Aliens: Colonial Marines

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by eyeballkid, Oct 3, 2008.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

There has been little to no info about this game, but I have been anticipating this game for years. Anybody else? I think it is being developed for both the Xbox360 and PS3. I think it comes out in March 2009.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any info on this game will be blissful. I have been waiting for a good Aliens game since Aliens Trilogy on PS1 and Aliens Vs. Predator on PC

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

You forgot to mention Aliens Vs Predator 2!!! :D 

I wasnt interested in this, but I admit it was for unfair reasons. The whole AvP variatey spoiled me and I didnt care. Any particular feature this game is focusing on? Like, is it a squad based game, and is there more than just fighting xenomorphs (you're marines afterall, not just bug killers)?

4. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    From what I hear, this game will have NO heads up display like the old AvP games. So, you want your motion tracker, sling your rifle, get it out and produce your pistol. Wanna know how much ammo is left in the magazine of your pulse rifle, check the ammo counter on the side.

Man, those two points alone just reek of AWESOME.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would rather hunt Xenomorphs in a well-made aliens game with 4-8 player coop than any alien in Gears, Halo, Resistance, Killzone etc. And well I should, they started the colonial marines. Well technically Starship troopers did, but Cameron's Aliens made Master Chef possible, in a way.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

From the little bits I've read it sounds pretty cool. It's weird how little info has come out for this.

7. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I CANNOT wait for this game. Sounds awesome for the little bit of info we have on it. I love the no HUD aspect as well. It's been coming for a while now(started development on the PS2 and Xbox IIRC, then was canned and shifted to the 360) and I hope its great.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, little info, but there was that exclusive Game Informer with a lot of amazing images and some info. Maybe they don't want to mix it up with Gears, Resistance and Killzone and rather let the hype on those die and then come in strong early next year, because honestly, so long as this game is good, I could care less about any other shooters. I want Alien screams coming from my speakers and loud pulse rifles, "MARINES, WE ARE LEAVING"

This would be the ultimate man vs aliens FPS and this generation is the gen to do it.

I wish someone would port the old PC games to Live or something. Those games were Amazing, but it's hard to find a copy.

9. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Saw an article in an old Game Informer about it. I'll get it as long as it comes out for 360.

10. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I remember reading that you could command your squad, and it takes place after Alien 3. Slight spoiler....

Your squad actually goes back into the Sulaco after Ripley is ejected. From there I dunno..