Customs: airbrushing help!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TenScaryMonkeys, Oct 24, 2010.

1. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

Hi all! My fiancee is huge into Tranformers and repaints and modifications. I am thinking of getting him an airbrush for Christmas so he can step up his game. I am utterly clueless about what to look for though. I want something high quality. Can anyone help me out with some suggestions?

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    how much do you want to spend?

I'd suggest getting him an all inclusive gift, so he can get started right away.
    For about $200, you can get a great airbrush/compressor and some starter paints.

Ebay's your best bet.
    here are some suggestions within that price range:

Iwata HP-C (great air brush)
    ★IWATA MODEL HP-C AIRBRUSH GUN★ ★GREAT DEAL★ (NEW) - eBay (item 220682656085 end time Nov-12-10 10:39:38 PST)

compressor (not great, but will do more than he'll need)
    1/8 HP, 40 PSI Oilless Airbrush Compressor

3. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

Thank you! The price isn't as important as making sure it's good quality. I will definitely check out ebay for those.

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    yeah, those will suit him very well. it's a waste of money to buy something sub-part only to replace it with something better in a few months.

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Another place to check out is hobby lobby. They have a very nice gravity fed iwata with a hose, paints, and all kinds of stuff, but no compressor. But if you do go there you can find once a month a coupon for 40% off, and you can get that whole set for about $108 I think. Hope that helps too :) . Here's a link to the one I intend to buy this weekend with a 40% off coupon. http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/eclipse-airbrush-with-accessories-330266/

6. rebornee

rebornee Well-Known Member

Try this airbrush it is more then he will ever need. I have been airbrushing over 20 years.
    have spent from $60 to $350 so I have some experience. peak iwata-BearAir.com is in my top 2 or 3.
    My current setup
    Mojo
    Moflo
    C-5
    Kustom CS
    Alienware M17X
    Vinyl Express Cutter
    Vega 2000's
    Aztek compressor
    Rebornee

7. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

If you live near a Michael's or A.C. Moore these stores offer weekly coupons for 50% off ANY product, no questions asked. I often buy $130+ rolls of canvas for about $72. Both stores sell airbrushes.