AHM #16 Hutchison Variant Cover

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by jackets, Sep 16, 2009.

1. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Meh.. kinda dull.

3. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

i'm all for some more guido guidi

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Curious about the Bumblebee story in this issue. Zander's fresh blood to this franchise so far as I know.

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Meh. I haven't been impressed with any of his Coda covers. Loved most of the ones he did for the main AHM arc, though. Best part about most of those issues...

...speaking of which, I don't think there's ever been an issue of the TF mainline comic that I have LESS interest in than this one. Bumblebee and Spike? Seriously? Aren't there more important issues that need closure...?

I know, I know. Wait and see. But, this may be my last comic from IDW. Issue 15 finally peaked my interest a bit after a looong time of boredom and displeasure, if this isn't good I doubt I'll stick around for the ongoing... and it's about Bumblebee and Spike?

6. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I cant help but look at this and think of something rather NFSW... freakin internets mess my mind

7. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Awww, from the thumbnail I thought it was a view from inside Megatron's cannon.

8. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Heh, I kinda like the minimalist style.

Looks like he's staring into a hell hole of death.

9. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    That would've been epic.

10. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah...that expression on his face sure doesn't look like he found a pot-o-gold.

11. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I wish I had read all these, though I guess I'll be fine trying out the new series in november. I do prefer these more minimalist g1 designs though. Does make me think though, why can't hasbro make the universe figures have robot modes more reminiscent of these comic designs or the original cartoon, rather than just updating the old toy designs. Seems to me that they could easily design the toys like they did with the animated toys, just give them a little more detail to look like their media counterparts

12. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Gotta give Hasbro a lot of slack on this Stampede. The G1 animation models are fairly consistant, but in the comics every time a new artist comes aboard the charachter can appear wildly different.

I mean, who wouldn't want a Geoff Senior Optimus, an Andrew Wildman Optimus, a Josh Optimus, a Don Fig Optimus,,, and that's just Prime! :wink:  It would get insanely expensive.

A little trivia for the newbee's about "the Bumblebee issue". When they were making the Binaltech line, Hasbro practically begged VW on it's knees to give them the rights to do a Volkswagon Beetle transformer. VW was not only not interested, they were pretty obnoxious about it too from what I understand. (These ARE the same people that made the Phaton, the $70k sedan nobody bought, just because the Chairman wanted a nice company car to take home) So you will most likely NEVER see another Bumblebee toy that transforms into a Beetle. But since many artists grew up with G1, they still like to draw him as a V-dub.

(I still maintain Movie BB is a algamation of Bumblebee, Sunstreaker and Blaster)

Yes the animated toys were MINDBLOWINGLY character acurate. But they didn't have the same level of detail as 90% of the other versions of Transformers. And they took a LOT of latitude with vehicle modes.

As far as the story goes, they've done a pretty good (amazing?) job of ret-coning most of the inconsistancies out of the jump from Max-Dino's to AHM. But really Ryell? A good editor should have thought this through better first.

13. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    well im not saying I want them to make every version of every character, I was mostly just wishfully thinking that I want the toys to be more cartoon accurate. A G1 Animated toyline so to speak. Not ultra cartoony like animated, but still somewhat minimalist with lots of character in the sculpt. I'm not asking for perfection, I just want them to look right.

As much as I love the classics/universe figures, only a few of them really look like the original characters, especially in the face. I mean bumblebees head isn't bad and OP, cyclonus and a bunch of others are quite good, but then you have hot rod and other toys like that, which are still fun but just aren't what they could be

Im not some geewunner who only likes what was in the original show, but I would like some toys of the characters I grew up with that have the accuracy and posability that animated has.

Whatever, it doesn't really matter, Im just complaining lol

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Cool... though I actually prefer the other cover (in the used car lot) for it's moody tone.

zmog

15. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    why is bumblebees feet on his shoulders :sly2:  they changed his transformation ?

16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah IDW BB has a rather different transformation

17. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Though this may not be his most striking work to date, I love Trevor Hutchinson's covers.

They're so graphically awesome and they elevate the Transformers iconography to something really sophisticated. They have weight and power. Like Derrick J Wyatt's work on TFA, Trevor has a way of distilling the essence of the original Floro Derry designs and making them fresh and new.

And for the record, from a distance I thought this was sharkticon mouth cam when I first saw it. LOL...