AHM #10 - Warning SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Fairlady_Z, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Optimus Prime: "But surely the 'Cons would have focues on you. The must have sent an army to take you down. How did you survive?!"

Spoiler space for those who didn't listen...

"I AM OMEGA SUPREME!"

Awesomeness!

Plus Megatron vs. Devestator!

Man I love this series.

2000th post too, sweet!

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    ...Megatron vs Devastator? What? Sailboat were the size of ants to Devastator... did he simply step on Megatron thus ending this series and it's continued nonsense?

3. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Read it and find out. ;-)

Megatron: I knew who would stand at your side. I knew all along. You've failed. None of my warriors will join you.

Starscream: None?

Scrapper: All hail Megatron...

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I hate clicking TF comic threads that claim spoilers cause I'm never "spoiled" by them.

5. artoni

artoni Fangirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Zoh my gawd.

This issue was /hot/.

FreakingOmegafreakingDevasatorFREAKINGMEGATRON. YOU DO NOT FK WITH MEGATRON.

"You want to take this from me? SHOW ME! TEAR ME DOWN!"

6. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Eh. Very dissapointed. I mean, I'm gla things are finally reaching some kind of boiling point... and stuff is actually happening, but meh. I just don't like it.

That really was Prime. Not a hologram or a fake. It really was Prime. Very dissapointing. One page he's near death and Ratchet is afraid he can't fix him. A few pages later, after being completely repaired off-panel, he's back just fine and dandy. Now he's leading a battle charge? Yikes.

Then of course when everything appears lost... Omega Supreme just happens to show up and save the day, only to TF into his rocket mode like the very next page and fly the Autobots off to Earth? Eww.

Finally... Megatron is betrayed by Starscream, the Insecticons, and the Constructicons/Devastator. We knew it was coming. Maybe not Megatron vs. Devastator, but the revolt was coming. It was actually pretty well done, too. About the only thing I liked in the issue. Still no sign of the Matrix, though.

Again... I feel like everything that's happened in this series could have been told in half the amount of issues. Just so much wasted space in the comic, and when you finally get to a big scene (Prime's return for instance) it's just glossed over. Ugg.

Still love the idea for this series, but the writing and the execution leave a lot to be desired. I enjoyed Maximum Dinobots far more... almost the same amount of story occured, but only took 5 issues. No wasted space.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, i agree with prime coming back...i kept grabbing old issues and flipping through them to see if i missed something, but apparently he's just back...

and was that the bridge that sunstreaker obliterated that was present to allow the sharkti...er...bug thingies to attack the bots?

this series is okay, but very SLOW...then when something happens, its not explained enough...don't know what went wrong here...

8. girafeswordsman

girafeswordsman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shit might not be explained, but I just don't care anymore. THAT WAS AWESOME. Omega's explanation for how he survived if fucking win, and the "All hail Megatron" line dropped by Devestator was epic.

9. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:

That was epic. :bay 

10. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

While I'm liking the story well enough, I don't get why they have two different artists working on the same issue. Just like Maximum Dinobots, I just found it distracting.

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    the introduction of Omega was fuckin sweet! and good to see Prime from issue 9 wasnt a hologram like people thought. and I loved this series idk where all the hate is coming from lol. and Megatron fighting Dev is also epic :bay 

12. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Wait...

So Omega Supreme just turns up out of the blue?

No foreshadowing for that?

In ten issues, the first time they mention the most powerful Autobot is when he turns up and saves the day?

What.

The.

Fuck.

13. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Pretty much my sentiments. Otherwise the issue was alright, but Omega Supreme just showing up out of nowhere with absolutely NO foreshadowing has got to be the absolute worst part of AHM so far, and is right up there with the end of Hearts of Steel for the worst IDW TF "plot twist" ever.

I mean... if we're supposed to believe that the Decepticons have beaten the Autobots so badly (and ACROSS THE UNIVERSE, not just on Earth/New York), then shouldn't Omega Supreme have been dealt with? Yeah, ha, "I AM OMEGA SUPREME", yeah, that's a great explanation there. And of course he shows up in the nick of time from nowhere in particular, not apparently bothering to help the Autobots until now, and HOT ROD of all 'bots was the only one with the brains to contact him.

So basically this renders the entire plot moot, as all the Autobots would have had to do FROM THE BEGINNING is contact Omega Supreme and all their problems (minus Prime dying) would have been solved.

UGH.

14. steph1979

steph1979 Banned

Oh wow, its ending of Hearts of Steel bad? That's pretty bad.

15. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It reminded me more of the end of Maximum Dinobots.

AHM: Omega Supreme appears, Hot Rod gets all excited, "You got my message!"

MD: Ultra Magnus suddenly appears, Hot Rod gets all excited. "You got my message!"

16. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Whereas in MD, the day had already been saved, and just needed the aftermath to be cleaned up, AHM has the day being saved by two guys just turning up out of nowhere.

Next issue: ZOMG DEVASTATOR AND OMEGA SUPREEEEEEEEME FIGHT!

BADASS!

HARDCORE!!

ORSOME!!!

17. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

It's because it's not very good. Especially in comparison to what came before.

This issue FINALLY had the action the rest of the series has been missing. It promised a lot, but has taken ten issues to deliver the goods. Everything else we've seen has generally been a couple of pages here and there, and a lot of it also happened off-panel... joy.

Omega Supreme turning up didn't surprise me so much. After all, if the Autobots really ARE limited to just the handful on Cybertron, which is what has been implied throughout the series, there's no way they could take on even a quarter of the Decepticons currently on Earth, from what we had seen in the earlier series... oh wait, that's right, that no longer counts.

Hot Rod probably asked his plot device what he should do next. "Next, contact Omega Supreme, he's a wuss hiding and screening his calls, but he'll come and then take you to Earth to win in the last two issues."

And was it just me, but has the scale in this comic blown out again with Omega Supreme now appearing much more massive than ever before in IDW?

18. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Wait, how big is Devastator in comparison to Megatron?

19. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Megatron was small. Like, me holding MP Megatron in my hand small.

20. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

WARNING WARNING SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

[01] Autobots Leave Cybetron for Earth
    [02] Europe begins its attack against Decepticon Occupied North American
    Territories