AICN Leaks Movie Megatron Design, PICS INSIDE [SPOILER!!!!!]

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TheAmazingInframan, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Ok, I really should reserve all this until I see the movie... but so far, this looks tobe a movie about an alien robot race who happens to transform, NOT the Transformers. Don Murphy keeps saying that we ain't seen nothing yet, I certainly hope that he's right, I mean with all these leaked images, it can only mean 2 things, either this movie is gonna destroy the images that HasTak had been building for the past 20 years, or the movie is gonna have twists that would make every fan going "Wow, that was actually true to the Transformers" Personally, I hope it's the latter, because right now Don Murphy's promise is all that I can hang onto.

2. Stevejr

Stevejr Air commander TFW2005 Supporter

I'll see the movie but this is turning into my greatest fear......Batman and Robin, Catwoman, Godzilla, The Hulk and now probably Transformers. These movies are all about there namesakes in name only and that is why they all failed. What is it about these movie people that makes them reinvent the wheel? Especially after Spiderman you'd think they'd just update the stories not piss on them. I really really want to love this movie but it's getting harder by the day with these leaks.

3. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I'd buy one!

As for Megs, damn. Michael must have been :drunk  to even think of giving the title of Megatron to this monstrosity.

That looks like something the Power Rangers would take on, not the Autobots.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

But it came -really- damn close.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Fuck me, it's like Beast Machines all over again.

6. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you squint REALLY hard, Meg's "battle mode" kinda looks like his bucket head g1 self.

7. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yikes!!! It's RoboPredator!!! Run!!!!

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    That was uncalled for. -2005 Staff

9. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Eugh, pseudo organic robotic transforming aliens a go-go.

These are not the Transformers I remember or want to see on the big screen, thank you.

10. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    What is the target rating of this movie?

If the designs are going to be so realistic and evil, is it going to be rated R for all the violence such a design should dish out? If the production wants to use such a model fine, but I hope they use it well given the impression you get at a moments glance.

The nice thing about the transformers I have, is you look at them and say, "Hey a robot, but there are car parts or jet parts hanging off it, what's going on there?" Also, at least the G1 bots have a nice asthetic to them making them welcoming. You want to pick them up and fidget with them.

This design is scary and it better be used to such effect. I don't want to touch or transform this model. I can't tell what it is or that it even transforms.

11. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When I first saw it, Guyver sprang to my mind.

12. Maximal Prime

Maximal Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Oh come on guys, it's not that bad, we're all brainwashed enough that no matter how much we complain we'll still fart out $15.00 and go see it instead of holding true to any kind of principle.

Michael Bay is a directing god, his movies are classics and he knows what he is doing. In fact after this movie comes out, people won't even remember that Transformers were toys in the 80's, they will love this movie so much it will make 200 million and he can make more!

It's going to be the perfect Transformers movie! I can't even imagine how evil and bug-like Cybertron will look like on screen! Maybe there will be little buzzing alien insects that transform and then get eaten by the Decepticons!

13. Stevejr

I would have prefered an entirely new cast of characters with no Megatron or Prime. Can anyone on here without lying say that the general public will recognize a single one of these so called Transformers? Call me a G1 baby or whatever but if the designs looked like updated G1 the buzz for this thing would be insane and the fans would be happy and the general public would say hey that's Optimus Prime or hey that's Megatron...not hey that yellow camaro turns into a terminator exoskelleton.

14. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    is it just me or does all Transformers have camel toes? :lolol 

15. Stevejr

Bay a directing God? Um ok. Even his biggest supporters couldn't pull that one off. Pearl Harbor anyone.

16. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yes it did. and I bet if it did go through, it would receive an even bigger backlash than a bunch of disgruntled toy fans posting their disgust on a message board.

They are only throwing us tiny bones like cullen to keep us happy, but this movie isn't for us in mind at all. It is pretty clear. Not that I think the fan base is the ultimate authority to answer to, but as I said, there is a history, try to retain atleast some of it.

I bet this is the fastest growing thread on these boards.

17. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    We will be issuing warnings for trolling and personalized insults. Three offenses and you're gone baby!!

18. O-PRIME

O-PRIME Member

Maybe it's just me but the Transformer they showed in the teaser, even though it was a glimpse, looked more like Megatron than this thing does!!

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was about to say the same thing and yeah, I'm so totally avoiding the movie now. I'm open to new designs from RID to Galaxy Force but the TFs designs are more "insect-like" than robot like.

20. Puppetdisaster

Puppetdisaster Well-Known Member

These designs are complete and utter ASS, cant hollywood do anything right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.