Alien races in Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Sep 20, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

There are a lot of topics about the Transformers and human characters but I don't think we have any topics dedicated to the other alien races in the various Transformers universes. They might come up every so often in conversation, mostly just the Quintessons and the Vok sense they had huge roles in G1 and BW even though they weren't really developed as characters. Well some of the Quintesson's were but the Vok was just an alien group of flying skulls that never really talked or were given individual names.

Anyway, I decided I wanted to make a topic devoted to every alien race that are not humans or giant transforming robots. I'm not saying Cybertronian because there are giant transforming robots who are not technically from Cybertron and they get talked about just as much as the actual Cybertronians do. This thread is for the other guys. There are giants who make the Transformers look tiny by comparison, there's a race of lizard people, there's whatever the heck Primacron is. Animated Swindle has made references to alien races that I don't even recognize or maybe they were just made up for Animated but I think they were all references. I know he mentioned Quintessa and the Vok but there were others I think might of been from the comics.

Personally I like the other aliens because it seems odd to me that there are so many different planets populated by robots. I would of liked to have seen more different races and only have the robots on Cybertron. So how do you feel about the aliens? Do you like any of them? Do you hate them more than humans? What are you favorite (Besides the robots of course) and least favorite aliens?

My favorite are the Quintessons because I like the origin that the Transformers were actually built by someone. I don't like the idea that they only look like robots but are actually some kind of organic life made of metal.

My least favorite... Well I don't really have a least favorite. Obviously sense I'm making this thread I like the idea of other aliens existing in Transformers.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I quite like what idw did with that federation. I dislike them apparently all being as big as cybertronians but I like their concept.

3. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I always thought the planet of Brobdingnag in G1 was kinda fun...though I wouldn't want to be caught there. They'd probably think I was the start of an infestation.

Fighting Nitro's fleas might be fun...

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I typed federation into the search on TFWiki and couldn't find a page for the aliens you were talking about.

I also looked up IDW and they've made comics for several different continuities so that doesn't really help.

Check your spelling, let me know what continuity it's in, or provide a link to the wiki page for me. I'd like to see these aliens you're talking about.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I remember that at the start of Spotlight: Drift, the titular character is doing the whole "guy in a cloak" thing and talking with a non-transformer alien who doesn't know he's Cybertronian in a place full of non-cybertronians. And when the alien learns of his race, they aren't happy about it.

I thought that, while inconsequential in the long run, that was a nice touch of glimpsing what other non human, non cybertronians think of the war.

7. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    I remember that, and thought it was neat. Tho it was kinda funny seeing so many aliens the same size as Cybertronians...obviously they don't stand out due to size on other planets as much like they do on Earth. But it's not a bad thing either, as it shows that life definitely comes in all shapes and sizes.

I wish they did do more with other alien species, especially along the lines of interactions with each other. I still remember the old Animorph books and all the difference species in it and how they all interacted with each other (especially in the prequels)...be neat to have some stories similar to that. I know Cybertronians in the recent stuff (according to the books) had become a bit xenophobic and basically canned their own space travel to some degree (if I remember right, the Quintessons kinda ruined many Cybertronians' views of other species).

8. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Yeah, I kind of like more of non-robotic aliens and not too many robotic aliens (except cybertronians or from Cybertrons colony worlds).
    I don't want every other species in the universe being robotic. Keep the transformers more unique than that.

The Quintesson origin and species have always been something I appriciate too.

I like that alien named Garnac, he looks like an orc, he was sort of slow but tagged along with Hot Rod and Wheelie in the ongoing.

I also enjoyed those crabs that was wearing jeans and flying in what looked like a sailing ship trough space...
    Yeah, those guys that came up with that must have been high on something.
    It was in the comic Heart of Darkness.
    The comic was so shitty so I blanked out everything except the crabs in space, they were awesome. Actually they didn't do much but in contrast to everything else in Heart of Darkness they stood out.

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I just wish aliens were human sized mostly. Biology frowns on bipeds that big.

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Besides the Quintessons and their creations, I like a lot of the minor aliens that popped up in the G1 cartoon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    One of them appears to lose his body in the escape!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    "I have no head. I have no head. I have no head."
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I guess that asylum planet could itself be considered an alien being, too. It sure had nifty architecture.
    [​IMG]

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I just got really confused reading that. So is he a Cybertronian that doesn't know he's Cybertronian or an alien posing as a Cybertronian or what the heck? I haven't been this confused sense I saw a girl cross playing as a male character who cross dresses as a woman. Yeah that basically means a girl dressed like a girl, the whole male character dressed as a girl makes it sound way more confusing than it really is. Of course I have seen worse. A female character (Kate) cross dressing as a man (Bob) cross dressing as a woman and some how even while she's dressed as a woman when she actually is a woman people still think she's a man. 9,000 imaginary nerd points to anyone that knows who Kate/Bob is.

That's exactly why I lump all the robots in with Cybertronians when I made this thread. :) 

Can't find a wiki page for Garnac, you sure you spelled that right?

I found the crabs. They don't seem to have their own page, they're just mentioned on the page for Heart of Darkness part 3. No pictures of them. I wanted to see crabs wearing pants. :( 

Some of the ones you posted were robots but thanks for all the pictures. :) 

Now can anyone give me a picture of crabs wearing pants?

12. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This makes me wonder, were there any other alien races living on Cybertron with the Cybertronians?

13. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    The Predator (from the Fox movies) was in the Marvel UK comics, kinda (#284)

The Pz-Zazzians from the Marvel Comics series (#62), the Meccanibals and Femaxians (#52)

14. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

15. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

There's these guys. Marvel issue #76

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Anyone else having trouble with TFWiki loading really slow? It only seems to be happening there so I don't think it's my computer.

Anyway I couldn't find them by looking up the names but thanks for including the comics they appeared in, that made things easier. :) 

I found this page for Pz-Zazz. The other two are just mentioned on the comic book page that they appear in and don't appear to have a page of their own.

Thanks for the links. :)  The cabs in pants weren't quite as humorous as the picture I had for them in my head but still quite amusing. Also the art work in that was like some weird blend of G1 and Bayformers and it actually works. The designs aren't nearly as bad when they actually have some Transformers influence in them instead of looking like something from an entirely different franchise of robots.

17. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I think aliens should be in Transformers because that's what they are. If Transformers were made on earth, I wouldn't see a place for aliens unless it was a space opera like Gundam. That way, humans don't think of all aliens as robots or believe all robots are bad.

18. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Prime has some pretty interesting aliens that were seen in Predatory on Airachnid's ship.

[​IMG]

I also just remembered the Marvel Crossovers so technically the Kree, Skrulls, and symbiotes exist in the Transformers universe... or at least the G1 Transformers universe.

Oh and Galactus actually exists in the same universe with Unicron! I wander if they have an agreement worked out. Galactus gets all the organic planets, Unicron gets all the robot planets. I'd really like to see them fight each other over who gets to eat Quintessa sense the Quintessons are half organic and half mechanical.