AICN advance review of Transformers!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Well. I like how he admits people will think he's a plant...

But...um...

His language isn't exactly that of a professional...and everything he wrote in that review could be gathered from the leaked script, commercials, and reports of the 20-minute sneak peak. If he had said things like, "Keith David as Barricade gave a very good but short Darth Maul-like performance with at least one crowd-pleasing one-liner," then I'd be more inclined to believe he's legit. (I just made that stuff up about Keith David, btw.)

I also find it curious that he says Blackout transforms with the classic sound (confirmed from the 20-minute preview) but doesn't say if ALL the Transformers have this sound or just Blackout. I hope it's the former, but he doesn't clarify either way.

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Prime could have a sword arm.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 reasons:

1. In Generation one "More than Meets the Eye Part 1 & 2" Prime and megs use their meelee energy weapons. Prime has a yellow Ax and Megatron has a purple Mace.

For this film, the filmmakers could have decided to just give him a sword instead of an ax. It still chops and slices into stuff so it gets the same job done as an ax would. I don't see an issue with that.

2. There is supposedly another deluxe movie Optimus Prime and StarScream figure coming out. A fellow board member claims to have seen it along with other unrevealed figures that will come out later in 2007.

According to the member:
    - Prime is similar in transformation & appearance to the Leader figure but with much more kibble.
    - And he sports a weapon that no other Prime figures have. A sword possibly?

- The deluxe Starscream could possible come with a sword as well and have his regular hands instead of those "cannon hands" (because he has a sword in the film, for example SEE: Fast Action Battler StarScream or the HIDDEN trailer where he can be seen using it on Government SUVs.).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So all this is possible.

BUT I'm not going to believe a word of this review at all until I finally see the film for myself.

3. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Like everyone else I am skeptical of this review. Why didnt he describe any of the real battle scenes?? Why does this guy type like a 10 year old?? Hell I'm 15 and I dont type like a idoit.

4. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

XD

EDIT: Sorry, but that was too amusing to ignore :p 

5. Lord Of Tetris

Well, that can be explained. In Prequel Comic either 2 or 3 (I forget which), you see exactly that scene. Maybe it was removed from the movie and put into the comic.

I know the whole "glasses" plot would make less sense, but it would just encourage people to buy the book. Ever seen Star Wars? Summer blockbusters do this all the time. Omit a plot from the movie and put it in the (say) videogame, or comic.

6. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Except we know from Tom Desanto they went and filmed that scene in alaska, *and* we know from on of the prop sculptors (who's got a deviantart page) that both the ship and ice cave sets were built and used (in fact, we've even seen a model of the ice cave set in that old featurette with the barricade animatic). That they'd build them and create footage and then just can a key scene of the film seems unlikely (especially since bay seems so proud of shooting exactly what he needs).

Shia also mentioned (well, more like completely spoiled) the whole glasses thing in a MTV interview.

7. Lord Of Tetris

Hmm. I didn't know that. There's a few ways to explain this...

1. If the reviewer is true, then I guess it got cut out.

2. Maybe it is in the movie after all and....Oops.

8. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    the last 30 minutes is pure robot destruction? i plan to see this several times.

9. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I call 'Fuzzy World' on that review! I suspect it's a fake. :( 

10. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

The way I read the prequel comic, it shows events either side of the actual scene in the movie.

SPOILERS!

Grandpa Witwicky about to go under the ice, then a raving loony right after is seen in the comic. The actual discovery of MEGATRON and the etching of the glasses with the ALLSPARK location is left out because we see it in the movie (I presumed), and the comic is deliberately avoiding duplicating scenes.

11. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    We are talking about different people. I was quoting a member here whom months back, claimed to see a toy design for Megatron that was a tank that Megatron would adopt as an alt mode later in the film. This individual also said he worked for a toy company. He hasn't posted much but I do remember his info being accurate on seperate occassions. People then speculated that maybe he saw Leader class Brawl but I doubt it.

12. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Well I went to the source and asked the writers if, based on the content of this review, if they felt it confirmed or denied that he indeed saw the film. Roberto said that whoever wrote that was definitely there. Here's the full inquiry:

http://boards.transformersmovie.com/showpost.php?p=336216&postcount=3813

So there you go. It's a legit review, and the guy was just genuinely kind enough to avoid spoilers. Btw, Roberto's joking about the possibility of him being a plant ;) 

13. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought the whole lips thing was not the real deal.... from this review, they seem to be. So is Prime going to have lips or not? I am confused.

14. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

read this just a bit ago... sounds sweet. Can't wait to see the final.

15. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

This is good news, but not being the final version makes this somewhat dubious.

16. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

You misunderstood :) 

The shot of Prime talking without his battlemask in the leaked tv spot (no one was ever supposed to see except the people partaking the survey) was a cobbled together shot. All the pieces were real — the actors, the Prime head, the voice — but they weren't necessarily intended to go together that way. Hence why Sam and Mikeala's reaction doesn't seem to match, or why his lips don't seem to match what he's saying, or how the hell Prime got his head that close to the ground.

Bay's moderator, Nelson, asked Bay what the decision on the faceplate was, and Bay said he's still thinking; they may decide to make it permanent yet. I presume the feedback they get from this 850 person screening may play a part in that decision.

17. Rock6922

Rock6922 Professional Wrestler

Is it sad that we can all visualize someone doing a "fake" review?
    If it is real, it does whet my appetite a little more. I'll admit, while reading that review I was grinning ear to ear. Just over two months my friends... and I will be there...

18. Brownstreak

Brownstreak Banned

Its nice they're letting 12 year olds review movies over at AICN.

19. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

I concur. I'm a movie supporter, and I feel the way he reviewed the movie was immature and profane. I'm glad he enjoyed it, but acting like a 15-year old in the locker room when you're expressing your enthusiasm just makes you look like an idiot.

20. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or IGN.com :wink: