Aligned Moon Wreckers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Mar 26, 2012.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Last night I was thinking about the last TFP episode and it eventually led me to think up this idea. What if Matt Teiger and the other TF dudes at High Moon Studios developed a small TF game as a side project.

It would be about Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus and the other Wreckers. The Aligned novels have several Cybertronians remain on Cybertron after the great exodus, including Wreckers. I think it would be cool if HMS used something like that as the setting of a side project game.

I just think it would be cool to have a game all about the Wreckers. And I can think of ways that this could be more than just cashing in on the (hopefully going to exits) success of FOC. Life on Cybertron after most the people leave hasn't really been explored in TF and this would be a chance to tell that story. Also, as this would be a side project and not one of the main games, they could use it to experiment with things they think would be too risky in their main ones.

So what do you think about this idea. And I know most of you will have many reasons why this wouldn't be possible so if you post those reasons, please post something positive as well. Maybe Hypothetically.

2. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i for one love the idea. the only setback i see is that it would be a side game. and even though this isn't Bungie we're talkin about, side games don't usually go too well. but i think the wreckers totally deserve some recognition

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I had a similar thought-though the game itself would be a re-telling of what happened on Garrus-9 in the version i thought of yesterday. Could make for a cool game-maybe even split it-half taking the Prison, half taking it back

Though seeing what happened on Cybertron after everyone left would be pretty fricken sweet.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I originally thought about during the war but then I thought that it might confuse some people as the main games had the war for Cybertron over. That's what led me to think up the post exodus idea.

5. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I would definitely love a game about the Wreckers after the Ark left, how they took on Shockwave and his machinations until they spread to the stars. We could see the deaths of Impactor, Pyro, Roadbuster and Rotorstorm potentially. It could deal with them and the Dinobots, as well as protecting Alpha Trion; possibly taking on Devastator units.

6. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    As DLC, yes. A separate game would fail, horribly.

7. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I think we may be getting it IN Fall of Cybertron.

Just some hopes of mine if it happens:
    Do a scene-for-scene recreation of Pyro's death
    Have Rotorstorm's cocky attitude get him killed
    Have Roadbuster go up like an ammo dump
    Have Impactor die but accomplish the mission objective

Also, have all Wreckers previously listed appear.