Alaska Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 23, 2007.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I picked up my Tankor a long time ago. I feel sorry for you guys if it took a long time for him to get to your stores

2. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anchorage Wal-mart: First Aid, Streetwise, and Blades
    Target: Hot-Spot, Cyclonus, and leader G1 Megatron

3. ArmorhideMB2

ArmorhideMB2 Well-Known Member

Wave 1 Titains Return Deluxe at Ast and South side Walmarts

4. ArmorhideMB2

Wave 1 Titain masters are at the east side Fredmyers in Anchorage

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Wow! I see the tf scene is pretty dead in my old home state. Sorry, Don't mean to come off rude. It pains me too think of how long you guys probably have to wait for waves.

How much are the deluxes, voyagers, and leaders up there? Man I don't miss the mark up on everything.

6. Mister Gribsby

Mister Gribsby QT- series automaton

It fluctuates depending on the store and line, so I will attempt to list them, as well as include what they carry for the most part. (Within my town of Eagle River, which is a little ways up the Old Glenn from Anchorage) Do also bear in mind that the prices change every couple of months too, so they may be inaccurate in the future. Also of note, waves (especially Generations toys) certainly are not "current" and thus collecting is a pain, unless you care for the glut of pricey Movie toys. This leads to two outcomes, either there are no good figures on the pegs, or there is an absolute abundance of one single wave or toy. (think multiple pegs of solely Berzerker, or alternatively nothing but tumbleweeds in the aisle.) All of this means that Alaskans, such as myself, wait multiple months, nearly three, on end for Transformers to show up after their initial release, if they ever appear.

Fred Meyer
    : Generations: __Masters $6
    Legends $12
    Deluxes $20-$25
    Voyagers $27-$30
    Leaders N/A
    RID: Scouts $7
    Warriors N/A
    Crash Combiners $20?
    Movie Malarchy: Scouts $7
    Deluxes $25
    Voyagers $37
    Alt Modes: Blind Bag $5
    Wal*Mart: Generations: __Masters $6
    Legends $12
    Deluxes $19
    Voyagers $25
    Leaders $45-50
    RID: Scout $5
    Warriors $15
    Crash Combiners $20?
    Movie Malarchy: Scouts $5-$7
    Deluxes $20
    Voyagers $29

Walgreens Assorted: Gen. Deluxes $20
    Cyber Battalion $18
    1-Step $10?

Target (more in the Muldoon area than ER, but still relevant)-- See Wal*Mart section. Usually has more Generations products than all of the above combined, barring Cyber Battalion

That is the list I can recall for now. If there are questions, I can try to answer them promptly, being that all of the above establishments except for Target are within walking distance.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Thanks for the thorough reply! I used to live over off east 80th/Lake otis in anchorage. I graduated from Service High. Still got some friends up there I talk to. They been wanting me to come back for a visit. Hopefully soon!

Ouch man! All that sounds rough! Distribution has also been shitty down here in AZ for Potp. I did some hunting today at the usual spots and it was bare asf. I can't imagine how frustrating it is up there. Does bigbadtoystore ship up there for $4? I imagine it says no in the fine print. I remember always getting screwed by the fine print. Lol

8. Mister Gribsby

I am not really into the online retailers that much, so I cannot really say. I have however been able to acquire a figure every once in a while from Amazon, but despite the Prime free shipping and all that jazz, it is more like "next month shipping". The same goes for Shapeways in terms of wait. The best bet for new figures used to be Toys-R-Us, but clearly that is not an option. (I'll never finish the Dinobot Five!) I did get a pretty good deal of $30 on Universe Smokescreen at the recent Arctic Comic-Con at the Dena'ina Center. Considering the figure's age that seemed pretty good to me. But I digress. No, I am unsure of any affordable/efficient method of online purchasing. Maybe E-Bay is an option, but I have no experience with that either. I guess I will look into it.
    Well, I hope your endeavors end favorably. Visit Alaska again soon, we just finished the ugly season. Either way, keep "Chillyn".

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mister Gribsby

I stopped by the Eagle River Walgreens for a sip of water and a look at the Transformers situation there. I happened upon a Cyber Battalion Sideswipe, while the rest of the shelf was cleared of its two Optimi, Prowl, and one of the Bumblebees . Evidently, wave three hit here, but I was beaten to it. One day, Shockwave, one day.

10. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

How's potp looking up there?

11. Mister Gribsby

In a word, miserable.
    Nowhere has any deluxes beyond wave 1. Walmart has wave 2 legends and, for perhaps 10 minutes, had wave 2 voyagers. I am glad to say that I got the only discount Hun-Gurr in town. Walmart also had Leaders, albeit one Rod-Prime and one Optimus, both of which have since vanished. Wave 1 Prime Masters are only present at Target. Besides that, anything beyond Slag, Swoop, Dreadwing, and Jazz is out of the question. Fred Meyer, which used to be a great place to purchase Transformers, is only now stocking wave one deluxes and legends. Even given the talk that wave two distribution was poor worldwide, that still seems bad across the board.
    On the bright side, Studio Series is popping up, but the only place that charges reasonably is Target, demanding $20, $30, and $50 for the wave 1 deluxes, voyagers, and leaders. Fred's has deluxes at $25 and voyagers at $37. Walmart, meanwhile carries only deluxes for about the same.
    To sum things up, I will be glad to see my kin, and their local toy aisles, in Southern California soon. [He sighs, bemoaning the existence of sales tax.]
    To digress, summer is in full swing up here and the sun is blazing. I am pretty sure some place in Southeast AK hit 97 degrees yesterday. (And they say global warming is not a thing.)
    Chill on, Chillyn. I hope that my answer was satisfactory.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Ouch. We're not much better off here in Az but we atleast got a few deliveries of wave 2 deluxes. Seen hungrr and elita a few times and the Walmart by me got like 8 infernos in. I went today and there was only one left.

Cheers man!

Enjoy the midnight sun for me ;) 

13. Mister Gribsby

I certainly will enjoy the midnight sun. Cheers to you as well, man. I hope all goes well on your end.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mister Gribsby

No substantial news in Eagle River, except for one oddity. My local Wal*Mart has one Landmine Pretender/Prime. Its presence is likely a shipping mistake however. I did not purchase it, as I am saving my pocket money for what I can find on my trip to Southern California. Given how toys move up here though, I have about a month or more to perhaps change my mind on its potential acquisition.

15. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Anchorage Walmart on A st
    wave 1 stuff, including grimlock and starscream.
    Was 1 alchemist prime

16. Mister Gribsby

I bear joyous tidings, for POTP Wave Two Deluxes have appeared at the Eagle River Fred Meyer. To be precise, there are, at the time of this writing:
    two (2) Rippersnappers,
    one (1) Moonracer,
    one (1) Darkwing and
    no (0) W2 Dinobots
    Let your hunts be fruitful, comrades. [He gazes at Volcanicus, now requiring only Sludge to complete the Dinobots]

17. Mister Gribsby

Eagle River Wal*Mart: Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr are on clearance for $5 each.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mister Gribsby

Muldoon Target: Studio Series: 4 Stingers, 3 Grimlocks, 1 Crowbar, 1 Lockdown, 1 Face Extractor, 1 Dorito, 1 Blackout, and 1 Jazz, if I recall correctly.

19. Mister Gribsby

Compiled from the last two weeks, here are my sightings.
    Muldoon Target has a load of Cyberverse, 2 Rodimi of the Unicronian variety, SS Grimlock, and SS Wave II Voyagers (I myself acquired Brawl).
    Eagle River Fred Meyer has SS Wave I voyagers again, one of each, as well as TLK deluxes such as Steelbane, Sqweeks, and the ubiquitous Berzerker, for $20 with a smattering of POTP deluxes.
    Wal*Mart, also Eagle River, has a surprise in the fact that they are stocking POTP Wave III deluxes and legends at this point, mere weeks after Wave II arrived. No voyagers of any line are there.

20. ArmorhideMB2

Wow its great to see this thread moving again. Sometimes ut feels like im the only collecter in the who state

• Like Like x 3