ages three and up closing

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Grifter Prime, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Grifter Prime

Grifter Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF Dealer closes for good! Goodbye Spencer.

As of December 31st Ages Three And Up will no longer be in operation. I would like to thank everyone who has supported us over the years and am most appreciative of all the friends I have made over this time.

After December 31st we will no longer take any more orders and all preorders with Ages Three And Up will be cancelled and refunds issued for all items we did not receive. All products that are on hold for orders will be finalized and shipped out. I apologize for the delays we have had and have done my best at getting items in but to no avail.

We will also be closing our Metrotown location and from December 26th to December 31st everything on the site and in the store will be on sale at both locations.

Again, thanks to everyone over the years.

Spencer.

Never got my WST Dino Swoop and Sludge for them, he's had lots of problems from importers fron China and lots ripped him off! Feel bad for him, a great guy to deal with.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    damn, that's too bad. he's a great guy and I loved doing business with him.

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought they had recently moved to a new location?! WTF? I never ordered from them, but it's always sad to see a TF supplier close!

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I remember when I pre-ordered MA-21 Battle Mode Prime back in May they were having lots of problems with overseas suppliers. Didn't imagine they'd have this much of a problem, though. Spencer seemed like a good enough guy, hopefully he'll be back in business again.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  5. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  6. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    That's really too bad. I've ordered from him in the past and he's been great. If you read this thread, Spencer, good luck on your next venture.

7. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I hate to see the site go out of business, but I'm definitely curious to see the after-Christmas sales.

8. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Well-Known Member

That is too bad, I ordered from him quite a few times, very good guy to deal with, hope he gets back to it soon or at some point.

9. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, that is too bad. Unfortunately, my only transaction with them was a total mess, so I can't say I'm surprised. I was lied to about 8 times and never got any kind of an apology OR the product I ordered. It is STILL to bad though, since I really don't like to see any place go out of business and I know my transaction was not the norm- at least before all the recent problems started.

10. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

Sucks. Got my un-modded MP-05 from Spencer. Took a little longer than I expected, but he always kept me up to date. Good luck in the future!

11. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Back when they were first released I ordered my MP-05 from him. They were having shipping problems but when I called he guaranteed that I would get mine and that was good enough for me. Good Luck on you next Endeavor Spencer I hate too see you go.

12. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow that sucks. I've bought a few things from him he had on sale here. Great guy sucks to see him not be able to make it. I'm betting customs is overly cracking down on him since he used to deal with KO's.

13. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about this. :(  I've had nothing but great experiences with A3UP.

I wish nothing but the best to Spencer.

14. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    That is really bad news. I've always enjoyed dealing with them. Hopefully Spencer will land on his feet.

15. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Finally. I was wondering when someone was going to point out the negative side to A3U. I mean no offense, and I'm sorry they're going out of business (I really am) but pulling tactics like the ones used recently doesn't make folks want to continue shopping with them.

If he had just handled it better, if he had just been honest with everyone, he wouldn't be coming to this point. I know of many places online that must be suffering due to the economy, but they're doing well enough to keep their heads above water because they're great with their customers.

BBTS is without a doubt, one of the most expensive places to buy from, but they ship fast, they have the items in stock (no wondering), and they don't LIE to you.

Their positives far outweigh any negatives and that's what keeps them going. Still, I'm sure the economy has hit them pretty hard as well.

Here's a question... (and I'm not being funny, really.) he kept 15% of canceled preorders that never came in, and I know there were far more victims of that trap than what we saw here on these boards. People not on the boards like Grandparents, etc must've done some of their shopping with A3U. So...all of that money quickly adds up.

Hell, with all of the cases of folks here on TFW alone getting screwed, he probably could've paid rent.

Then you throw in the other boards? Yeah.

I dunno. I do feel bad that it happened to them, but I also feel bad (and a bit of relief) for his customers who got BURNED.

That was hard earned money, just STOLEN from them.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, after dealing with them, I was honestly adamant to never do so again. But, of course its sad news so I don't want to come off as a jerk. I appreciated how he tried to keep things on a personal level, but unfortunately this is an example of why that often doesn't work. Thanks to his personal communications, he ended up lying a bunch. If he hadn't lied and told me exactly what was going to happen with my order and just had to give my money back, I would have at least walked away understanding and possibly considering them still for future purchases.

17. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

If true, then definitely not cool.

18. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, because I'm sure those recent problems and his decisions during them are the only reason he's closing down now, and that the one wasn't a precursor to the other at all.

I mean seriously, doesn't it make a lot more sense that he wasn't able to better serve his customers, knowing now how bad of a state A3U was likely in? Yes, people got shafted, Spencer included. I am nearly certain, given the dramatic shift in service quality compared to previous years, that Spencer got royally and truly screwed, and was just trying to keep his business afloat, even at the expense of customer service. I'm willing to bet the money he "stole" was used to cover sunk costs that he had likely paid to suppliers who "stole" from him. It may not be the most generous of moves on his part, but can you honestly blame him if that was the case?

19. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Yes.

How does his being screwed justify the screwing of his customers, exactly? That is insane to suggest.

I am only going on the posts in this thread (never dealt with the guy), BUT, if he got screwed by Asian suppliers, then that was his fault, not that of his customers. You have responsibilities to your customers, and you make right if you make a bad decision. You do not pocket money for errors that are your fault.

20. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I never bought anything from AGES 3 & UP so no big loss for me, although I'm sorry for the owner. he'll move on I'm sure, so...so should everybody else.

Btw. if he's out of business because he has no money, how exactly is he gonna refund everybody else? that's hilarious. I suppose he can use MONOPOLY Money :D 

Anyway, I'm a BBTS preferred Customer myself, Idc if they are expensive because to me it's quality service that counts, and they always keep in touch with their customers to let them know what's going on, there's no lying, no stealing, no swindling(pun intended) there's no making friends it's all about business w/ them. :) 

and to the better company go the spoils :D