Customs: AHH my eBay situation...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DvDqNoC, Aug 12, 2007.

1. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

My question is this: would people on eBay mind paying via check/money order instead of PayPal for Custom TF figures?

As many of you might know, I've made some customs of my Transformers figures, and I was hoping to put them on eBay.

The thing is: I'm 17 years old. I dont have a credit card, nor an eBay account. My older brother always lets me do eBay stuff with his account, but he is having problems with his PayPal, so I can't list anything on auction for a while... unless I get paid with check/money order or something.

What a bad time to have such a problem! What do you guys think? Should I list atleast one anyways, and have the buyer pay with check/money order?

BTW, if you've never seen what my customs look like, you can check them out at:
    http://davidscustoms.vze.com/

2. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't think that people will have a problem with it per se...

But I do think that you will lose potential buyers if they can't use Paypal. I for one ONLY use Paypal because of the ease of use and speed of payment.

I think that would be the huge drawback here...

Nice customs by the way. Its nice to see something other than Doc Ock hands being used for...well...hands. What did you use to make Barricade's hands?

3. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't think that people will have a problem with it per se...

But I do think that you will lose potential buyers if they can't use Paypal. I for one ONLY use Paypal because of the ease of use and speed of payment.

I think that would be the huge drawback here...

Nice customs by the way. Its nice to see something other than Doc Ock hands being used for...well...hands. What did you use to make Barricade's hands?

4. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    For payment just put "Check or MO only at this time. Sorry for any inconvenience" and then don't be an ass if they aren't satisfied.

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    For payment just put "Check or MO only at this time. Sorry for any inconvenience" and then don't be an ass if they aren't satisfied.

6. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

Thanks, I used aluminum foil for his hands.

Thanks for the tip.

7. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

Thanks, I used aluminum foil for his hands.

Thanks for the tip.

8. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your custums are very good. The Jazz is very nice. Not so sure about the tin foil hands on Barricade, but it looks good regardless.

I don't see a lot of folks being turned off by your auctions if they only acept money orders. The fact that your custums are very nice will help in this regard.

If you really want to include Paypal payments, maybe ask your parents. As long as you keep them informed of what you're doing, they may like the fact that you're being creative and making a few bucks on the side.

9. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Your custums are very good. The Jazz is very nice. Not so sure about the tin foil hands on Barricade, but it looks good regardless.

I don't see a lot of folks being turned off by your auctions if they only acept money orders. The fact that your custums are very nice will help in this regard.

If you really want to include Paypal payments, maybe ask your parents. As long as you keep them informed of what you're doing, they may like the fact that you're being creative and making a few bucks on the side.

10. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Not Paypal? I'm sorry, I just don't understand.

11. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Not Paypal? I'm sorry, I just don't understand.

12. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

Thanks. Yea about the hand, I didnt really like how the hands turned out either, as they dont look very 'robotic.' But if I can find some better hands I'm planning on using them instead of the foil.

My brother's account has all the good 100% feedback. If my parents help me out on this, I'd have to start a new account, which will have zero feedbacks. So I might just list Jazz for now, asking for check/money order only, and cross my fingers.

Thanks for your help, and any more is welcome.

Don't understand? Well my brother just told me he is having problems with his PayPal... So I cant use it as a means of recieving payment.

13. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

Thanks. Yea about the hand, I didnt really like how the hands turned out either, as they dont look very 'robotic.' But if I can find some better hands I'm planning on using them instead of the foil.

My brother's account has all the good 100% feedback. If my parents help me out on this, I'd have to start a new account, which will have zero feedbacks. So I might just list Jazz for now, asking for check/money order only, and cross my fingers.

Thanks for your help, and any more is welcome.

Don't understand? Well my brother just told me he is having problems with his PayPal... So I cant use it as a means of recieving payment.

14. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Now's as good a time as any to start your own account, I say. If you're an honest seller and a good, fast paying buyer, your feedback score will reflect that. No time like the present.

15. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Now's as good a time as any to start your own account, I say. If you're an honest seller and a good, fast paying buyer, your feedback score will reflect that. No time like the present.

16. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

But won't the fact that I have zero feedbacks make people less interested in my customs?

17. DvDqNoC

DvDqNoC Banned

But won't the fact that I have zero feedbacks make people less interested in my customs?

18. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Not if your custums are good. Post good pics with your auction, give a full clear description, answer any questions you get. Building a good reputation takes time.

19. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Not if your custums are good. Post good pics with your auction, give a full clear description, answer any questions you get. Building a good reputation takes time.

20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

dude, you're not alone i'm a check/mo kind of person 'cause i don't have a card to register 4 paypal but i do tell these ppl that i can receive payment from check or mo and it works sometimes while others don't so for whatever i'm selling/trading.