange too because I felt that it just didn't fit well enough with the other colors and hey they don't have to be exactly G1ified to me

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next is Deadend. He's made from Rumble, Skids arms and Nemesis Prime's head. I used Clay's arm mod video to achieve these results. (Thanks seali_me for helping me find it) I added some purple paint and modded the chest do to some advice from antapp and SQ7. I've attached the guns to his arms via silly putty for the time being but I'm working on a better solution (EDIT* I found the solution check below), cuz they have to be removable. As far as the Skids arms I stripped the paint from, I think I'm gonna paint them flat black cuz I couldn't get all the red off

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The third finished Stunticon I have is Wildrider. The base is from a KO dark grey Sideswipe with flames I got from MAZ. I modified the head to resemble the anime version by dremeling down a few spots and adding some side pipe things. I also swapped out the Hasbro version of Deadend's red arms with the KO's grey arms so they would be more cartoony without having to add too much paint (SPOILER *check out where the grey arms went here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=161708).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is the easiest one I did, which was Breakdown. I just used an extra Wheeljack base and a Skids head with some paint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lastly we have Motormaster. The base is a Nemesis Prime. I used a set of reprolabels from dec0y13, a head from the white KO Hound I bought from MAZ and I added some paint here and there to brind it all together.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great work, and very nice to see the use of some different molds for the set. Did you do anything to the alt modes of Drag and Deadend?

3. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    SWEET,
    Deadend looks Badass.
    Hell they all look great.
    :thumb 

4. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I like them all....but I'm really diggin Deadend....

tell me...was the arm mod as easy as Clay made it look?.....I plan on doing the same if I ever get some Skids arms....

5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    No the alt modes are the same hence the no pics of them. Thanks for asking though. One day I'll do group car shots and bot shots

Yeah it was super easy. You don't even have to take out the pins like he says to, although it would have helped. I've just never removed pins before and cutting all the way up to the pin works fine. Go for it, all you need is a dremel and a lot of luck (sorry I couldn't resist, you don't actually need that much luck)

6. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

DAMN! i love the colour scheme on dragstrip. the stunt heads are awesome. great job! i wish i have five. :( 

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    now the trick will be turning them into a combiner

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    These ALL look great man! NICE work :thumb 

9. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

Love the Dead End. Even though he's the most underpowered car of the bunch, his upper torso gives him an asskicker vibe.

10. clay

clay Well-Known Member

The Dead End is funky. I like it!

I'm planning on making a Ram tutorial (and some others) over the weekend if you're aiming to heighten Motormaster. I would have done it today but I was just too tired.

11. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

motormaster is tough I love it

12. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the props guys. I'm glad everyone is digging Deadend. I just finished drilling small holes in his forarms so the engine guns will fit in snuggly and still be removed for transformation. Here's a few pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Fantastic work! Deadend is killer!

14. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Thanks a ton man, keep tuned in cuz there's more alts on my to do list, a new camera so I can take better pics and I'll post my entire collection pretty soon too