airsoft

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aptom, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

does anyone here play airsoft? i played paintball quite a few times but played airsoft for the first time yesterday and it was amazing. getting a rifle noe but its quite expensive;( oh well all the fun things in life are!

2. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I haven't, but my friend won't shut the hell up about it. Always going on about all his airsoft wars.

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I think Hook is into it. You might want to PM him if there's anything you want to know about Airsoft.

4. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

i want to play airsoft but I don't know anyone who is into it I have 3 electric guns myself all models found in CS.

5. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Paintball is so much better, Speedball that is. I had a friend that played airsoft though. He's a Marine now.

6. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I play it but not that often anymore. I do still own a Shotgun with a scope and red dot sight, and a pistol. its alot of fun to play if you have a nice big area with places for cover and such

depending on the weapons everyone is using though it can hurt quite a bit and they will leave welts just like a paintball. if you decide to get into big wars automatic firing guns are the way to go youll get lit up if youre using something that you need to cock for every single shot

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i don't play- not really anybody here that's into it- but i bought a few weapons because they make for great movie props that are safe and affordable,
    i mostly have shotguns and a couple AR-15/M-4 rifles.

i talked to the associates at Walmart in Sporting Goods, and they said that old people buy airsoft guns because they don't want real firearms and don't want BB guns to deal with pesky strays.

oh, paintball sucks. well, getting hit a half dozen times in the stomach with paintballs...that really sucks, lol

8. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I play airsoft, mostly close quarters stuff. I use a Steyr AUG and a Beretta 92F. I also have an M56DL shotgun.
    And it's way more fun than paintball.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Airsoft is fantastic fun. I love blasting the hell out of opponents with my Mini-Steyr AUG.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My AUG:
    [​IMG]
    Sidearm:
    [​IMG]

12. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My chairsofting weapon of choice.

[​IMG]

I need to stop reposting this photo.

13. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Actually, I'm into tactical paintball. The airsoft scene in Canada is pretty much dead, as the stupid Canadian customs won't let any realistic airsoft rifles come in the country.

So I make do with paintball instead. I play once or twice a week and have customized pretty much every piece of gear I have.

I've got 3 markers, one for each category of paintball:

My workhorse, a heavil modified AGD Tac-One. Used for woodsball and tactic/scenario games. The Maseratti of high-end mechanical markers:
    [​IMG]

My new love, an open-class pump-action CCM T2. When you want to run light and be a silent ninja in the woods:
    [​IMG]

Lastly, an electropneumatic speedball marker, the Invert Mini. Shoots extremely fast, small and light. But sorry speedballers, this type of play is my least favorite of all. This one is mainly used as a backup or loaner marker.
    [​IMG]

Got this last week, a commissioned, custom-made Canadian Disruptive Pattern (CADPAT) vest:
    [​IMG]

14. Aptom

Aptom Well-Known Member

draven thats the nicest steyr aug ive ever seen, just what i want! allthough i bet you have modded yours alot, is it the civi version with alot of upgrades? how is it? im looking for a rifle thats good at long range but not the range of a sniper. ive had suggested to me FAL , m16 and steyr but its nearly impossible for me to find decent steyr at decent price at the moment. my budget is around 250 but id like if poss to get battery and charger included in that. any ideas where to look, im open to looking at second hand too as i know id get alot more for my money.

15. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

I have a friend who is really into airsoft and wants to be a marine what a coincidence.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Look for a Jing Gong AUG. It's basically a Chinese copy of the more expensive Tokyo Marui version, and it comes with a charger and battery; it's every bit as good, every bit as accurate, and all the TM based accessories and add-ons will fit right on.
    As you can see, in fact. My AUG is a JG Civilian model. It's modified with a new front end kit I got on ebay (that cost damn near as much as the rifle did, but it was worth it) and with a tactical sling and a red dot sight added. The sight was a few bucks on eBay, as was the sling. It's very accurate, has a decent range, and a good rate of fire.

17. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I've played plenty of paintball but never any airsoft.

Frankly, I don't see a huge difference - although I can see airsoft being a bit less high-maintenance (and a lot less ruined clothes).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Never played, but it always looked like it'd be fun to get all geared out and stuff.

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I don't see why. Is there any particular reason?

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No paintballs to break and make a mess in your gun or on yourself, mostly.