Alice was Grindor's minion?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sso02V, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I was just thinking how it was Grindor that intercepted Sam & crew after Alice flushed them (and got smashed in the process) and was beginning to wonder if maybe she was Grindor's symbiotic minion like Scorponok was to Blackout.

Obviously there's nothing to actually connect them, but it would be pretty neat if it was standard issue for that particular body model to contain and deploy minion-bots.

2. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Come to think of it, and I might be dreaming or looking for things that aren't there, I did think that Alice had that insectoid appearance that Scorponok had. Or she looks a little like Frenzy, who was Barricade's sort-off minion.

3. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She could be Screamer's minion since he was in there as well.

4. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

Grindor could hide nearby. Maybe in a large parking-lot of an abandoned building somewhere. Sea-stallions are quite massive.

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I helped my roommate with the chores yesterday, I must be his minion too.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    That's the main downside about ROTF, nothing truly explained on behalf of the robots, and ironically the name of the film is Transformers.

It would have been nice to know a bit more of who ALice was, or who sent her. Was it the Fallen? Who knows, but killing off robots with not too much story to them is very depressing to me, considering all the hard work that is put into creating the designs.

Maybe Alice is a different type of species, one that can transform into organic organisms, but Bay or the writeres, who ever is to blame (paramount?) did not place great attention to this part of the film.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    she is a pretender, who is a robot that can tkae a human fomr, pretenders were part of the transforemrs Sicne the 90s (i think)

8. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I forget where I read this, maybe the novel or the comic book. Anyway, Alice scanned a realistic animatronic at an amusement park. So, Alice is mimicking a machine. I kinda wish they kept that in the movie.

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    yup its true

10. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    This is what I've thought for a while in my own little personal canon. She sort of delivered Sam to Grindor like Reedman delivered the Shard to Ravage.

11. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I assumed she was just another Soundwave lackey, like Wheelie was. It seems to me that Soundwave was over seeing most Decepticon activity on Earth until Megatron was brough back. Once that happened, he passed the information on the Starscream (hence his advance knowledge that Megatron got over that whole dead thing).

12. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

A realistic animatronic? In an amusment park? An entirely unheard of realistic-to the-naked-human-eye-even-up-close animatronic? Yup, you get those everywhere. No wonder that idea didn't make it into the film...

13. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    True, but I would have been willing to suspend my disbelief for that, they asked us to suspend it for much more*. I mean, this is a universe where there are alien robots that can transform into sexy, American cars at will, the idea that (after studying Megatron) robotics would advance enough to make a good looking animitronic for an amusement part (I think it was supposed to be Disney and Alice in Wonderland...perhaps copywrite was the issue for it not making it in?)

Plus, those wacky Japanese are making all sorts of robots that just freak me right the eff out!

*Hey, weren't we just in Washington DC? Why are we in Arizona? And hey, didn't you know that Jordan was a quick day trip to and back from Egypt? Oh, and that the whole area is just littered with pyramids! Just, you know, freaking everywhere!

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Yep, in the ROTF movie novel, Alice had scanned a human-like animatronic, I believe it was going to be for one of the Disney parks (I'll have to re-read the novel)... and Leo saw it on TV, realized that Alice looks exactly like the animatronic, and went back to the dorm room just when Alice revealed herself to be a robot to Sam and Mikaela.

But yeah, of the things I wish they took some time to explain in the movie, it's the whole Alice Pretender ordeal... was she a minion to a particular Decepticon, who specifically did she get her orders from, etc.

15. Evil_the_Nub

Evil_the_Nub Well-Known Member

I don't think she was a minion I think she was just Plan A for capturing Sam. She could have captured him without making a big scene that "Grindor" did. What I'd like to know is what her real name was, Alice was just her alt mode after all. Since she was a pretender and had a bunch of tentacles I'm going with Octopunch.

16. Sso02V

News Credits:
    Well, you've got a lot of TFs with alt. mode specific names, especially the Beast Warriors. her name just might be Alice.

17. DeathsHead

It still an utterly abysmal concept that hasn't been thought through. It's omission from the film speaks volumes - animatronic humans simply don't look like real people, particularily anything of the kind found in amusment parks. It's stretching the audiences already strained-to-breaking-point-credulity to the max.

What's wrong with scanning an actual living breathing girl, who could show up later in a similar manner?

I agree that there is already a ridiculous amount of bullshit swallowing going on in that script though...

18. Sso02V

News Credits:
    In the real world.

19. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    No, I agree with you (though I don't think most people know the current limitations of robotics). It would have made much more sense to just have her being a real human, maybe even actually going to the school and Leo comes across the real Alice somewhere (going with the films style, she would be tied up and he would make a sick joke about it being a dream come true!). But, as far as compared to the rest of the film, that was a pretty minimal amout of "bullshit swallowing"*.

*I like that term, I might use it more!

20. DeathsHead

Well, I kinda take issue with that...

Because Transformers IS essentially set in the 'real world', suspension of disbelief requires that as many things as possible are relatable to the audience on a regular level - this allows full freedom to go wild with the Alien stuff as a contrast. As a result very little of the America of Transformers is depicted as anything other than completely normal (or as normal as vague general knowledge will produce), even if liberties are actually being taken with things like geography and military/political process.

I would argue that pretty much everyone is aware that there are no amusment park dummies that can resemble a human right down to the pores of the skin and the hairs on our top lips. I can only imagine how risible the scene would have been as our pretender bot stops in front of what is clearly a body cast of Isabel Lucas, scans it and then walks off looking like a real person. Even worse would be that idea that Lucas herself 'played' the dummy, resulting in a sequence where an obviously real person has to pretend to be a fake...

Ha - you're welcome to the term! Scanning a real person makes much more sense to me too and is far simpler to shoot.

Incidentally you might want to check out the work of artist Ron Mueck. His sculptures of people are frighteningly realistic, though I don't think you'll be seeing anything like that down at Disney for a while yet...