Alcatraz

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by exclusacon, Jan 16, 2012.

1. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Is anyone watching this? Im digging it a little bit so far. It seems like X-files, Fringe a little too much....

What you think?

2. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

DVRing it so that I can watch it later this week.From the preview it looked interesting,and I usually like anything by J.J. Abrams.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

This was a pretty interesting show, I hope it has the chops to avoid untimely death. So far though I'm hooked, time travel and inmates from the past running amok? Definitely a winning combination andI've always found Sam Neil to be a great actor to watch.

4. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    I lost interest about 10 minutes in, but forced myself to watch the rest because I like Jorge Garcia. So far it's a pretty standard police drama and pretty generic/boring. I don't think I'll bother keeping up with it. I don't find the real life Alcatraz all that interesting in the first place.

5. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

JJ Abrams and company have shot out alot of good show concepts but this felt like a cash cow grab off of LOST + The 4400 - The Powers.

None of the Cast is interesting save for Sam Neil and the lead actress is as bland here as she was when she played Polly Zobel on Sons of Anarchy Season 2

6. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Pretty much what happen to me, I dug it for about 15 mins, then I thought it was too much like XFiles, which I loved, then it was like Fringe...then more commercials came it got boring...i watch it all, because nothing else was on...might give it another shot next week.

I do think that too...a $$$$ show...

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Wow, guess I'm the only one who actually liked it, I mean I never watched Fringe, The 4400, LOST or any of those other shows you guys said it was borrowing off of, except for X-Files, and even then I didn't watch X-Files religiously.

Still, for what it was I'm pretty damn impressed by it and am looking forward to next Monday's episode. I enjoy Crime Dramas though and this is a similar concept only with a bit of a mysterious sci-fi twist.

I didn't find anything wrong with the acting in this one though, perhaps because I haven't been super exposed to the types of series that employ these actors so I have nothing to gauge their work on.

It piqued my curiosity and I just hope it doesn't get canned before it can really get going, I guess we'll have to wait and see how the ratings turned out. I seriously want to know what's happening with this and hope it'll have a decent send-off. Obviously not all of these episodes will focus on criminals coming back, what about the guards? What happens when one of them shows up? I hardly think it'll be a killing spree, it could even turn into something potentially damning in their case.

That twist ending really made me want to find out more, of course I suppose if you've been exposed to similar series with similar twists at the end for a longer time you might not have been that surprised, but it certainly surprised me and I can't wait to find out the answers to the big questions.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Gotta Catch 'em all" That's what I thought of when the second hour started.

I'm going to keep watching it though because it was still interesting. I just got a Pokemon Minicon vibe from the episodes potentially revolving around finding and capturing new escaped convicts. I'm sure it will turn into much more than that.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I liked it. Love the twists at the end of each hour.

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I just got around to watching it yesterday and it was pretty good.I'll stick with it to see how it all plays out.I just hope that we actually get some explanations as to how they all vanished and are now coming back,but knowing JJ Abrams,we won't be getting any clear answers anytime soon.

11. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Its ok....so far...again...

The real problem i have with it...there is no culture shock to the imates....

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    You're assuming they haven't been told what's going on...

Another solid episode, although this is turning into a rather dark series quickly. As long as they keep the plot twists coming at the end of each episode, I will be hooked.

13. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Maybe...I noticed when the get shot or injured, either reality sets in or the recognize the voice.....i know it early in the show, but what the purpose of sending the inmates to the future(?) to commit the same crimes?...

14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Again, not to be a dick here, but you're assuming that's why they were brought back. The first guy didn't repeat the same crimes, and the sniper guy did but also did other stuff. Give it time, see what's revealed. They're not going to explain everything right away.

15. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    You're right, this is coming from some of the same people who did Lost so they might take 6 seasons to not explain everything.

:p 

16. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    This show is pissing me off! For weeks leading up to the Premier I couldn't watch anything without seeing ads for it. The 3 days before the premier? ZIP! I missed the 2 hour Premier.... didn't realize it was on last night until I saw it in the program guide...at 10:05!! Can't figure out why Fox promoted the show so heavily before it started, then just made it vanish now......

17. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    [sarcasm]Yes, because Fox usually makes such good decisions with their television programming.[/sarcasm]

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Hey, even though you're making the greatest television show ever, you can't please everyone.

19. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Oh I know. Don't get me wrong, Lost is one of my favorite shows ever. Pretty easy to make fun of though.

20. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

OK,I don't understand this.They've showed some of the flashbacks to the 60's and last week Lucy was in one of them,and now this week that doctor with the cigarette was in one of them and then he ends up working for Houser in the present.How does that work?

If they're trying to figure out how these prisoners dissappeared and are now coming back,why not just ask one of those two.Unless Houser has no idea that they were also from the 60's.I'm so confused already and we're only three episodes into it.