Alice Theory

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ultrawave, Nov 13, 2011.

1. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    This has been said so many times to you...
    THE COMICS ARE NOT OFFICIAL CANON.
    They try to tie in to the movies, but that doesn't work. OK? Stop answering questions with things that happened in the freaking comics.

2. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown: 

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    nevar :ev: 

4. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The comics are official canon.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I will never understand this attitude. I mean, I can understand the position if you want to criticize the films, and have to make the point that yes, it took another writer in another media coming up with an explanation after the fact for something Bay and his crew didn't bother to think through. Totally, no argument. But I don't understand the mentality that says "I would rather make up a pretend answer than go by what the official, published, approved-by-Hasbro secondary media that actively chose to acknowledge the problem and create an answer says." Especially since the Dark of the Moon comics DID, in fact, tie in perfectly with the films, and spent a lot of time actually going back and fixing the problems with all the past comics.

6. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And what, intercepting a phone call and electronically mimicking a human voice is a challenge for Soundwave? No sir! Need to meet a human in person? Well, they just so happen to HAVE this Decepticon that can take different human shapes. Problem solved!

(Not that I'm actively knocking the Dylan explanation, btw, it totally works too, it's just that the whole scenario doesn't require plucking from a later-written film to explain. I'm just saying it was fine and feasible as presented in ROTF.)

7. Hellscream15

Hellscream15 Hi... Bl

Didnt chromia die in one of the prequel adaptions before rotf happened? explain that.
    It may be official, but IT.CONTRADICTS.THE.MOVIES!

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This!

if they were Fan fiction or were aproved by hasbro then they are not canon, but since they were aproved by paramount, Dreamworks and Hasbro then the yare offical canon

9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    fixed

Elita-1 (In Reign of Starscream), Chromia (in Rising Sstorm Flashbacks) and Arcee (in Tales of the Fallen issue 6) All died, but as shown in Tales of the fallen and later Mentioned in the DOTM comics, Thundercracker and Flatline wanted to turn the Sisters into Decepticons after they failed to do it with the twins, they moved The Sparks of 2 of the sisters to new body shells but arcee spark was needed to activate all 3 bodies and they kileld arcee and used to spark for activate the sparks of the sisters, horever the sisters stayed as Autobots when their memories returned to them (thanks to the twins if i am not wrong)

tell us every contradiction u find and i and/or Chris McFeely will explain hte whole thing going by what the dotm comics have shown

i recommend you to see this and u wil lsee how well the comics, Novels, Cyber Missions and the films fits together now
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Movie_timeline

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's a good observation man really! However the part with Alice should have been cut out and have Ravage attack the collage instead. But that's my thought nothing more.

11. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    Dont know about the comics but the novel of the film includes the "Alice scans an animatronic of Alice in WL" (from the tv, I believe) bit. Aren't the novels canon?

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    they are not ccanon to the movies, BUT its possible the scene did happened in the movie cause Leo was going to tel lasam something about alice, but could not tell him cause of alice attacking Sam (in the adaptations leo wanted to tell sam of Alice looknig similar to the orbotic alice and in the movie he wants to tell something about alice to sam, so its pretty much clear the scene where leo finds out of the alice robot DID Happened in the movie,)

jsut cause we dont see the scene DOESNT MEANS it never happened the rotf novel shows optimsu recovering the matrix, but we never see it in the movie, BUT DOTM Shows the scene DID indeed Happened, so jsut cause it wasnt in the movie it doesnt means it never happened (same with the twins, we see them briefly in DOTM, but we never see them agagin, but it very clear they did died offscreen, if they were alive they would be seen with the autobots before faking theri deaths and woudl had taken part of the chicago battle)

13. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    OK, anyone else besides eagc7 wanna field this? I'm immediately suspicious of someone who constantly pushes the comics as canon, when everyone else says no, then says the novels are NOT canon! Help, somebody!

14. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't buy this. How can we say that comics are canon, but novels, which are basically the same media and tell the same story but without the pretty pictures, aren't canon?

I made this thread and all my theories/observations by what we've seen on screen, not what was explained in the comics. We shouldn't have to turn to comics and novels to explain something that didn't make sense or tie up a plothole. We should only have to refer to the movies and the sequels/prequels to draw conclusions with the information provided to us.

So in that case, all this "we didn't see it doesnt mean it didnt happen" only really applies to something like the Matrix being recovered, which DOTM showed us it had been. Or Barricade returning; we didn't see him after that scene on the highway in the first movie, but as DOTM showed us, that never meant he couldn't have been undercover following Autobots around and doing recon for the Decepticons. Things that were left ambiguous in the previous movies that were tied up or shown again in the next.

Otherwise its like saying Sideswipe and Ironhide waltzed together and just because we didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

15. Chris McFeely

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    In this case, though, there IS a vestige of the scene in the film - when Mikaela walks in on Alice and Sam, she is quickly followed by Leo, who says "Yo Sam, your bed-buddy Alice--" and is then cut off. Per the original script for the film, he is returning to tell Sam that she is identical to an Alice in Wonderland animatronic he has just seen on television while sitting down to eat his pizza, a scene included in both the comic and novelization adaptations, and further intimated toward in the DOTM prose story, "Convergence". In this particular instance, much like the Matrix, we do sort of have to assume that that DID happen off-screen, since Leo has come back to tell Sam something about Alice, and media outside of the adaptations of the films themselves have followed through on it.

(That's usually a good litmus test for whether something in the adaptations, be they comic or novel, "matters" - if other media tries to use it. I think when Egac was talking about the novel's canonicity, he's referring to the adaptations themselves, rather than the prequels or anything like that - and it counts for the comic adaptations too. Because if the film contradcts something in them outright, then the film is going to be used as a basis for subsequent stories, and the adaptation will be waylaid. For instance, the novel and comic adaptations have The Fallen imprisoned, and only escaping once the harvested is discovered, right? Well, subsequent comics ignore that - the movie itself overwrites its own adaptations - but at the same time, do NOT discount the prequel story that shows him being imprisoned, and instead, come up with a new explanation to justify why The Fallen is free prior to the start of ROTF.)

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Simple
    in the Movie 1 Adaptations, Barricade Dies, the Allspark is destroyed without anything left, no shards no anything, Jazz in one piece when he dies, Brawl and Blackout are blown to pieces, Megatron and the others Remains are Destroyed by bombs on the Ocean, muliple scenes are different from the movie

in the Comics, Barricade Lives, the Shards are there, Jazz is Ripped in Half, Brawl and Blackout boides are jsut like they were on the movies, The remains of the cons are not destroyed, flashbacks shown in reign of Starscream shows scenes from the movie and nto adaptation

in the ROTF Adaptations, Fallen is trapped in a Relic, Optimus goes to stasis, Jolt is not with the team, Megatrons vows to never work with someone else, Ravage lives, there are 11 of the Original transformers are kileld by fallen, Fallen kileld every decesedants of the primes (expect optimus), muliple scenes are different from the movie

in the Comics, Fallen is freed from his relic in the 90s using the pillars of Sentinel, Optimus claims he DIED in rising storm, Jolt is the with team, Megatron is planning to Revive his Plan with Sentinel, meaning he's still working for sentinel, Ravage is dead (but later is ressurected but dies again later), only 6 primes are dead from the gypt battle, Sentinel Lives, flashbacks shown in Tales of the fallen shows scenes from the movie and not adaptation

this proves the comics arent canon with the movie 1 and rotf Adaptations, and only with the movies

This

17. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

... this.

She could've just followed Sam around and sat in on his classes. It's not like classes that large take attendance.

As for "someone might ask her a question!" she could... not answer. It would actually be weirder for a girl that hot to just spout off her address to a stranger who asks where she lives.

18. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I just watched ROTF yesterday, and for the first time noticed the connection between Alice, and Starscream. SS talks about the Decepticons' "having the boy in their sights", as the Fallen, and Megatron are talking inside of the Nemesis.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011