Ah, crap, Dreadwing is missing a piece! :(

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by thoughtcrime, Jul 3, 2007.

1. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

So last night I got home and started to futz with my GoD figures, and noticed Dreadwing is missing one of the "belt" pieces on either side of the canopy in robot mode. Doesn't affect vehicle mode, but its a pretty obvious flaw in robot mode. Its not stuck in the foam either. I know we did spot checks when we got them, but I was quick, didn't want to hold up the world, and honestly missed it until now. Am I out of luck? or do you think the club will do me a solid if I call/email them? Having joined when I signed up for the con, I'm not sure the best way to get in touch with them.

I kick myself for not catching it, argh! Frustrating! :banghead: 

*updated with pic*
    [​IMG]

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    Crap, I have to check out mine's when I get home from work.

3. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tell me about it.

I normally don't take my figures out of the box, but I found out on Sunday about the Dirge figure having 2L or 2R. So I decide I better remove the figures to check to see all of the parts were there and to my Suprise I was missing a Thundercracker Missle.

When I went back to see if I could do anything about it, they told me that since I did not catch the problem during registration that there was not much they could do since I already sign off on receiving my set. They said if I would have caught the problem before I left the table, they could have given me a new figure.

The only hope that they said that I had now is that when they get back to the office give them a call and they can see if anybody returned a broken thundercracker and that they might me able to give me a missle from that. But If they don't have a broken one, I would be out of luck because they don't have any spares sitting around.

4. thoughtcrime

Crap in a hat. Looks like I will need a spare Jetfire to cannibalize the piece from.

5. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have already been looking to see if Skywarp or Starscream's missles match so I can steal from one of them.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can someone take a picture of this problem Dreadwind area? I just compared the ones in my box and bag sets to a Jetfire and can't see where this missing bit would be while they're in jet mode.

7. thoughtcrime

Finally got a chance to snap a pic, updated the first post.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    This year's exclusive QC was pathetic. Dirges with the wrong guns, bits missing, and foam cut so tight that it warped the wings on some of the Seekers. FP may have made a fairly nice set, but they didn't so themselves any favours with all that.

9. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah, yeah. That's just a bit obvious...

Seriously, Hasbro does need to crack down a little bit on the QC, but like I keep saying, you can't have both a super-high quality figure and and the cost staying so stable forever. One has to give. Honestly, I don't know how we don't get worse QC, because at the kind of wages people get paid to make these, I could give half a crap if a part was obviously missing. Might even sabotage some on purpose in their position. If we want tighter paint aps and more reliable QC, we're going to have to suck up some cost increases in the main lines.

10. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I emailed Brian, asking if people who had problems with their sets could get the missing/wrong parts replaced. His reply was:
    Excellent news, so I thought I'd give people a heads-up on it.

11. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to hear. They were rather good about replacing my chestless Huffer (after a panicky sending of me in circles between greyshirts. Shin can attest to this).

12. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd better recheck my set before selling my dupes. May need spare parts!

13. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    Yeah Vang had the super exclusive Grilless Huffer

14. thoughtcrime

Yes I got the same reply from Brian, I'm happy. I will mail Dreadwing out right away. Glad to hear they can clear this up, and yeah, ouch on a chestless Huffer. I gotta go home and check out Alpha Trion and Wierdwolf now.

15. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I noticed in the display case they had Huffer was missing his grille

16. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I had thought that was deliberate though, so that we'd be able to see what the missiles under it looked like.

17. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My at-show exclusives are fine, except for some very loose joints.
    Just sent my incorrect Dirge launcher back; I'll keep people updated.

18. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Last year my Waspinator figure had two left arms if I'm remembering correctly and he wouldn't close properly for robot mode. I got my same figure back but one of the lefts was now a right and he closed right. I was pretty pleased they were able to help at all, knowing that everything sold out last year. they should be able to help you guys just fine. I've yet to be disappointed by the club's service.

19. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

While I was in line for my box I overheard some guys say they had the 2L/2R issue so I went over my set with a fine toothcomb, I even checked the guys had heads!
    Sorry that your set had a problem dude.
    Totally agree with the QC and foam on the set though, when I took mine out at the show most of the seekers were half-transformed already, and there is no decent place to keep Dreadwing's arm launchers, only Dirge's foam cut-out was even close to fitting the figure properly without having bits out of place.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007