Airsoft anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spartan-117, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

For those not in the know it's basically paintball with electric or gass powered replica weapons that shoot plastic bbs. We creep about the woods in camo and throw grenades and abuse at each other. Good fun.
    Any other practitioners out there?

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I tried it once or twice years ago, it was great fun and I'd go more often but there aren't that many places here that do it and its a bit of a hassle to organise everything on a trip.

3. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

I'd kill to get my hands on one of those Tokyo-Marui M14's.

Or a real M14 for that matter.

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I have a couple, but I use them to shoot stray dogs.

5. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have an MP5, P99, SPAS 12, and an RCP90.

I love just going out in the woods with freinds and just...shooting.

6. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

My friends have some, but we haven't used them yet. We thought about riding our bikes around the neighborhood and go grand theft auto and terrorize the populace. :D 

7. deathprime

deathprime age old noob

airsoft

We play all the time at my friends metal shop, big warehouse and surrounding loading docks and such.

I used to play paintball, but airsoft blows it away, much more realistic. I absolutly love it. I use a tactical shotgun.

8. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

I'm really big into airsoft, too.
    I head up a Cobra Viper unit, and airsoft is the only way to go.
    We have a small armory of weapons (a lot of eastern bloc weaps after all, we're Cobra, lol)
    Also a lot of state land, here locally, where we can run outside and play to our hearts content.
    Biggest buy so far was a bulk order on rifles that look just like the original Viper rifle.
    I'm working on getting an M-79 'blooper', an RPG7, and an M-60 E3 longbarrel, as my sister is doing a SAW viper.
    After playing airsoft, I'll never go back to paintball again.

9. BMGFX

BMGFX Awesome Spooner Veteran

I always wanted to get into it, but there aren't really any places by me and I never get any guns no matter how much I look at them.

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

How is the sting compared to paintball?

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Ooooh, I thought you were talking about paintball... it was late... I was tired!

Airsoft... yeah I've got a couple of handguns, but over here in the UK they're now illegal, any replica handgun is. I'd love to get a more heavy duty one, but I didn't fancy the idea of getting one which needs an extra gas cannister. I prefer the ones that have all the mechanics of proper guns, the slide, BB's in the magazine that sort of thing.

Funny story. I bought my latest airsoft gun along with a bunch of other toys in Greece, and brought it back in my luggage. One of those toys was a KO of those Oidz you see around, in the UK Oidz cost £10, over in Greece the KO cost £1. So I bought a pair and shoved them in the Airspoft box so they wouldn't shift around in my luggage.

In the Greek airport, they X-ray your suitcases as you check them in. So they see a gun like object (made out of plastic and metal) which they would disregard... except its got a suspicious pair of metal oval things with them... I got asked to open my luggage there and then, and the gun was obviously plastic, so it wasn't looked over.

The Oidz though were interesting, the security person picked one up and looked over it, looking for seams or whatever. I was trying to explain that it was a magnet, but couldn't get my point across. So I took the other one and stuck it onto a metal surface, look, magnet.

So she realises what it is, puts the one she has down. I take the other one and put it down... and they attract each other and spring together to make that lovely loud offensive oidz noise. The security guard jumped a mile and I thought I was about to be shot. So. Don't pack oidz in your luggage with fake guns. Its stupid.

12. Spartan-117

Awesome, I wasn't expecting much of a reply but I'm pleasantly suprised.
    Turbocharger, my brother is getting an M14 for Christmas. He's a dick.
    Tikgnat, I'm pretty sure Airsoft guns are still legal in the UK. There are plenty of shops selling them, I've got an M4 and Mauser pistol which is all metal and pretty indistinguishable from the real thing except for the bbs being visible from the front of the magazine. My brother is expecting a Colt 1911 sometime soon which is pretty much the same. I think they where going to be outlawed under the VCR bill but there's been a lot of talk and apparently airsoft is now safe. Obviously you can't stroll down the street with an M4 on your shoulder but I've encountered no problems so far.

13. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I prefer paintball myself

14. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

That's not cool, man.

I have some friends that play it, but I've never done it, don't know why. But I definately wanna try it out one day. I so want an M16 or an M4. I remember when I totally geeked out over a friend's Airsoft M16 since I've never handled a real one and this was the next best thing.

15. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends what gun you're using.

But paintballs leave huge bruises and huge welts. Airsoft...Not as much.

16. Viper_486

Viper_486 Cobraaa!

Yup, unless you stop a 40mm grenade at point blank range (3 feet) with your solar plexus...

17. Spartan-117

I'm off to kick some ass in about seven hours. It's a pity we're all so far apart, it'd be neat to get together and try to kill each other.