Airborne/Walbourne

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Mar 18, 2011.

1. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

So,there is a little product called Airborne that is distributed. A fizz away your sickness Vitamin C tablet, that dissolves in water Alka seltser (sp?) style.

So I am wondering, is it actually effective? Or is it a placebo effect?

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I remember the controversy surrounding this thing.

It isn't so much a mere vitamin C tablet than a dietary supplement pill that contains a number of herbs and nutrients, including vitamin C. The company that makes the stuff touted it as a preventer or cure for the common cold, as well as an immune system booster.

Such claims were dismissed as fraudulent; no scientific studies support its effectiveness, and the pharmaceutical company that supposedly confirmed Airborne's beneficial effects turned out to be little more than a two-man outfit started merely at the behest of the manufacturer. Settlements totaling millions of dollars have been made on the grounds that Airborne's creators falsely advertised their product's therapeutic properties.

I think you can draw an obvious conclusion.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I tried it a while back, it was like alka seltzer with lemon. Not any sort of miracle cure, but it tasted pretty good and vitamin C is good for you in cold/flu season. That's basically the biggest part of it that would have any effect, along with some other vitamins and minerals.

Also, some studies have shown that the body's capacity for metabolizing vitamin C jumps by a staggering amount when you start getting sick, so its possible it'll have some beneficial effect, though no more than a vitamin regimen or a hearty diet of citrus.

Give it a shot, if you like it and if it makes you feel better, go for it, it came reccommended to me and I liked it as well (though the cost was such I'd probably just stay with chewable vitamin c tablets). Don't expect it to be a wonder tablet that gets you back on your feet instantanously, however, its more like a substitute for a multivitamin.

4. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I've tried it...it's not a miracle sure of course but theres nothing in it that's bad for you. I'd say give it a try, nothing ventured nothing gained.