Aicn q & a transformers prime: Rage of the dinobots!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltimusPrime, Sep 10, 2012.

1. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    WFC and FOC are drastically different than Prime, that's why. Especially aesthetic(which is different than art style, mind you). Granted, WFC/FOC don't fit into any 'G1' universe, but aesthetically, they match up with a Primax-cluster universal stream universe perfectly. That I think is the primary source of some of the doubt.

2. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are people still complaining about the Aligned continuity? Just do what I do, shut up and enjoy.

3. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

This guy gets it.

4. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It's not just about high moons designs, Primes designers has done it themselves. In the resent flashback episode on prime it had cliffjumper, starscream, and soundwave while they were still on cybertron still in their prime designs. You could say maybe it was done to save cost on new models but then there is shockwave built for this episode who looks nothing at all like wfc or foc shockwave. Then there was the ep a while back showing both orion pax and cybertron optimus, that was only a still pic and yet neither looked like optimus from the games.

5. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Except when hm was asked about prime cliffjumpers head, guns, and ships they said they just liked the designs so they used them.
    The nemesis itself is another plot hole from games to show. In the flying mind ep megatron seemed shocked and alarmed the ship not only could be capable of thinking for itself but also talk. The way it played out was not surprise at trypticon awakening, but surprise the ship was capable of it at all.

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Dinobots in season 3 please & make them combine into a gestalt.

7. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean like the Beast?

[​IMG]

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Probably because it's a simple fact that HAS and High Moon were making a G1 game (it's own G1 Universe, not tied to any established) before HAS pulled its half-assed retcon.

When you do something half-assed, it never works out all the way and such has been the case.

It just works better for this new G1 universe to follow the Aligned Continuity, and this PRIME universe to follow the Aligned continuity. It works out better for individual plot / story points... and it works out better for the aesthetic.

9. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    Playing what ifs is a lost cause, fact of the matter is that Hasbro made it's move, now gonna wait and see their justification in this comic.

Though honestly? I couldn't give less of a shit anymore after reading so many circular arguments.

10. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    People are still arguing about continuity errors in Aligned, when the G1 cartoon alone had THREE DIFFERENT, CONFLICTING, OVERLAPPING AT TIMES, ORIGINS FOR MEGATRON & THE CONSTRUCTICONS? :banghead: 

Having Exiles & watching Prime (don't have a console for WfC/ FoC, yet), looks like I have to get Rage of the Dinobots. Proably need to get Exodus, if I can find it... (read it via my library)

11. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Ok first off this for truth

fixed! Never been a fan of Shockwave but to watch him get his ass handed to him by these guys is awesome

Going by the cover does this mean another certain someone survived the game?

12. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

I don't have a problem with Aligned because I see it as a set of principles, rather than a hard continuity.

It looks like Hasbro says, "Your Transformers fiction can be as unique as you want so long as you stick to these important parts."

For example, in all Aligned Transformers stories, the Autobots and Decepticons stand for the same conflicting ethics, characters have the same personalities, the Civil War went the same general way, Megatron was a gladiator, Optimus was a librarian. Regular Energon and Dark Energon are both things.

Aligned exists to prevent people from misunderstanding the franchise and causing egregious "give me your face/I will kill them all" moments in future fictions. And that's a very good thing.

On the other hand I think for communication purposes Hasbro/IDW needs to relearn the definition of "continuity," because Aligned is NOT one. Aligned is a plurality of continuities that share the same *canon*. Different universes/aesthetics/stories, same constitutional premise.

IMO The books, the shows and the games don't need to be connected literally, that's not the point.

13. blurrr-ed

blurrr-ed Well-Known Member

aligned continuity can be the same universe if it wants, its only a loose affiliation with shared canon, and it refers more to the fully plotted out story, the history of cybertron, the war and the aftermath laid out in the brand bible. For the most part im on the same page as Vokvisitor. to me Aligned means that each format, 2 series, 2 games and the books have a shared alignment, theyre going in the same direction, doesnt mean they must sync perfectly or share aesthetics.

its not real, so i dont know why people are so desperate to apply logic and factors that apply to other incarnations of the brand to try and make 100% sense of it all. its so pointless when THEY DONT FIT PERFECTLY. have a metaphorical squint and maybe they do, but perfectly? hell no. All those bumblebees must really confuse you hardcore theory nuts. its entertainment, so let it entertain you. and for the love of GOD just chill out and stop obsessing. the discrepancies between plots and vastly different aesthetics can be put down to differing creative teams and artistic license. sorry if that drives your brains to the point of meltdown but its true.

FOC Cliffjumper had PRIME CLIFFJUMPERS HEAD so boom, its connected! its the same universe, no its doesnt tie together neatly but stop trying to read more into it than there is, its entertainment people, this is a hobby, its not real science and the people in charge are as imperfect as the rest of us.

14. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    We're fanboys. We need stuff to argue about.

15. ShoutBlast

ShoutBlast Active Member

people forgot hasbro use this little button every transformers saga/game

[​IMG]

fall of cybertron prime exodus are actually working by this button so they are not related with G1 but they are aligned each other.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent post.

17. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Fixed.

18. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    What you quoted: it is.

When this topic comes back in another thread in the future, I wonder if there can be anything new to be said.

19. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    There won't be, but that won't stop the discussion from occurring.

Forever

20. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    I been meaning to ask this:
    What's with the frustration? After all, one of the biggest criticims of G1 is its lousy continuity.

Don't you think that we should strive for better? Or is it suddenly a virtue to emulate?