ages three and up closing

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grifter Prime, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm not saying he pocketed it. It's possible he just did not have the money available to refund. And how is it his fault if he got screwed over? If someone on e-bay or the junkion exchange takes your money, are we supposed to just shrug our shoulders at you and say "Caveat Emptor, buddy. Its your fault, now cowboy up"? Because THAT sounds insane to suggest to me.

And speaking toward my comment being insane, let's say you have a business. Your business goes through a rough time. You've got two choices, do something that your customers aren't going to be happy about, or let this business you've run for years, your livelihood, your dream store, crumble. You might reason you can make it up to the customers later, but not if your store closes, in which case you can't get them anything at all. Still sound insane? It might not have been the best decision he could make, but for all you know, he might not have felt he had a choice.

I really hope you're joking here. I can't tell. You... know how it works when a place goes out of business, right?

2. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'm sorry to hear that. I have ordered from there in the past. It must be a tough decision to make.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I don't remember what it was exactly, but I do know the second order was not larger or heavier than the first. The payment screen had the same shipping charge as the preview screen, which was as much as the first order. I tend to order the same types of things, no hard hero busts or anything.

4. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm hoping the same cause that was about the densest thing I've read on the internet...which is saying alot.

5. Grifter Prime

Grifter Prime Ancient fan and 3P graphic designer and researcher

News Credits:
    Wow, never knew some people had bad run-ins with Spencer. I ordered the last 2 WST Dinos and seen it listed serveral times on his site, but never got them and was told they would be in in a week (always a week) but never came. I hope I get my money back.

6. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Damn, Laserwave, that must be quite irritating.

It's one thing to lose a preorder on a $20 WST, but MP-08 must have been $150.

Personally, I'd stick with BBTS or TFSource for reliability. While I admit that I've paid a few dollars more for something at BBTS than I would at other retailers, the convenience and professionalism are often worth it.

7. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Sounds like something wrong, because I usually pay full shipping the first time around, then no more than $2 or so each time after that.

8. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I've sobbed all day today.:cry 

And I can't buy it on those sites because I don't know how and do not have credit card.

9. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Get a debit card from your bank and do some research! Don't let something like that stand in your way!

10. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

:ev:  on A3U

11. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    :popcorn 

12. zap dragon

zap dragon Well-Known Member

CLOSED and OPEN DEALER/STORE SITES

transformer dealer/store sites

closed sites
    robotmonsters.com CLOSED
    ages 3 and up CLOSED
    bills's toys and games CLOSED
    big blue planet CLOSED
    transrepro CLOSED

open sites
    toy addicts.com -- site closed but moved to ebay with min inventory

tfsource.com -- pro good prices--con charge up front for preorder

bigbadtoystore.com -- pros outstanding customer service, dont charge for preorder till it arrives-- no charge for canceling order/unless you order one of their high ticket items for like $2000

fortmax.net -- very fair prices

transformerland.com --- very fair prices

wheeljackslab.com --- depends on your experiance

reprolabels.com --- depends on your experiance

my 2 cents
    zap

13. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

He baffled me w/ Bullshit. Am I the only one who can't follow that?

14. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TFsource now has a Pay Later feature, however, cancelling pre-orders is not as easy as at BBTS.

So while not as versatile as BBTS, still a great place, and a good place to order something you know you are absolutely going to want.

15. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Same... I rarely actually am stunned silent when reading something on the boards, but this was one of them.

16. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

I apologize if my language was harsh. Didn't really mean to be insulting (though in hindsight, I was), as your responses are very reasonable. I guess I felt on the high horse when I posted that, and now I feel like an ass for doing it.

However, my take on it still is that he apparently took money from people for stuff that he was not able to produce. In my opinion, it is his fault that he got "screwed" because he is a retailer. He buys stuff, and re-sells it for profit. He should know better than to get involved with shady people when his customers' money is at stake. Customers, on the other hand, saw him as a legitimate business, sponsoring this site no less. They wouldn't expect him to do such a thing, and if he were a responsible businessman (in my opinion), then he wouldn't have kept the money for stuff that he made available for sale on his site, and took money for, but could not deliver. Failing to provide a pre-order for someone is one thing, keeping money for that pre-order that you fail to provide is something else altogether.

Maybe he did tell himself that he could "make it up to his customers later," but that is probably wishful thinking, of the self-serving variety. "Insane," no, but unethical in my view. I'm sure he is a great guy, but fairness is fairness, and I don't think it is wrong to criticize him for doing wrong.

I've never run a business, so I can't really put myself in his shoes, but I have lost money on "sales" online before if I made a mistake, because I was the seller, who promised to provide something, and felt obligated to fulfill that obligation. It is a simple issue to me--failure to do that is wrong when it involves taking money from people for something that you failed to do correctly. His Asian sources may have done him wrong, but he was the one out to make a profit from his website, and should have to take the blame when that doesn't go correctly, in my opinion.

17. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    D'oh, Almost forgot, Captured Prey is a good upstanding business, hell Sidecutter, the owner is a member here.

Met him in person at Botcon 2007, I think it was before the movie premier, seemed like a cool guy.

18. Ghost Prime

Ghost Prime Banned

who the hell are agesthreeandup? ive never heard of them before....
    are they closing because of the credit/econemy problems?

WOW i only just noticed the post above. i cant belive all those sites are just gone now.transrepro will be seriously missed and i feel real sorry for ken as he was a good friend and its ot fair he had that stroke that did this to him...

19. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Wow Ghost Prime. You've been here since 2004 and havent heard of Ages Three and Up? They used to have an ad at the top of the page.

20. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

You forgot about Digital-Toys so I added to your list if you don't mind :)  I order most of my stuff from Mike now.

I ordered from A3U once (MP-05) and after all the lies and run around I got before I actually got him, I can't say I'm surprised.