AHM and Spotlight: Sideswipe previews posted

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Sep 15, 2008.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Comic News International has a 5-page preview of All Hail Megatron 3, which is due out this week, over here:
    Comic News International - Daily Comics News, Reviews & Discussions Sour ce

And over at RyallTime, Chris Ryall posted a 5-page preview of Spotlight: Sideswipe here:
    Sideswipe 5-page preview

As for when Spotlight: Sideswipe is due out, Ryall had this to say on the IDW boards:
    IDW Publishing Forums :: View topic - Sideswipe 5-page preview

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Astrotrain is a dick:p 

3 issues without Autobots..men that sucks:( 

3. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    whoa dude this is the best astrotrain use I've seen in a while! and the art for the sideswipe spotlight looks amazing! i'm still really pissed that such a huge storyline gets wrapped up in just 4 rushed issues.

4. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    very very cool!

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    A couple things.

A. Autobots were in the first issue, but they weren't fighting anybody, but they're definitely still out there.

B. You haven't even read issue 3 yet, you've gotten a 5 page preview and a look at the covers, there's no telling if the bots appear in that issue or not.

C. The point/direction/whatever of All Hail is not to continue the usual Autobots and Decepticons fight on Earth while Humans look on judgmentally at both sides like we've been getting since 1984 in the comics. The Decepticons actually get to fuck some shit up for once, cause some massive human casualties, blow up skyscrapers, ravage the military, etc. Point in case, there's no hero-robots to come in and save the day like they have been for the past 25ish years, there's going to be blood.

That being said, Astrotrain actually getting some action (in train mode of all things)=HELL YEAH!
    DN

6. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay for Shane, who thought that Astrotrain need to revert to a steam engine from his IDW design. Much better disguise in today's USA, I think we can all agree on that...

Can't wait for Sideswipe, though - just still pissed that this epic story gets crammed into 4 parts because of a totally uninteresting story by a newcomer comic-writer.
    Shame about the switched bubbles of Hound and Grindcore, though...

7. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i would say that if you're an Autobot fan, then issue 4 will be for you

until then...enjoy All Hail Megatron, leader of the Decepticons...not the Autobots... ;) 

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    If you don't like the designs, blame Guido for redoing them as well.

9. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    How well does doing PR for IDW pay? :p 

10. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I've quit buying comics... but I will pick this one up for sure. :D 

11. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie Imagineer

The colors on Sideswipe are AWESOME. Kinda reminds me of some old TF story-books, but with better art!

12. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'll get The Sideswipe one. AHM I'll pass on.

13. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    Judging from his robot mode, I thought he's gonna be like Classics/Henkei bullet train alt-mode, turns out I was wrong.

14. trilobitepictures

trilobitepictures Well-Known Member

Just a word to the wise... next time they announce a series... get a subscription. I got my AHM 3# yesterday. In fact, the every issue has arrived early...

15. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    I hope AHM starts to actually go somewhere soon. All we've had so far is Decepticons killing people, and for a property based on toys, it's pretty bleak. I've no real problem with human casualties, but after 2 issues of things going bang I'd like some plot. And using 5 pages to summarise something Marvel would have done in 2, I'm starting to feel like I'm wasting my money - would I really have missed anything by skipping issues 1 & 2? Aside from some lovely artwork, I really don't think I would.

I have this on subscription, but if it carries on like this I might just cancel. It's just... depressing.

Spotlight Sideswipe, on the other hand, looks awesome. I agree with those who are annoyed at how Furman's well plotted script has been sidelined, because so far I'm not seeing the "added value" of the AHM reboot.

16. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Oh, Astrotrain, you lil' trickster.

I guess I'm in the minority that is really enjoying AHM. I mean, it's not like its a 4 issue mini. Remeber, it's a 12 issue series. There's still plenty of time to explain things.

17. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still kinda skeptical about this series, especially with all the canon inconsistencies and the clusterfuck McCarthy has created trying to re-create the 80's cast for this comic.
    DN

18. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Not really sure about how I feel on the Sideswipe/Sunstreaker relationship now. I'm too used to them being brothers for them to not be brothers at this point.

Though, I guess it never does say that they aren't. Maybe Sunstreaker was just that much better than him and it irked Sideswipe.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've been enjoying All Hail Megatron so far since it's sort of like how I was hoping the film would have turned out. The Decepticons being all bad and nothing can stop them except for the Autobots. Even liking that it's been 2 issues and at least 5 pages with nothing to even slow down the Decepticons so it should be huge when the Autobots do show up and all the fighting goes to the next level.

Ha ha, and yea like a Decepticon fan is ever going to complain that his faction is getting too much time to shine.

20. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    Don't get me wrong, I think AHM will work well as a GN, but as a monthly comic, it doesn't seem to have progressed any. DW was just as guilty for substituting plot for artwork, and it just makes for a shallow experience. It still takes me far longer to read an old Marvel comic (or even a current one) than a modern IDW one, and even though the US Marvel stories were ropey at times, at least I felt the money had gone somewhere.

You could do away with the Autobots for the whole series if the Decepticons actually did something other than just blindly follow orders and destroy things. Where's the bickering? Where's the character study that we were promised? I know we're only 2 issues in to a 12 issue series, but c'mon, lets see something develop beyond running, killing and explosions... (As well done as they are).

I do agree with Ash in that AHM would have made an awesome opening for a movie though :)