Airsoft gaming?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Apr 24, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Just wondering, anyone else do airsoft gaming here? Airsoft is my new hobby and *gasp* it's a physical hobby too :D 

Case anyone is wondering what the hell I'm talking about. Airsoft is like paintball but instead of paint balls, we use 6mm plastic pellets with authentic looking toy guns.

2. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    I don't really play matches, unless shooting my friends without them knowing counts. But I do have two guns, well one and a half cause my MP5 SD was crushed, the internals are fine but the case is history. And the other I have is a G36C. I don't go out and have matches with people but I just thought it might be a fun alternative (and less painful) solution to paintballing if I ever decide to really pick it up. And there are mini paintballs you can get for airsoft guns too but what's the point, if I wanted to go paintballing well I'd have a paintball gun.

3. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I prefer paintball, but some of the airsoft guns look pretty cool

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have wars when a few friends come over on a weekend.

I have an MP5, a sniper, and a P99.

5. DaggersRage

You have to be careful with those mini paintball BBs, they can break inside the barrel and cause a horrible jam.

I have a G36k, and MP5 and a G36C. The G36k is my "competion" rifle and my best quality one, it's all metal, the frame, the gear box inside. It's powerful too, shoots 360 feet-per-second. I love it but it took a while to save up for that sucker.

The other two are plastic frames and gear boxes, not as good but the MP5 serves as a nice backup for me. The G36C I got is.... well... I only got it for 10 dollars, and it performs like a $10 dollar toy. Looks good for camera though if I want to use it as a prompt for a film.

6. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I've always wondered how you play Airsoft. How do you know when someone gets hit? In paintball you can usually see the paint hit, but how do you see and know you've hit someone in airsoft?

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can feel a small pinch. They'll usually spin around or run like hell.

8. DaggersRage

Well, it's going to sound dumb, but it's "the honor system". The shooter isnt going to know for sure but the guy who got shot will know and they'll call out "hit!" and then walk off the field.

So far most the players I've been with dont disrupt this and will be honest about it. Another thing that helps players figure out if they got hit or not is "if you think you got hit, you got hit".

I know one time I felt a sting in the back of my neck and I didnt want to argue if there was any shooters behind me so I called off I was shot and walked out.

Oooooh yeah, also most airsoft shooters fire in full auto all the time for their guns. If you get hit once, you're probably going to get hit 5 more times, some times the opposing player can see that and also.... airsoft pellets dont hurt as much as paintballs do, but 5 of those hitting you in the same spot means some ouchies will take place.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You play once you get hit you're out? No fun.

We play until you fall down from exhaustion/heat stroke.

10. DaggersRage

Normally I agree with getting hit once and you're out, but the field I usually play in is small and the matches go by pretty quick.

Usually the bigger the field gets the more respawns you get and sometimes unlimited respawns go on as well.

11. DaggersRage

Here be me in my airsoft gear btw.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

jeez louise, you look like you're about to take on an armada of 5th graders.

13. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I've got a TM G36C, Benneli M3, 6inch Colt Python and an HFC Mauser. The G36 is pwnsome and the shotgun is great for close up work, especially defending an area. Our site had a 5m semi auto rule, so once people get close I just whip out the shotty and give em all 3 barrels. It doesn't have terrific range but it stings like a bitch, meaning people either declare their hits or they're in for a lot of discomfort.

14. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Yep, it's my latest hobby and I've been at it around a year now, although I've collected the guns a lot longer.
    My Marui weapons include an electric G36C, G3, the new M4 S-System, SPAS 12, Beretta M92 (gas) & M93R (electric) and my personal favourite, a P9O kitted out with tactical light & green laser dot (which I don't use in the 'field' I hasten to add!). The only metal rep I have is a Classic Army MP5 lighted forearm, more for display than anything - Tokyo Marui have the best build quality in my opinion.

I don't have a local club so me and a few mates started our own on some private land. It's a great way to spend a weekend (Good exercise too!).

15. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Honesty! We don't have any of that 'one hit and you're out' stuff (which to me robs the experience of it's fun). We skirmish for an hour at a time then tally up our hits. There aren't any prizes so if someone chooses to lie then they're only fooling themselves and missing the point completely.

16. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I have the Swiss Arms spring powered Sig Sauer SP2022, a CM027 MP5-J from CYMA, a cheap shotgun that came for free with the MP5, and an AUG-2, which is, from what I can tell, a knockoff of a knockoff.

I only use them for plinking though. That and they look pretty cool.