AICN advance review of Transformers!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Is Starscream's arrival at the damn toward the end of the film, according to the leaked script? Because that shot was in the tv spot.

2. chocula78

chocula78 Satellite Systems Engr TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    trying hard not to read the review. I read the leaked script and remember Starscream not showing up until really late anyway.

3. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a dead giveaway that the guy was reviewing the leaked script, as it's WELL KNOWN since months now that he's going to be called Frenzy... but he's named Soundwave in the script.

Also could the guy possibly use even more curse words?!? Heck, it was pissing me off him putting the F word into every second sentence. Typical american.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Wow. Those people commenting on AICN prove why there needs to be an 'Internet License' test that one needs to pass before being allowed to use the internet. Its pretty embarassing when (presumably) adults act like that.

5. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Hmm...I think Roberto said all the robot's names will be used in the film as well; if that were the case, he'd know his name is Frenzy.

6. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

If it is indeed similar to the leaked script then SS doesn't show up until the movie's well advanced, let's say until half of it. It's hard to tell if it's a fake made based on the leaked script or not, really, since similarities could just mean what many suspected already after seeing the trailers, that the script hasn't changed much since the leaks. The fact the screening may have been incomplete doesn't help either.

Only thing that strikes me as really really odd is Prime's sword arm. Neither the old script nor the various toys or designs hint at anything resembling a sword for him, only a machinegun. That'd be the one thing that really casts doubt on this report.

EDIT: the names thing is iffy. Again, based on the leaked script the decepticons aren't exactly talkative, can't say I remember Frenzy being named (or, for that matter, bonecrusher, Brawl, Blackout, barricade or skorponok). In fact, only Megs and Starscream were explicitely named during dialogue IIRC.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    "Sword" arm is new to me. If this is legit, I hope we see it on one of the Prime toys. I am very skeptical as most of you guys are right; a lot of what the reviewer said could be seen from the leaked scripts and tv spots.

I hope Starscream will be in more of the film, and a very long while back it was rumored that Megatron does get an "earth" mode, this was said by a worker at a toy company so I think it could be true.

Nonetheless I am skeptical of this review. Still hoping for the best.

8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I must agree on this. This guy is 28? Hard to believe, though people mature slower these days...

Even more true. Hmm, AICN isn't much worse then any TF board I have been to. Well, except there don't seem to be any moderators to edit the flaming and cursing, which is a bit annoying.

9. sannman

sannman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as the action and the back story is there i don't think we all here at tfw2005 will be dissapointed in this movie. I got a feeling its gonna be 10 times better then what we expected. this is bay's chance 2 redeam himself 2 the world. he knew he couldn't fuck this up prolly why he didn't want 2 do it in the first place!!!

10. RoboRic

RoboRic Banned

Exactly. I just read the review; does the guy have to curse so much?

I am skeptical to if he even saw it. Some of the things he said...just seemed off.:drunk 

*CoughPrime'sswordarmwtf?Cough*

11. bobby_C

Actually, what the guy (Tom desanto IIRC) really said, when the question was "will Megatron have an alt mode on earth", is "yes he will". Now that's a really really mean way to phrase it, because it's supremely vague: all that he confirms is that Megatron has an alt mode, and he uses it on earth. It doesn't, in fact, say anything about an earth mode.

The fact we have numerous pics of Megatron or his toys in an alien mode but none of an earth mode certainly points towards the same direction.

12. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

ummmm doesnt jazz have the sword arm?

13. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

yeah but its still pretty early in the game for toy protos, we just saw arcee like 2 weeks ago for the first time

14. bobby_C

yeah, but we've known of her existence for quite a while, thanks to toy listings. We knew the toy existed, we just didn't have pics. For Megatron, well, I think we've got pics of all the listed toys, haven't we?

15. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, Arcee isn't exactly a proto, more an Energon repaint.

16. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    he's talking about the new DELUXE movie Arcee figure. There is a Takara Catalog picture of it on Tformers.com anlong with others. This news was reported like a week or two ago.

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    well... i like the cursing

so there

18. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    so all and all this movie seems to closley follow the script Bay said "NO ONE HAS SEEN!"

19. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OMG, someone swore on the INTERNET? What has this world come to?
    Nice jab at Americans, btw. I could say "Typical Hungarian looking down at Americans" just as well. Every country has good and bad examples of people, man. How about we all try to be the exceptions of our stereotypes, hmm?

Anyways, the review definitely read about how I would expect something to sound on AICN. I still hold it with a grain of salt, but I'm still hopeful the movie will be entertaining.

-Dusty

20. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually it wasn't even that. I think this guy was posting on Harry Ballz' site and he probably felt he had to curse and refer to movies sexually like the other "professional" reviewers there. Every other words out of that guy Moriaty is "shit and F3@$" and every other sentence has something about how he sexually relieved himself after watching a movie. This guy probably thought he had to live up to that. It seemed forced, almost like he wanted the talkbackers to like him for being so naughty :D