AHHH!! My BW 2-pack came with two sets of Megs weapons and no Primal weapons!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by P1atinumGQ, Sep 24, 2006.

1. P1atinumGQ

P1atinumGQ Devourer of Transformers

I opened the box, took out the figures, only to see that there were two sets of Megatron missiles, and no Primal sword and missiles. Should I return it back to Toys R Us or should I contact Hasbro directly? Putting them back in the packaging will be a pain in the ass...

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If there are others at the store go back and exchange it.

3. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DO NOT contact Hasbro directly!! They will make you send it to them and give you some crappy item for equal or lesser value. You would be best to return it to the store.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Are the weapons visible from the outside of the package? I really wanted to get this set, but keep it sealed. I don't want a sealed set with the wrong weapons.

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    The one I bought didn't include any weapons for either of them. Megs was EXTREMELY floppy, too... so i just returned them. Would've exchanged, but they didn't have any more.

Not sure why i even opened the pack, though... I have the BWR set loose. Guess I'm kind of lucky i did, though.

6. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

These problems common? I have the BWR set myself, so I'm curious to no before I bite.

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    WOW, wasn't anything wrong with my 2Pack, except for the fact that Megatron had no head...but that was probably due to the fact I took a saw to his neck for KB purposes.

8. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

that might explain it Kaiju, at least Id hope it would...

9. P1atinumGQ

No weapons huh? Yikes. I'm gonna wait on what Hasbro tells me. They do have a parts replacement service. I just gave them an email. I don't really feel like driving back to TRU. Let's see what happens.

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can some do a comparsion with the TakaraTomy set? Any differences?

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Both sets appear to have the same paint aps, but more people seem to be complaining about the sloppiness of some of the paint on the Hasbro sets...

12. M-Prime

M-Prime Banned

Two sets of megatron's weapons was better than what I got...the first set I got had absolutely no weapons at all! Some bastard had either pilfered them in-store, or taken it home, removed the weapons and returned the set. This was of course after I drove 45 minutes to get to the nearest TRU (after they closed one 6 months ago that was 5 minutes from my work), bought the toy, drove another hour to my folks' place before noticing that the toy had been opened and the goodies removed. I then had to drive back out to TRU to exchange it. Luckily they had another one. With weapons.

Now the lamest part about this is that TRU put the one with missing weapons back out on the shelf at full price for some other poor schmuck to find. And yes, I did point this out to a manager, and his response was, "A toy with a missing accessory is still considered a complete toy and we will sell it at full price." Buncha jerks.

The set is AWESOME though.

13. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I stopped by the TRU here in Lexington today to pick up this set. Figured I'd get it along with Primus and Metroplex so it would be free. Problem was that there was nothing there but a shelf tag. :(  They get a truck tomorrow, so I can check back on Wednesday.

14. P1atinumGQ

That's what I did Insane Galvatron. Got Primus and Metroplex along with the set. I went back to TRU today and returned it cuz Hasbro would only give me another item for the set and not the actual parts. You can easily see the weapons if you look at the sides of the inside of the package.

Regarding the paint jobs.. a lot of them were definitely not perfect. I'd say 1 out of 3 are pretty good. I was lucky to be able to pick from 5 different ones. The one I got had quite a nice paint job. I wonder if the Takara one had more consistent paint jobs.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Geez. Buying this set's more trouble than it's worth. I have the Takara version.

16. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

I don't know whether this is because the Takara paint apps were actually consistently better. I was considering buying a Takara set, and was lucky enough to have a local store that had 4 or 5 of them, and their quality seemed to be on par with the 6 I've seen at TRUs. That is to say, most of the sets had at least some visible slop or paint chips, whether the set was Takara or Hasbro.

17. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the help guys! I was thinking of getting the more Hasbro version as it would be cheaper but I don't mind paying abit more for a better paint job.

18. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, this two guys were very poorly put together. Definitely a drop in quality since the originals were released. Does Optimus' arm gimmick even work anymore? Megatron's waist is way too loose, and his torso doesn't want to snap tightly. Fucking hasbro.

19. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Woo Hoo!! Went to TRU tonight and they had the two packs. I picked up Primus, Metroplex, and got the Primal & Megs 2-pack for free!!! Then I picked up Smokescreen as well. They had all the new deluxes, but he was the only one I wanted. They did have the Primal and Megs Cybertron repaints. Those of you in Lexington for Botcon may want to run out there first thing tomorrow. Plenty of 2-packs, but only one of each BW repaint as well as Quickmix.