Customs: Airbrush Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by deaculpa, Oct 16, 2009.

1. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    So I'm about to purchase an airbrush in the next few weeks and I was wondering if I could get some suggestions.

I'm hoping to spend about $150, but I'm willing to spend $200 if there's a necessity. Double - action with compressor is my preference from what I've previously read.

I'd like to get something fit for a beginner but proper for advanced use as I (hopefully) progress. in other words, I don't want to buy something so cheap that it has to be replaced anytime soon.

Let me know any models you think would be appropriate, and any experience you've had with it or things to watch out for.

Thanks in advance!

2. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Well, you can get an Iwata airbrush. Heard it's pretty good. I use a Mr Hobby airbrush but that's not the norm for the states. I believe the Iwata is an excellent equivelant. Do invest in a better airbrush and compressor (if possible) as they will serve you well in the long run. Get a quiet compressor that doesn't heat up excessively and has the right amount of output suitable for your needs.

3. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

^^^
    Yes, listen to her. So know what she's talking about:) .

4. Sabrina_Ng

Sabrina_Ng La Femme Fatale

Ebay:
    Lolz! Hey, I'm not the only one who uses an airbrush! There are many others too. Just my 2 cents worth :)