Minor/Repaint: Aiming for Better Pics: WWI Ironhide

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by autobotx23, Jun 30, 2009.

1. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

[​IMG]

Hey guys! Here is again, nothing different, just trying to take better pictures for my customs. The other day I had a this comment posted from katch 26:

:banghead: 

That being said, I would like more feedback from you guys on these pictures as well. Feel free to comment on the custom, but I really want too improve on my ability to take better pics. have a look at the attachments. If one is better than others, please let me know.

[​IMG]

A big reason is (of course) to better present my eBay stuff, I want them to see what they're buying. the bigger part, iss that I'm an anal bastard, and I want to do better in an area i'm lacking.
    TonyzCustoms has offered a few tips, as have Redline and others.

The only way to grow is through effort. Thanks guys! Sorry to keep throwing this one back at you! :lol 

Attached Files:

2. Whalemusic360

Whalemusic360 Well-Known Member

Shows off the details WAY better with the white background. now I will look forward to seeing your figures even more then before!

3. ultra magnus 14

ultra magnus 14 WRECKER

looks very good!

4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Damn your making me want him now too stop it lol

5. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

I hated this mold until I seen this custom. Very cool man. I have to look for this now.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It looks a little pink to me, but that could be my monitor. These are pinker than your original one though, so it seems like you might be adjusting colors with an image editor.

I too am having some challenges in getting my photos to look just right. Got some great feedback from some excellent photographers, so I'm hoping that will help. Adjusting my camera for the light was the main thing, and diffusing light with sheer fabric was helpful too.

7. mampy

mampy Movie-Accurate Mampy

News Credits:
    Definitely better than before. :)  Re: the attachments, I like the second pic (where there seems to be a light pointed in front of the figure) better than the first (where the frontal lighting is a little too dark).

Overall, I think you need to lessen the light a little (maybe give a little more distance between the lamps and the figures, or do something with Photoshop) because the pics seem too bright - kinda makes the color look pink.

8. blacklion29

blacklion29 Merlion Gestalt

Ebay:
    I love it man. I'm in awe... love the paintjob and the concept. very inspiring

9. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looking better bro. The extra light you have added seems to have taken the grain that some of your previous pictures possessed. I think you no this already but some custom have way top much light behind them and some have way to much in front of them, need to find the middle point and then diffuse that light so you don't get such diluted colors and soft edges. I almost forgot about the pictures I said I would send you, taking pic in a few days and I will be sure to pass them along to you. =D

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    taking pics sucks! I just ran an entire batch of pics for Jetfire, about 50-60 (typical amount I take of a custom, then select about 15-20 of the better ones)

import them into the computer and they are all grainy because the ISO was reset from charging the battery or something...fuuuuck!

Went out to Target and got a decent mini-tripod, set the ISO super low and got really crisp pics again.

These are def. an improvement. I'm always tempted to go switch to a white bkgd but then I lose uniformity through my customs. Maybe if I come back in another lifetime or something, I'll go with white... ;)  white seems to have great contrast with the details.

11. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Well I think they look great! :thumbs2: 

I like attachment pic #9 (second row, fourth pic) the best. It seems to strike the perfect balance between accurate presentation and moody atmosphere.

That being said, the red looks a tad "rosy" to me, could be my monitor but when I view my pics on the monitor they seem accurate compared to "in hand".

I always liked your photog style, and that run of "grainy" pics ultimately enhanced your presentation. Perhaps a combo of both "clean" and "dirty" pics would capture both mood and subject appropriately!:thumbs2: 

12. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:

Odd, I was just thinking how the black background really "crisps up" the edges and details on your pics. With the base (lexan?) giving a slight reflection, your pics often look like CGI to me.:thumbs2: 

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

The pics look great, man!

I always found that the contrast and saturation were way over-punched in your pictures, but it seemed like a style thing, so I never bothered to critique it. Since you're asking though, this really shows off the work much better, without the colours bleeding across my field of vision.

For what it's worth, it could be toned down a little bit more even. The colours are accentuated perhaps too much, so the red comes out like a searing magenta in places. I think it has more to do with the contrast than the colour of the background, though white backgrounds have their advantages.

zmog

14. Crimsonthunder

Crimsonthunder Well-Known Member

That guy is intense

15. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I like how my details are showing up again, and that you can see a lot of the work that has been out into him, it;s just frustrating to get the color balance right.

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    but once you get it, it's there. :)  I'm just happy to see the yellowing of the pics gone :D 

17. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

hardcore