Aicn q & a transformers prime: Rage of the dinobots!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by UltimusPrime, Sep 10, 2012.

1. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This whole interview is pretty metal, but I'm quoting this bit just to note that it will be fun to see what the denialists will make out of it. Could this be any more explicit a statement, from any more relevant a creative figure?

There is even a bit behind the reasoning of "Aligned" buried in there...I think it has to do with the phenomenon he notes of people who noticed Transformers "coming back" in the late 2000s. (Which is essentially who I am, I just got really well informed because I'm an obsessive.)

3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for sharing.

4. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    These are sweet! I want a print of the first one!

5. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Interesting; though there's a number of elements in WFC that directly clash with Exodus.

Have to wonder what takes precedence.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Is Swoop going for the Hulk Hogan pose?

Joking aside I thought this was about the Prime TV show and got excited :( 

7. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It's John Barber. He'll find a way to edit the shit of out the continuity discrepancies between the games and show.

8. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing. If he was able to make sense of the clusterfuck that was the Movie continuity, then he can sure as hell handle this.

The Prime show itself seems to take Exodus as canon. And honestly, considering that FOC kinda takes a broad strokes approach to what happened prior to its events, it's entirely possible to discard the first game while counting the second.

9. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

I find this quote VEEEERY interesting:

"and then most explicitly we’ll be setting up some elements that will play out in the Prime TV show going forward."

Do we dare hope that the Dinobots may make an appearance during Season 3 as more than a one episode walk-on, similar to the almost wasted appearance of Shockwave this season? I really want to see these guys in the show... and more importantly.. as TOYS!!

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    And the movie prequel comics are official canon.
    And the prequel comics to JJ's Star Trek is official canon.

:lol 

11. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't like how they still sound like everything is supposed to be all connected and make sense as opposed to numerous stories unrelated to one another taking queues and info from the same source...but eh.

12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    No joke.
    After all, that is what aligned means.

13. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i continue to find it head-shakingly hysterical that they are trying to cram the High Moon games with all their G1 Fan-service into the back-story of Prime, especially with the designs on FoC getting even blockier and more armored than the first one (as opposed to Prime's incredibly sleek and streamlined aesthetic).

Bumblebee and Starscream alone just make it a laughable exercise.

14. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon It's not easy being the best~

I have to wonder why writers even try anymore, given that they're gonna get this response every. Single. Time.

15. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

They will have to pull out a lot of fairy dust to convince me that the games, books and show are the same. I'll be curious to see how they try to convince me that the bumblebee, cliffjumper, starscream and soundwave from the game aren't g1, but from the prime cartoon. And also how they'll explain the memory lapses that go by since Dark Energon is new and exciting each of the three times megatron uses it for the first time. And I guess cliffjumper never made it into the arc during FOC since the prime cartoon shows him and arcee going to earth via space bridge.

He did work miracles with the movie comics. No joke, miracles. If anyone can do it, he can...but it'll be equally miraculous.

16. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

I think the point is that they shouldn't try. We're fine with different continuities. It's simpler and allows more exploration. It's not that we're mad they really are different continuities. At least I'm not...I'm just kind of insulted that they keep trying to sell me on the idea like I'm too stupid to notice.

17. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    elaborate please? I seem to be missing the joke

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    honestly, i wonder why Hasbro didn't push High Moon to move their aesthetic MORE in the Prime direction rather than farther away (alter Bumblebee's head to an intermediary between G1 and Prime, streamline Prime and Megs rather than bulking them up) if they are so concerned about the alignment of their aligned continuity.

I mean, it just feels like they are closing their eyes, sticking their fingers in their ears and going "it's all one continuity, it's all one continuity!!!" and ya know what, since Hasbro says it is, it is...

...but it's a dang sloppy way to go about it when you have the 2 primary components of that franchise (Fall of Cybertron and Prime) so completely aesthetically removed from one another. (reminds me of when IDW launched the Ongoing comic and Bumblebee mini-series and the various artists involved weren't using the same character models for stories that were entertwined)

19. Sockie

Sockie News Staff

News Credits:
    I don't think we'll be seeing much of Barber's patented continuity-massaging here. He's only editing, so we might see SOME of it, but probably not as much as if he were writing this himself.

20. chaosbringer_00

chaosbringer_00 I am indescribable.

I'll add my voice to the chorus of people who think that the "Aligned" continuity is dumb. The number of contradictions between the games and the Prime cartoon are staggering. I can appreciate Hasbro wanting to streamline their continuity for simplicity's sake, but trying to cram all these different forms of media into one canon doesn't work. I don't see why each story now has to match up to every other.

Personally, I just regard WfC/FoC and Prime as different continuities and leave it at that. I only worry that later stories, like Rage of the Dinobots, will suffer from being forced to incorporate contradictory elements into the narrative.

However, if Hasbro decides to make all of the different G1 media into one continuity, I might just quit the franchise before my head explodes :lol