Alien animals alt-mode ?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by sevenlima, Dec 31, 2017.

1. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Know what, i think wouldn't work well because some people will not know what kind of animal is.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  2. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Alien animal alt modes aren't used enough, in my opinion. While Hasbro hasn't really ironed out their ability to make a beast mode toy well, I do quite favor the idea of creative creatures coming from our bots. It gets dull, you know?

Also, I have always wanted Transformers to branch out and start becoming something more akin to Star Wars — showing a universe full of life and conflict beyond only the Transformers and Earth. I want to see odd aliens populating the background, interacting with the Transformers and really just general reference to things like this existing. We have Transformers which themselves are rather interesting creatures, but the world feels limited in the science fantasy department. Alien beast modes would be a great way to infer the existence of things outside Transformers and therefore expand on the mythos.

• Like Like x 2
  3. JLvatron

JLvatron Transformer

News Credits:
    I was thinking Terrorcons, too!
    And Sharkticons, ...

if you want lazy designers, go no further than Beast Wars. Not saying the toys weren't fun, but when 50% of them have Beast arm and legs become Robot arm and legs, they're walking the east street.
    Even worse was so many would have tails, or animal heads leftover and the designer would lazy it down to,

"Oh yah, that's his ...Weapon!"
    Or shield.
    Or don't even bother repurposing it, and just leave it as his hand.

The only lazier designers were the guys who made G1 Action Masters, as Transformers toys that don't Transform. :( 

• Like Like x 2
  4. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I know just the one you're talking about. Earth after humans, over the years and decades and eventually centuries. I totally want to see that giant elephantine octopus walking on land like a sauropod. I've been trying to get a copy of it for my own collection but can't seem to locate a good source.

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 5
  5. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

The term is "Panspermia" and IIRC in the early 1990's there was a meteorite excavated in antarctica that showed evidence of fossilized microorganisms.

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 3
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Oh, that would be a dream come true for me if Hasbro would push for that.
    We have a tiny bit of that in IDW with the Galactic Council and the Black Box Revelation and ROM, but we could have so much more worldbuilding.
    On the other hand we still have hundreds of Transformers characters who still have not gotten any attention because Hasbro or IDW or whoever keeps pushing the usual suspects, so character development for all of those characters takes presedence for me, but I realy want more worldbuilding too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Well... There woul be a lot of people who would be prejudiced to new Transformers with alien animal altmodes.
    But I think Titans Return showed plenty of people are willing to embrace those kinds of things if it is well executed and produces fun toys.

8. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, that elephantine octopus Was really cool.
    That's exactly the documentary I was talking about.
    I've searched for it too a couple of years back.
    I figure eventually someone will put it on youtube or something.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    This is probably the documentary you guys are looking for. It’s judt snippets from YouTube but I think the scenes are included.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Florgeysteve

Florgeysteve Well-Known Member

Sounds like the mega squid from the show the future is Wild.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yes, that's the name of the show.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Regarding the idea of the Terrorcons being alien animals. I kinda like that, would explain why I can't identify what Blot or Blight is suppose to be. The others are kinda similar to real animals though they're kinda monsterized versions of them, but Blot/Blight the nearest I can figure is that he's some kind of primate mostly because he has hands in beast mode but other than that he doesn't look anything like anything I've ever seen before.

Sharkticons kinda work too, I mean it explains why they don't look like any species of Shark known on Earth. At least G1 Sharkticons anyway, in any other series they just look like metal sharks.

There was that one episode in G1 with the Transorganics, the Quintessons first experiments with the native organic life forms before they created Transformers. Those had some pretty interesting designs and considering the Beast Machines Maximals seemed to be referencing them I'm surprised the fossils we see on Cybertron were of Earth looking animals and not these things. I don't know maybe people would of liked Beast Machines more if Nightscream and Silverbolt transformed into alien animals instead of having Earth creatures on Cybertron. Though personally I thought they looked alien anyway, they didn't really have a lot of machine parts except for Rattrap, mostly they could of easily been aliens.

The entirely organic Savage/Noble also seemed alien to me. The dragon which doesn't really exist but was made even more alien by not actually having any eyes. Then there's the fact that it can morph into a blue bipedal humanoid wolf.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Yeah, it would be fun for them to world build but there are characters we have hanging back. Perhaps they can find a way to bring in characters from the library and look to the worlds beyond?

May be remembering this wrong, but I remember a G1 episode that was one of those "character episodes," focusing on Smokescreen as he gets wrapped up in some gambling ring on an alien planet. (Hope I'm not remembering wrong; that was one of my favorite episodes.) Something like that would be neat for the dual purpose of giving the late G1 guys their due and showing the broader setting. Of course, that might still relegate the characters to "B-Team" depending on how it plays out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. sevenlima

sevenlima Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Blackarachnia from animated series had a alien spider alt mode when she's was Elita-1.

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I always liked the creature modes of Squeezeplay, Grotusque and the Firecons.

Snarler's inner beast looked pretty alien too. The drill snout made him a boar who could bore.

The Decepticon Pretenders could have been based on life forms that encountered on other worlds.

Skullgrin and Octopunch had very interesting shells.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Florgeysteve

I always thought that the snowstalker deathglider, windrunner and the Toratons would make good transformers designs.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I headcanoned their shells as based on intelligent alien races from planets known to Cybertronians.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Who are they? You got pictures?

20. Florgeysteve